Why can't U.S. fans accept criticism of the team?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by patt, Sep 6, 2007.

1. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's that I hear? "Korea, dos y cero"

2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He makes a pretty good point, and you respond with that shit? No wonder Mexico-US discussion turns to a ********in bitchfest everytime.

I don't care what team you're rooting for, bringing up 5 year old results is pretty sad.

3. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Actually "3 and out" and "5 losses in a row" are much louder, sounds tend to dissipate with time, its science

4. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, thank you for demonstrating the equally stupid counterpoint so I don't have to explain further.

5. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Why can't U.S. fans accept criticsm of the team?"

because we're the best in the world, biatch.

6. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol:)

7. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden

Well if you think the U.S are playing on a bit of a higher level than they are then you should atleast get with the program and believe they can beat Finland ;) (which you later said maybe the U.S is on par with)

I'd rate you higher than Finland.

The main U.S rivals being discussed here seems to have been Ivory Coast and Japan. Kinda strange I think since Ivory Coast and Japan are quite different in quality. People who said Ivory Coast was great and dropped a few top names didn't even mention Eboue who is absolutely awesome. I had no idea he was from CIV prior to the WC but he was one of the best defenders in all of CL 05/06. Ivory Coast has some amazing players. If it was up to my wallet, no bias, Ivory Coast is just on another level here, USA would be a favorite against Japan.

8. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The thread should be changed to Why cant US fans accept critisism of the team and players? I was just on the Adu thread in the US general and was accused of a being a troll just cuzed my opinion was different from someone else, and the same as others.

9. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, I don't care about Mexican fans coming in here to post opinions, but honestly what did you expect? You can't just come into a thread and say 'he sucks' and expect to be taken seriously. That's not much of an opinion, or rather it's 100% pointless in terms of discussion. And that's what trolling is. Sorry if you thought otherwise.