Why BeINsport is a failure - Continued

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cescfabregas, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm hearing a significant personnel change within the next two months....

Lets all hope!

Cantona---

2. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Personnel change at Bein or Directv? Hopefully the former and not the latter.

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Yeah, I would love to see whoever is running BeIN get canned. I really don't have a lot of problems with the announcers but the programming decisions on the whole are horrible. I have posted multiple times that I respect the desire to be an international channel; the move makes sense. But why would you pay so much for football and then show cycling or motorcycle races. Move those things to late-night delay or show it during the mid-week when BeIN has nothing but Carling Cup when that happens. Then there is the 90in30 joke. The thing is that this is unique to BeIN USA. Check out listings for JSC: coverage is amazing. BeIN should follow that model. Anyway, here's to cleaning house at the top and bringing in someone from JSC to run things.

4. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Everyone at bein should be canned and not excluding bocafan.

BocaFan repped this.
  5. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    By the way, Im on day 5 of no access to beinplay. I keep getting the same "we are sorry for the inconvenience but we are awaiting a response from the technicians". Apparently they have tagged it urgent. I pointed out to their customer service that I would hate to see how something not marked as urgent would be handled. Absolute joke!!!

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Not necessarily starting to hate beIn but definitely getting bummed out about their decisions (and non-decisions): more than a soccer channel, it seems like they're looking to become competition for ESPN, imho.

7. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    If that's bein's goal then they are going about it even worse than Fox Sports 1. You aren't taking on ESPN by showing handball and infomercials instead of live soccer on a channel that most people can't even find.

Redbullsnation2012 and MetroChile repped this.
  8. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    They won't be competition for ESPN with the properties they have.

Need to concentrate of football. In their possession they have some fantastic properties.

Showcase them.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #659 MetroChile, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    And I completely agree with you and what you mention is what you and I both want--and surely a lot of other people--but that is not what they're doing. And what I said was that it looks like beIn wants to compete with ESPN. Does that mean that it will ever happen? None knows (and by the way beIn "execs/officials" are going about it, it looks very unlikely).

10. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    They have ZERO properties that Joe Sportsfan in America has any interest in watching.

Could they be the destination for Joe Soccerfan (even with NBC having the Premier League) to get most of his football?

Yes they can.

Especially if they can wrest away USMNT home WCQ rights which have been sold to ESPN well under market value for years.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USMNT home games will remain with ESPN for a while, or if they move go to another big US station. beIN has no chance winning them, even if they outbid ESPN.

USSF knows what's going on and knows that ESPN serves them a much wider audience.

12. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I guess it depends if beIN offers them " stupid" money (which they have been known to do).

All I hear about is how strapped for cash US Soccer is - you never know.

13. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Where do you hear about US Soccer being cash strapped? Even with stupid money they won't sell to bein because selling to bein is the end of growth for US Soccer.

Dante repped this.
  14. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is your proof that beIn offers "stupid money?" ---- Schapes' canned response whenever anyone stated the obvious in the forum over the past 12 months.

Now Schapes, you have outed yourself as a troll.

15. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    anyone having issues with bein play right now?? it keeps reloading the page for me...impossible to watch a game online....

16. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I was able to watch the Rayo Vallacano match with no issues.

17. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yea no problem yesterday but today is a mess

18. Goetzil10

Goetzil10 Member

Real Madrid
    Germany
    Jul 1, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone know why BeIN Sport Espanyol for Dish Network (channel 873) is always on "Sport Alternate" and not showing any content?

19. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Had the same problem for the past 2 weekends. Others have reported issues too in the other Bein thread

20. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    873 is not BEIN Espanyol.

It is "BEIN2" which shows some select Espanol live event programming.
    I believe Dish saves money/ bandwidth when they do it this way.

21. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ive been without bein ay for over a week. Ive been emailing them daily. ********ing shit show. Anyone have a contact in Doha. They cant have any idea how poorly Bein is run here.

22. #SnipeHunt

#SnipeHunt New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I can confidently tell you people that none of you have a clue about what goes on at beIN. Not a single one of you.

That's all.

23. Goetzil10

Goetzil10 Member

Real Madrid
    Germany
    Jul 1, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh ok thanks. So do Dish not have BeIN Espanyol then?

24. Goetzil10

Goetzil10 Member

Real Madrid
    Germany
    Jul 1, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you? If you do would you tell us, thanks.

25. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I asked Bein why not showing games on CH 873 from Dish lately...their answer:

Please contact your cable provider, it seems that this is on their hands. Thank you!