Why does 'gong-han-jeung' still exist?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Korean Tiger, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    Here is our 'unbeaten record' against Chinese football
    National Team - 15 Wins, 10 Draws
    Olympic Team - 6 Wins, 1 Draw

As a Korean fan, I'm just relieved that '공한증' (pronounced 'konghanzheng / 恐韩症' in Chinese) still lasts between Korea and China. Whether we played well or badly, Korea still keeps its 'unbeaten record' against China in the international and under-23 levels. For example, we won China 1-0 one month after we lost to Oman and Vietnam - so called 'Oman Shock' - in November 2003. I know Korea had a very tough game after '을용타' happened in the second half. China practically dominated after the expulsion of Lee Eul-yong. But they failed to score any single goal against 10 men, allowing the Koreans to keep their honorable record. :)

As for the Chinese Olympic team (under-23), Shen Xiangfu and his players were over-confident before the qualifier. They said, "We defeated these Koreans four years ago. What the hell is 'konghanzheng'? Who said that?" However, we all know what happened. They had to admit a 2-0 defeat in Changsha, saying "Obviously, there's a difference between Korea and China. We were on the same level. But what happened in the last four years?"

I'm curious how we have never lost to China. I think we have to analyze how we can hold this record in order to preserve it as long as possible. Why does '공한증' still exist? :rolleyes:

2. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    Psychological edge due to Korean male kkang. Get it done at any cost attitude that Koreans have.

3. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Racial superiority.

:D

4. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    They just stink when it comes to men's soccer. China really has to get better than this. Having that kind crappy rivally doesn't help our team at all.