Why ARE United behind Chelsea and Arsenal in the table?!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by mis-e-one, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, he's 30.

Today is his 30th birthday.

Happy Birthday to the Ginger Prince.

Paul Scholes, he scores goals.... (we hope) ;)

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Does ZANI post under this screename when he's stoned? Anyone?

3. triplelake

triplelake New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Did you watch Arsenal vs Crystal Palace? Arsenal should be sure win on paper. But if not for a miss from a Crystal Palace striker from 5 yards out with no Arsenal defenders anywhere near him, Arsenal would have lost the match. The Tottenham match is also a very close contest, Henry was offside before he scored the first half equaliser. The game would have been very different if not because of this lucky goal at the end of first half.
    I believe we are terribly unlucky in the premiership matches. This is my point of view as a Utd supporter and I'm not going to claim that this is 100% objective. But we'll see as the season unfolds when you guys have your own share of bad luck.

4. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Watch out Redmachine is in motion.

Ohhh la la Cantona Ohh la la Cantona...

5. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    haha ive been thinking about that lately...since beckham left ManU hasnt has much luck.....hmmmmm

6. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Always a possibility. However, remember that Man U only tied two games early in the season by scoring in the last minute of what some people considered too much stoppage time - 4 or 5 minutes each time. And while I assume that Arsenal will start winning again, I am also being fair, as I'm assuming Man U wont follow up the Newcastle game with another Portsmouth like performance.

7. triplelake

triplelake New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    We have a tradition of scoring goals late in the match. That doesn't mean we are lucky. That's more likely because of our fighting spirit, fitness level, good substitute decision by the manager, and mental strength of our players.

8. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Is it drugs? That was my first thought, drugs. Gotta' be drugs, right?

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mtkillamanjohno again.

what does this mean? like, I must give random rep to other ppl?
    How long does this last for?

10. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    There is no correlation. By the time Beckham left he had stopped running down the wing and was often drifting infield because he fancies himself as the CM which, he was never going to be a M.U.

You should say, since Ole has been injured United hasn't had much 'luck' :)

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I believe I heard something about "cows coming home", but I've been heavily sedated since that dark day at Old Trafford, so make of it what you will. ;)

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Er, I'm not sure I said one can, did I? I simply said that those players are getting older and haven't been replaced with people of the same quality. The reason is another matter.
    Not sure about that. I saw them quite a bit over that year and he still seemed to be doing a job for you. Arguable, though.
    Er, DID I say that? Who said anything about the season being 'a failure'... whatever that means. I simply said that I don't think you're going to win the Prem - that's all. In fact, if you read my entire post, you'll see that I implied that I believe you have a greater chance of winning the CL than Arsenal... why don't you mention that?

Anyway, we'll see I suppose.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does this mean that you think Ferguson IS his mother?
    And right back at yer!

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    No, it means I think you are an idiot. Have some more.

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thinking again, eh? Steady...
    But I've still got more green blobs than you AND I haven't been carded :) LOL

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Do you think I care about rep? The system is abused. Plus I haven't been a member for that long. The yellow card should have been removed days ago and Coach is on the case. Which is good considering he gave me it for no reason. Bastard. :D

17. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I may be a bastard, but I had a reason... ;)

And Lord knows you don't care about rep because you gave me positive rep. Were you drinking heavily and just ticked the wrong box?? :p

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    And I'm still waiting to hear it! :D

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may appear to be that simple...... to the ignorant and the intellectually lazy.

20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I think you're on to something. United have also been disappointing since letting Jesper Blomqvist go. I don't even need to tell anyone what that means.

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Well Coach thats what I would of said, I mean the blame got attached to Rio the year before - wasn't that drugs..............!!!

Ah, the soon to be right thread!!! :D

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Its the end of the world... if we win our next game we'll be 4pts behind chelsea.... nooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    • I said in July "The one hope i have from last season is that, Fergie has learnt one thing that drawing a lot of matches is a recipie to lose the title, and going into the new season with this squad I can see a lot of potential drawed matches, as things stand , we shall see we shall see."
    Nope he hasnt has he 7 points behind no new players Keane out for 3 months, Heinz out the whole season and were having to play Richardson at left back

But Fergie is the best man for the job isnt he guys
    "me a wanker " ???? no Im a realist, 2nd place guys get used to it.
    Why ??? because someone has decide were not going to spend Money this season which is fine, so we will finish 2nd in the League just what Motterman and Billy and achtung and the rest seemingly want

Oh and reply with logic guys not this " red card this wanker and he is so stupid, anyone can Ridicule I mean Mods do you want this forum to become a childish " Who can make the smartest and wise guy comments type forum
    This is getting so frustating waiting for our well deserved new players that arnt coming, Fergie the board or whoever

If the travelling fans in England now, where like me in my youth, I travelled by train from Bath in Avon to Middlesbourgh in the North east Via London and back in the same day, just to see my beloved team play for 70 minutes, Yes I had to leave early to catch the last trains home.
    I feel sorry for any supporters doing the same these days because someone has decided that second best is good enough. Sad to say.
    Bye until Fergie buys new Players, Utterly fed up!!!!!!!

24. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We added Park and VDS so don't say they are no new players.

This money for new players where do you want it to come from? The season before this one, we added Rooney and Smith and December before that we added Saha as well. Purchases have been relatively steady over the last few years and we've added several solid performers. We however don't have Chelsea money, hell we don't even have Liverpool money right now so we can't just spend willy-nilly.

Are you blaming Fergie for Heinze, Neville and Brown being injured at the same time? Cuz if ANY of them were fit Richardson would not be playing LB - there would have been a shift, however we've been hit by injury and there's little that can be done about it.

Fergusson is not in control of the finances of the team and if he were and our pockets were deep I'm sure we'd have 2 worldclass players at each position, but that's not the case... b!tching and moaning coming from you is getting annoying - you refuse to use logic or commonsense and we're down by 7pts w/ a game in hand, which means if we beat Blackburn it'll be 4pts... but we all know that its far too late to come back from such a huge gap. :rolleyes:

25. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    This looks like one of those ransom letters made up from cut-out letters like you see in a movie...