Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally he gets to rest.

YOUNGSTARS87, Deep Pal and RMrules repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't get the whole "now he gets a rest" thing.

Alba Berlin did a study wiht he players who had the virus, and their fitness tests were worse, depending on the player by different amounts, but still, not a single player performed the fitness tests post virus as he did prior.

Lance Stroll (F1) admits to being in worse shape post Covid-19 for weeks.

If anything, we can expect him to be worse than he was.

MaxY repped this.
  3. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    That's what happens to anyone who misses few training sessions. As long as it stays out of their lungs, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Anon. repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Meaning if he was gonna get the virus, this is the best possible time. Miss only one game and avoid the trip to South America

5. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Get well soon Casemiro.

He has looked spent for most of this season, shame that we don’t have any type of replacement for him. Let’s see how our midfield looks without him.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Huh?

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks doc. One of their players tested negative but couldn't return to training for another two weeks.

Causeur hasn't featured for us at all since he got the virus despite testing negative.

It's not just the "sniffles" for everybody, but considering they all play on painkillers way before they should, I'm sure even players that aren't completely fit are thrown out there as soon as they test negative.

8. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And it's not like anyone who got it, athlete or not, suffered a major setback and became out of shape for weeks. Stop being over dramatic. Have some positive thoughts.

Kroosinator repped this.
  9. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    My point is missing few training sessions pushes you back for a weeks or months if you're doing serious sports, no matter what is the reason for missing those sessions. Few weeks is a huge thing, no matter the reason.

Thus, mentioned statistical correlation is pretty much irrelevant for the implied conclusion. It can be made relevant by having a control group of sportsman (on a similar level) to miss out the same amount of physical activity.

Do you really want to discuss experimental design with a mathematician?
    Point is: you can't make any conclusion about Covid based on the comparison you've mentioned while the same effect is known for a more general case.

I love your example and way of basing the arguments. Our ex basketball player didn't play a professional game since his last car ride. Poor Dražen Petrović, guy from my hometown.
    I'm not comparing those probabilities, but your reasoning based on "it has happened to someone, let's generalize based on a single case".

What is the problem relying on the prospect of everything going well if player's lungs stay OK? Lungs are the organ most often damaged with the virus, and the organ which massively affects the basic fitness parameters, i.e. VO2max. There is a small chance for other damage, for fit young people even smaller. Doesn't mean other damage won't happen, but there is a good reason to be really surprised if other things go wrong.

Are we alright now?

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    any health update?

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1236 4x4s, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    The virus has impacted the Euroleague more than any football League, and the results in how quickly players return vary wildly there. You have players that have tested positive and have missed about a month of action now watching from the sidelines despite testing negative after a couple weeks, and you have players that returned to action right after testing negative.

Gündogan said he couldn't move and felt completely exhausted after 20 minutes, and that he's been trying to tell people around him to take this more serious. This is a world class athlete showing serious symptoms.

Of course for most players the immediate impact isn't severe, but Real Madrid has a player that has yet to play again since testing positive, Alba Berlin has a player that's yet to play since testing positive. Olympiacos had a player test positive following them playing Alba Berlin this week. The more positive cases you get, the more likely it is you'll have a player get sick. It's not that difficult to understand. Trey Thompkins returns after a couple weeks, Fabian Causeur is out for about a month now. Two players, both Real Madrid. Considering a player from out own team has been sidelined this long, i'd rather not gamble on a two week vacation vs a month long absence. It's more likely that it will be weeks than months still, but seeing players test positive and the reaction be "finally some rest" is truly weird.

That's the League that's most worth following when it comes to Covid-19 infections in Europe because it's so ridiculous that you can see the impact on the schedule and on the floor.

Huh?

"On vacation"

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro is back to training, I just read.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1382455086115299330 is not a valid tweet id

14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't help but feel like south american midfield players are always overlooked.

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed 100%. How much praise did Busquets get yesterday for his performance against Slovakia and yet how silent are the headlines for Casemiro for his performance against Colombia?

ahnaf, Lyra, benny_madridista and 3 others repped this.
  17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    South America talent is underrated now.

18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saying all Brazilian"Talent" is underrated is generalization imo. Vinicious is a classic example of overhyped Brazilian.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lol

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Grande Casemiro! Well deserved!

Deep Pal, RMSocrates, J-Mezzy and 3 others repped this.
  23. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I remember when he played for Sao Paulo and he was a problematic kid and few people trusted he could become something else. I'm glad he found his way and became such an amazing player.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and Digital repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember reading about this

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Him coming on vs Dortmund played a big part in RM progressing.

Deep Pal, S1na, Shay Z and 7 others repped this.