Why are you a Galaxy fan?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by lagalaxytrueblue, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Olympique-Lyonnais

Olympique-Lyonnais New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Copenhagen
    I has to say because of Beckham! But I dosen´t sees any wrong thing in that... Now were I am a truly Galaxy fan, I loves to see all these fantastic things about the club! Even before Beckham´s arrivel weew got the biggest attendance of the league! And nw with Beckham´s arrivel weew got sold out every match! I am also thankfull to all the big fan clubs (Galaxians, Riot Squard, ACB, etc.) They are making a fantastic atmosphere at home! But I also loves the club for all these events they are hosting, and it´s a good signal to media, when they are helping pure familys, to example have a good christmas vacation!

LAG Till I Die!:cool:

2. Tfoxsail

Tfoxsail New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I grew to love soccer whille watching the WC in '06 with my girlfriend, who is from Brazil. I resisted at first, but I became fascinated with the skills of players like Ronaldinho, and the more I understood about the game and its inherent strategies, I became addicted to it! I will admit that the majority of my exposure came from watching Clube de Regatas Flamengo, or "Mengão" (a Brasilian Series A club) matches on satellite.

I live in Las Vegas, and I have always been amazed that we don't have an MLS team here, as there are TONS of soccer fans here. One day last year, however, I was flipping through channels and found a Galaxy game on FSWest, and have been a G's fan ever since!

As for a friend getting me into the G's...I guess you could say my girlfriend planted the seed, and although she says that MLS soccer is "slow", she is warming on the Galaxy.

Family? No....very few watch or play any soccer.

Beckham? I like him, but he had nothing to do with my following of the Galaxy.

3. xdanx

xdanx Member

Aug 12, 2004
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I may not be a regular around here but I figured I would put in my .02.

When the league first started there finally was an LA team that my dad would let me cheer for, other than the Angels, so my Dad and I would make the trip from Ventura to the rose bowl to see the G's. One day I will never forget is the US-Mexico game followed by Galaxy-Mutiny.

4. riftrider

riftrider New Member

May 5, 2008
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd played soccer from the time I was four, up until 18 after I got a knee injury in the second game of the season that took me out for the remainder of the season. When I moved down here (to So Cal) in '98 I heard about the MLS and the Galaxy secifically and it gave me something to be excited about. Cobi was my boy back in the US Olympics team in '92, so when I found out he was on the Galaxy it really solidified me as a fan. Now it looks like Buddle is doing really well, who I've been thinking would really break out. It's funny, I just realized at the start of this season that one of my fav current players wears the same # as I did back when I played; #14. Here's to hoping things turn around for the remainder of the season and we clench a playoff berth, if not the Cup!

Oh, and I own the current kit and warm up jersy, both sans-number. Though I have a couple favorite players on the team (no, not Becks, though I respect what he's brought to the team/league) I'd rather show support for the team as a whole.

5. EMKennedyLucio

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 2, 2006
    Chesapeake
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The World Cup in 94 got me into soccer to begin with at age 10 which I guess is a late age for most people. By 1996 I definitely needed a team to put all the excitement I still had carried over from 94. I lived in Bakersfield, CA which is about 120 miles away from LA so the Galaxy were pretty much my home team.

6. forzagalaxy

forzagalaxy Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Austin, azTeX/SB, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    ...Because I'm an idiot.

7. beckham is overrated

Aug 20, 2008
    Any Chance You Galaxy Fans Can Stop Beckham Coming To Play For England Again? You Payed Enough For Him, Only Fair You Savce Us From Having To Suffer His Ineptness!

8. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I Kan Tipe With All Kaps In Front Of All My Words And Make Wierd Speling Mistayks Too!

9. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the sport of football, and being there is only ONE team in L A, the Galaxy; I love the Galaxy. And, I really enjoy being with my friends from the ACB and Galaxians.

10. galaxyfanz

galaxyfanz Member

Oct 6, 2006
    I'm a fan because of Cobi Jones, 100Fires, and El tanke.I'm a fan because i am SoCal and they were here first. Even though i am hispanic (of non-mexican descent) i never was pulled towards CUSA when they joined the league. I am a fan because through 2002 we were a SUPERCLUB. I am a fan because during my wifes internship for grad school she worked for the Galaxy and i had to administer dumb marketing for the team. I am a fan because they are my team and even though they suck right now, they are a SUPERCLUB in my eyes. I am fan because of LD, Beckham, Buddle, and even Cronin and Gordon. I am fan because of ACB. Long winded, sorry.

11. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A reoccuring theme in this thread is because the Galaxy is the team in Socal. And almost all of us have always been fans of the Galaxy, and personally, I can never see myself supporting another team.

12. garrett123

garrett123 New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Anahiem
    I just started watching and playing soccer this year.

Many people hate the Galaxy this drew me closer to them.
    And then of course there is Mr.Beckham, many people hate him and discredit him. He personally really inspires me to become a better footballer and a better person, striving to work harder in life and push myself.
    Now that I have been going to the games I realize this team needs real fans, people who like becks but appreciate the team and actually know who Buddle,Franklin, or Klein are. Most people buy the becks jerseys and don't care about the team, and then they get pissed when becks doesn't score 20 goals a game. pffftt!
    I am now with the galaxy, through thick and thin!

13. leftbas

leftbas New Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Galaxy fan because I love my adoptive city of Los Angeles (moved here in '98), and I fell in love with football/soccer in '06 watching the World Cup. It suddenly just clicked, and I've been a Galaxy fan (as well as Chelsea and Nacional) ever since. I can't imagine living here and following, say, New York or Houston. I came here because I love the city, and therefore I love the team (I'm also a Dodger's fan now, too).

I'm no fair-weather fan, either. I wear my jersey for every match I watch, which is just about all of them, and my jersey has no name or number on the back. Of course the club hasn't had a championship season in the last few years, yet I get excited every single March now, hoping they'll live up to their reputation and allow me to witness them earning the Cup. The club have great players and not-so-great players, but I'll be a Galaxy fan until I get so senile that I don't know what football is.

14. Indy footballer

Indy footballer New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to say anymore. I used to like this club that looked and played like a real football team, then some group of idiots bought the club and turned it into the junior prom.

BRING BACK SOME COMPETATIVE FOOTBALL YOU WANKERS!!!!!!!