Why does David Suazo never play for Honduras?

Discussion in 'Central America' started by new_skin, Nov 24, 2007.

1. new_skin

new_skin Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw today that David Suazo has only something like 20 caps for Honduras. What gives? Is he pulling a Giggs, where he's just so good he can't be bothered to play for his national team? Honduras played great at the Gold Cup, and a player of Suazo's caliber could only help.

2. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well I think he was hurt during the last Gold Cup. But your probably right with the Ryan Giggs comparison. Don't underestimate though the influence Sir Alex Ferguson played in those decisions by Giggs though. I wouldn't be that surprised if Suazo has chosen club over country during alot of these games. But I'm sure there are Hondurans on these boards that can offer a much more informed opinion than I. But you are also right, that if Honduras could field a full-strength squad for WC qualifying, they could seriously threaten for the 3rd or 4th place spot.

3. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    First and second place is likely this time around based on recent performances--not history (please read this if you are going to say "you have choked every other time, therefore...")

And on Suazo: he has been absent, fact. Also fact, anyone who says that he is choosing club over country is merely speculating and vice-versa.

4. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He better play in the WCQ, especially now that we ended up with Mexico,Canada, and Jamaica... he will be a key part in the team.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeh he is pulling a ryan giggs, this past summer he was injured thats whats at least what the cagliari doctor was saying, but its BS bcuz he never played that last game of the season. I understand that u can get hurt in training, but i doubt he got injured signing for INTER. Also during the gold cup it took awhile for inter to sign him bcuz Milan also want him which delayed him coming to the gold cup resulting in not playing at all. But anyways i doubt suazo wanted to play for honduras when he was in cagliari bcuz a. he wanted to b seen a a bigger club in Serie A and b. playing for honduras wont help your skills and also his already signed for a club that pays WAY better then the national team. (im not saying he plays for money thought) but i think playng Series A beats Honduras National anyday.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    he "missed" out on the gold cup due to his new signing so he better play in mexico and jamiaca game!!! or else he a douche bag.

7. hereje

hereje New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    he's too good for honduras, fenafuth and its corrupted administrators don't want to do their jobs, we don't need him, etc

as long as he keeps scoring for inter i'm happy, leave him alone!

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    A while ago someone in another thread had said that he doesn't do so well when he's on the NT. Is there any truth to that? I would think that a central american forward playing in Serie A with 20+ goals in a season would be tearing it up on their NT.

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    maybe he just doesnt care enough?

10. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Maybe he just can't stand every single person who makes such a big deal out of it. I don't know why it is but the press in Honduras is really harsh.

As for the record, he has only missed 3 qualifiers matches. It's not like he's absent all the time.

11. new_skin

new_skin Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He also missed the entire Gold Cup, where Honduras played great football without him.

12. upindemgutz1

upindemgutz1 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    i think the reason suazo didnt play in the gold cup is bcuz the whole signing scandal.I definetley think that he will play in WCQ, and its not like he hasnt played for the national squad. Hes played in a good number of friendlys in the last few years.If worst comes to worst, and Suazo dosent show up for qualifiers honduras has plenty of depth especially on the offensive side.Carlos Pavon mite play,then there is Carlo Costly who has been huge for the NT.There is plenty of people to fill the Suazo's spot.

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    what do you guys think the rest of the HNT thinks about him?

14. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006
    Well he has missed several games for certain reasons whether it be injury or potential transfers to other clubs. He has been pretty much on point since he went to Inter.

Also lets say this if Honduras is to even Sniff the world cup, Suazo will have to play a huge part in this voyage. I dont have the records but Honduras record when David Suazo plays in a full game is very good, look it up . I believe its a 2-1 ratio when he plays for either the Sub 23 team or the national team. I saw that stat the other day. He is starting to play some ball at Inter now just need some time to adjust, cant deny his skill. Duela a quien le Duela.

15. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thank you

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i doubt pavon el webon will be fit enough to play and also his too old now.

17. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    speculators.

he has been here for some games. he has been injured for others. he has said many times that he always gives the national team his best. he has scored in most games he plays for us. he took us to the olympics (2000).

those are all facts fellas. stick to the facts.

anyways, check him out auditioning for the Honduran diving team.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlCtTaWMFzk

Oh and if you want to see him kick some ass watch Inter's Champions League tie today, my guess is that he starts after his kick ass performance on Sat.

18. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    What is he supposed to say, Eh... I'll kind of try, if I feel like it.

And for the record, we are all speculating.... ALL OF US (which means you too).

19. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

My post included facts not speculation.

To your comment as to what he is "supposed to say" well, I am sticking to what he does say (see here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=w44sUhmyV_A)

Please read the post again if you disagree and state your case as to what piece of that was speculation.

Thanks. No hard feelings.

20. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    To start off myself, I mean no hard feelings either. I just think that perhaps you are looking at this issue with your Catracho-colored glasses on.

My point about what Suazo says is he has to say stuff like that. Can you imagine the controversy he would cause back home if he said I'm more worried about advancing my career in Italy! That's all I'm saying is that all players talk about how much of a honor it is to play for their country, and they give it their all, that they play for the name in front of the jersey, not the one in the back, etc. etc. etc. It's just sports clichés for the media.

And if you want facts how do you explain the fact that he's 28 years old but only has 32 caps. But a 31 year old Amado Guevara, the poster boy for the self-absorbed player, has 103 caps. Or how a 23 year old Wilson Palacios already has more caps than Suazo with 57? Or how a player the same age as Suazo, Julio de León has 60 caps? Those are facts, explain those.

21. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    men u try so hard to protect him

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    fscat 1 la_H 0

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

i argued about that when he did play for the gold cup in how he has little amounts of app for the national team. all the ppl here were like oh his signing with inter all these excuse!!

and for LA H why dnt u worship costly and not this guy suazo......

24. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    I will defer my answers to all of this speculation until I have the facts in front of me (Wikipedia numbers aren't the most reliable, if at all---Wilson Palacios 57 caps?? 3 shy of De Leon whom has been on the National Team roster for a generation longer than Palacios. That doesn't seem right at all). When I have reliable numbers I'll hit you up with them--I'm working on that.

Cheers!

PS: The Costly and Suazo question is a question that makes one ask oneself: "What!?" The onus is on you to prove to me otherwise--as of now you are comparing apples with oranges.

25. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    your the typical honduran who cant lose to costa rica .......