Why does everyone doubt the USA?

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by JacopeX, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    :rolleyes: <shakes head>

pot meet kettle....

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    no kidding.

I'm still waiting to see him address my post that utterly rejects his "wull... the US bunkers" b/c I show that our d-backs play n attacking position in our formation, which allows wingers to pinch in a bit, thereby clogging up the middle and neutralizing Mexico's middle of the field midfielders, forcing them to take the attack up the flanks.

How on earth is that "bunkering". Talk about ignorance. :rolleyes:

3. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    usa sadly will go home empty handed but dont worry copa de oro fits u guys perfect thats the only level u will succeed in

4. xpo38

xpo38 BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 10, 2000
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW! Late to parties much?

5. Holla at ya boy

May 15, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a plain fact MOST hispanics do not like the USA soccer team so their opinions are going to be biased, we need a neutral person like me, I was born in Cuba raised in Spain and here in USA now and USA is going to win 2(Pararguay, Colombia) and lose 1(Argentina) the only team in south america it is imposiible for usa to beat is Brazil other than that we at least have a slight chance against Argentina.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So a USMNT fan is going to be unbiased? :rolleyes:

7. Reybotta

Reybotta New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    No pal, no chance to beat us, we haven`t won this cup for 20 years, and we ´re gonna take it damn seriously. What surprises me is the fact that the U.S. doesn`t take the CA seriously enough to put the A team (if all the threads are right about this a -b teams thing) on it, to get more international experience from it than from the Gold cup (just saw the group, u are playing against no one....). If i was a U.S. soccer fan (perdon universo futbol!) I would be eating my fingers watching a match against argentina, or even considering the fact that we could play against brazil... or paraguay, or colombia, or uruguay... (chile doesn´t deserve to be mentioned).
    The fact guys, is that if the U.S. gets thru the first stage, it would be historical considering the present facts: We are not going to take a B team (messi wants to play this cup), Brazil is not going to take a B team (ronaldinho wants to play this cup); all the other teams won´t be taking B teams. This is going to be the toughest Copa we are going to see for a long time guys...
    Footnote: Don`t never compare the importance of the Copa America with the Gold Cup. If you don´t know soccer history, then let me tell u all that this is the oldest cup to be played...
    Ahhh one more thing, Mexico, my son, u still need to grow; Papa Argentina te espera en octavos o cuartos, no se, pero seguro te damos otra leccion de futbol.(no mala onda!) ahahahahahaha!

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    20 years?

The Argies last won the cup in 93.

9. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    How they going to get serious if it's not a fifa mandated competition for them? It's not like clubs are obligated to let go of their players.

10. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Why does everyone doubt the USA?....maybe because:

1. they have no legit world class or continent class player (in their history)
    2. they have never won anything that matters (please don't even bring up gold cups)
    3. because when the U.S. goes to Venezuela they will be faced with crazy hostile crowd...

....win the copa america and I'll start paying attention.

11. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your best player is Freddie Adu I believe and he is complete crap compared to some of the above average Arg players for starters

You better pray that you can finish second to get to the next group, dont bother look at first in the table as that is reserved for Argentina already.

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Our best player isn't Freddy Adu, it's Giusseppe Rossi. Talk about being way off...

13. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Even after Copa America we would appreciate it if you didn't pay attention.

Thanks in advance.

14. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    the one that shunned the nats?

huh.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    your a USMNT fan, your defenently not neutral

16. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah but the second sentence still applies

17. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Argentina are crap. Couldn't even beat the Germans on penalties...

18. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This from a guy with Donovan as his avatar, freaking hallarious!!!!!:D

19. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is this a joke or what? Isn't that Rossi guy the same one that said "no" to the US?

20. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Yes, he wants to play for Italy....and I'm not sure how to spin ToonUSA's answer....

He's right that Adu isn't our best player....not yet anyway....love him or hate him, right now LD is that guy.....I don't know what the hell he's bringing up Rossi for though.:confused:

21. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    What was hilarious was watching the Argies go down to the Germans and try to fight them after. Not mentioning they just lost a PK shootout to the Germans (unheard of by the way), they proved they fight like girls as well.

22. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    He'll come back. We just sent him to get some training with Italy until we are ready for him to play. We couldn't find him a spot in our first team at the moment so we sent him to Italy because it was apparent they needed a little strength in their squad. I'm told he's been teaching the Italians a thing or 2 and they feel they have become a better side due to the influence of this great American player.

I thought it was vey generous of us.

23. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you are offically off my hattrick friendly list.

24. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ToonUSA being all "world rivalrii" up in here. Got some bait on the way. LMAO :D

25. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I take it you didn't get it?