Why does Atlanta not have their own forum yet?

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by GoDawgsGo, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'll see if this can be sorted.

Sachsen repped this.
  2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Short bus post of the year.

3. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Of 2017 you mean?

Question is: what did their roster look like 58 days before they launched? That's what I was wondering at that time. :rolleyes:

There was quite an ATL hype train rolling at that time, and it continues to roll because they've lived up to it and then some. They've hit all their marks - hopefully Barco comes through too.

4. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just eat your crow in silence. ;)

Ya they must've totally been crapping themselves knowing they're working with the biggest check book in the league. Probably ran out of toilet paper every day in that office.

5. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    #30 Honore de Ballsac, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    You know, I laughed along at first - because it was one of those throwaway "counterpoint to all the hype" thoughts.

But implying, with hindsight, that a post from Jan 2017 is the dumbest post of 2018 is kind of dumb right? Atlanta had a lot of money but the roster was thin and the hype was so monolithic it was worth questioning at that time. We have had World Cup winning international coaches and players bomb out in this league. We have had high-priced DP's bomb out in this league - this season there were a bunch of underperformers. We've seen high-priced DP's cost their teams' overall roster quality. And we've seen relatively big budget teams like Toronto FC flop for years.

Aanywhoo - I don't expect a smarter response this time either. So uh, "Aw shuks. Durn it! I was certain Atlanta United was gonna be rilly bad somehow and I was dead wrong!" There's your sig.

6. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    P.S. I thought LAFC's situation was similar coming into this season. Obviously the evidence of ATL and LAFC has made me less skeptical about teams trying to put together an entertaining and competitive squad in a short amount of time.

7. astroturfFC

astroturfFC New Member

ATXFC
    United States
    Nov 21, 2020
    McKalla Wetlands
    Can we get an Austin FC Forum now? Jersey, Coaches, Players, Stadium. It'd be nice to have the forum itself ramped up by the time we kickoff.

GoDawgsGo, TrueCrew and Klingo3034 repped this.
  8. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cannot believe I am going to say this often, but I wholeheartedly agree with my fellow poster from Austin.

And get logos for the logo-less. Nashville & Miami.