Why didn't Chelsea hire us?

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, May 4, 2011.

1. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    xfactor should be hired. if you do, please send me some british rice pudding from sainsbury and jamaican bottled root beer from selfridges. i miss them. thanks.

anyway lol looking at the past, many clubs tried to enter the chinese market by making chinese clubs as their 'brother clubs'.

i remember real madrid had a partnership with beijing guoan or some other club? sheffield had or still has a partnership with chengdu blades? what benefit did the partnership bring to them? :D
    i didn't see any chinese player in real madrid of sheffield (i didn't count hao haidong as a contribution because he really did not offer much to the club).

3. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think these link-ups are not in the interest of Chinese clubs. European big clubs already have their own fanbases in Europe, its selfish and detrimental to the development of the Chinese domestic game for them to steal even more fans. China needs a strong domestic league to prosper, Chelsea or Man U PLC don't give a shit about Chinese fans or Chinese football.

4. ChinaDan

ChinaDan Member

May 29, 2007
    Ireland
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was wondering about something similar on the HK forum earlier.

The main advantages of a link up for a Chinese/ Asian club are shared training techniques, youth development programmes and marketing ideas.
    I'd say for the both clubs European and Asian finding a player of that talent isn't that high a priority. A Chinese player going to a European club as a result of a club link up, I'd think the chances of that happening are just as good as a Chinese player being signed up for his talent regardless of club link! Just look at the link ups with say Manchester United and Antwerp in the past not one Belgian player came to United through that process. Its just a case of if you've got the talent and you fit what the club are looking for then you've as good a chance as anybody else at being signed by the club.

As for the European club, its fairly easy to see what there in it for, massive potential new fan base, shirt sales, friendly tours etc. Potential to expand its existing business. No different to any other business looking to expand into the Chinese market.

There are advantages to be had for both parties but the links ups obviously have to be over a lengthy amount of time to be of benefit. However quite often I do think their just short term PR stunts.