Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The savior has arrived.

[​IMG]

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Hail Casemiro!

3. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So relieved. Now that we took care of CDM, we can move on to luxury buys, like another goalkeeper.

-Reivax-, anticule, madridismo and 2 others repped this.
  5. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Underwhelming signing but hopefully he will do well here.

6. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Seriously though, Casemiro was once a very bright prospect in Brazil, the "It" player uttered in the same breath as Lucas Moura and Lucas Piazon as the "next big thing" (no jokes please :D). A big part of his issue was due too much notoriety a bit too soon and instability at the head coaching position that would've made us blush. He'll have no problem with the former here and as far as the latter a guy like Ancelotti could go a long way towards getting the best out of him. If so then this will be the hidden gem or bargain signing of the summer.

7. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair to him when he played for us he never really let us down.. did a job and was actually quite surprised.

But this shouldn't be the only midfielder we get in otherwise it'd be a disaster.

8. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Ave Casemiro, morituri te salutant

9. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't see how he can be of any help to the first team. This seems way worse than Altintop.

10. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Quick question our resident Brazilian scout, does he have the potential to be something truly special (Jese) or just a decent squad/rotation player (Nacho)? Just trying to get a feel for the talent the kid has.

11. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am free from depression, stress, worries and everything that life tries to throw at me every day. I am not bound to my past, I am not confused by the present and I look forward to my future because I know that Casemiro is playing for my team wherever I am. Alleluia!

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a much better player than people believe he is.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Casemiro signed for Galatasaray??????? :confused:

I kid, I kid.

14. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Crimson, anticule, madridismo and 4 others repped this.
  15. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great transfer. He is way better than our own cantera players and he deserves a first team opportunity.

16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's too good to play for Galatasaray. Real Madrid on the other hand seems the right place for him to be and win the CL. :)

Chinky24 repped this.
  17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    He was on the same sort of trajectory Paulinho and Fernando are on now before he got derailed imo.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. Just like Varane. You can tell he's on another level.

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very odd signing. Hope he does well regardless.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't seem like the posters who watch Castilla week in and out saw "another level" from this guy. Where did you see this?

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This can only mean La Decima!

Well done.

Hsain85 and madridismo repped this.
  22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    No he was decidedly average and wasn't even cracking the starting eleven most times. Then Alex got that red card and Casemiro conveniently stepped in was continued to be average but Troil persisted with him probably not of his own volition though if you know what I mean :whistling:

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll tell you one thing, the guy played a match with the first team and got great reviews from people who didn't particularly like the idea of this guy even playing. He's done better than anybody Mourinho gave a chance to besides Morata, and possibly Nacho (because of the demanding nature of the position he played in) from the youth team.

What's important for the first team is how players play in the first team. Casemiro played well and caught a lot of people's eye in the press.

Some players do brilliant in the youth teams and lower divisions and fail on the transition (Bojan is a big example, also Jurado). Others slowly become top players later on. Miroslav Klose was a non factor in youth football and he's one of the most prolific strikers in German football history.

I can judge the guy on the performance with the first team, and i think he got a lot of praise for that, as i said, more than any other youth player did besides Morata.

Saeta Rubia, Zidane05, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the image i got as well. So what gives here? What am I missing?

25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just sounds like a reach to me. One game with the first team where he played a few passes and generally looked OK. You kinda overhyped his performance then if I remember, and it seems that continues. Bottom line, Varane would be owning Second Division competition, he IS that good. This guy? Hmm, I'm skeptical.