Why do you choose not to stand in the Supporters' Sections?

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Ch(Elsey), Oct 3, 2011.

1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're coming for the home opener, they are doing a promo for the game. Select upper east and west side tix for $20.12. There should be a link somewhere on the home page with the password. Otherwise, I don't know that single game tix are on sale yet, are they?

2. DJFroZone

DJFroZone New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no im months away 6/30 vs RSL driving down from NY. i'll wait around then

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Honestly, if you want sideline tickets, I think the west side is better, as you'll have the sun behind you. It makes for a better view of the game.

If you think the supporters section sounds like fun, but you're not quite sure, be aware that you *must* have a ticket for that section to enter, if even for 5-10 minutes. If it turns out that the section isn't for you, there are plenty of seats to move to.

4. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've pretty much sat everywhere in the stadium at one point or another, and my choice of where to sit/stand largely depends on who I am bringing to the game.

With my dad, we had the chairback seats because there was no way to impress him with standing or bleachers with backs. He loved the experience.

I brought a friend of mine who is from Kenya and we sat across from the Nordecke because I knew he'd like the atmosphere better there (It was the TFC tazer game, btw). Great success because he fed off the crowd without feeling to overwhelmed.

With another friend who didn't know anything about soccer, I chose seats towards the top of the Nordecke figuring that if the game didn't grasp her, the atmosphere would. Mild success, and we came to more games.

By myself I sat in the other corner next to the stage, and it may have been my favorite section of all. People are willing to participate, not as much drunken obnoxiousness, yet still a good mix of young and old.

I'm bringing my girlfriend to a game this season, and after reading this thread may choose the upper deck. It sounds like those may present a sort of best of both worlds situation. Especially since I will be explaining pretty much the entire game to the gf.

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Explaining soccer? That's easy (ok, offsides may be tough).

Try explaining baseball or American football to a German exchange student.

6. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah my dad and I tried explaining baseball to an English friend of ours. For a guy who understands cricket, he sure didn't grasp baseball quickly. (or MLS's playoff/conference system for that matter)

7. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    especially when the rules in the NFL are constantly changing....

8. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If I get my students through the student union at OSU, am I automatically in the Nordecke? If so, it'll be my first time in the supporters' section in the 4 seasons I've gone to Crew games.

Pretty excited about it. Not entirely sure why I haven't been in the Nordecke before.

9. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If it's through D-Tix then yes they are in the Nordecke and they are the cheapest tickets you can get in the Nordecke thanks to D-tix subsidizing the cost.

Also on that note, we should be working with OSU here shortly to get a HSH student group together, if that is something your interested in being apart of let me know (same goes for other OSU students on this forum).

10. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Was in the Nordecke for the first time this past Saturday.

Made me question why I ever sat (stood) in any other section of the stadium. It was great, and I had a blast.

Now to learn that damned Spanish chant.... :p

11. BeMassiveSoccer

Jul 27, 2007
    Relegation Zone
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm guessing you mean, "Yo si le voy, le voy al Columbus!"? If so, then there ya go! :D

12. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I thank you, sir.

13. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depending on her personality, she may just enjoy yelling and singing in the Nordecke, mostly oblivious to what's going on. That's how I got my then-girlfriend, now-wife into it and she loved it so much that we went to several games together until we moved. She was just as distraught as I was that we weren't able to go to games anymore.

As we went to more and more, I was able to gradually familiarize her with the players (like explaining why I was always groaning about Robbie Rogers). The first time we went, I tried to explain everything at once and she told me to stop.

14. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, definitely. After going for the first one, she said she'd gladly go back but that she'd rather stand in the Nordecke.

15. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They come for the dessert...and stay because of the meat n potatoes.