Why Are Bin Laden & Al Zawahiri Stil Breathing?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Sep 11, 2007.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    because they're smarter than the people we currently have in charge, more devoted to each other (to the death, no doubt), have a more rigid theological philosophy to rely on and believe in and persuade other 'true believers' to join them with, understand modern (post-modern?) war strategy a lot better than we do (what do they teach in our war colleges, anyway?), and basically give a shit - as in, they're willing to sacrifice everything for the cause - as opposed to our current political apes who have one foot in the "private sphere" and the book tour market, and appear hell-bent on destroying, no, not Bin Laden, but all of OUR lives...or at best, don't give a flying crap about anyone who's not also in some kind of ruthlessly powerful position or has less than $1 million in equity in the bank.

how about that, not only does Osama want to destroy all of our lives, but our own leaders want to do so as well.

o yea, he has actual war-time experience from his time in the Afghan War against the Russians, has friends all over the world - not only in low places, but in high ones as well - understands the use of modern (post-modern?) communication and technology infintiely better than our alleged leaders use it, has a vision which he's never wavered from and helps to define and shape his every action, at this point has prophecy on his side (the infidels invading Iraq fits in as if manna from Heaven with Quranic philosophy & prophecy), basically can live in a tent or a cave or a hovel, has plenty of women available if he needs them, doesn't have to appear on tv every mercilessly day revealing all our strategies day in day out for the world to hear and listen to, can generally speak full sentences as opposed to the "caveman" from Texas who barely knows a verb from a noun, and pretty much has the world at his fingertips. heck, the question isn't why Obama is still breathing - damn, he rules the roost as it were - it's why are the comics in charge of our politics still telling their stupid jokes, and why are people still laughing at them?

where does that all leave us? is the real question, and how long will WE be able to continue breathing?

ps. and there is indeed the theory that Bin Laden & Zawahiri are important straw men for the creeps currently in charge to hold up to keep up the fear mongering, the exponential and truly wild growth of the military/security/industrial complex, their private little Haliburton wars, and all the rest. as "art" put it, they're more important to our gov't alive than dead.

any and all of this adds up to a pretty bleak picture - sure, not that it all can't be overcome, but at what cost? and what price? and who's going to do it for us?

truly, at the moment we are all the bitches & asswipes of Bin Laden, whether we want to admit it or not.

all this must make our Founding Fathers and Mothers literally turn over in their graves and really, who can blame them.

2. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Agree with the first part, but the simple existance of AQ/"continued threat" will allow him to do the 2nd part of your post with OBL dead.

3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    There's an audio clip of Bush saying "i don't know where bin Laden is. Frankly i don't give him that much thought." It was from 2003 IIRC. From the man who promised, while standing on a burning pile of my countrymen, that he would get him dead or alive and the world would hear from the U.S.

Bush can only operate in a world where "bad guys" wear black hats and the U.S. wears the white ones. He's as simple and predictable as an old Western. Iran's got a BIG OL' TEXAS-SIZED black hat on at the moment. You know that means the cavalry's on its way.

4. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So because you get called out on your regurgitation of right-wing rhetoric you tell me to go f_ck myself? Nice.

5. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    No, becuase you tried to trivialize my own independent thinking. It's the kind of thing people who are against free speach do. Congratulations.

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh?

7. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I hate free speech disguised as a quote directly from a white house homeland security adviser.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/09/AR2007090901805.html

Not only did you spit out white house rhetoric and then deny it, you pulled the oldest republican trick in the book by saying I hate free speech/freedom/America.

8. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    OMFG, you are deranged. I have spent a great deal of time down in Macon, NC. I have been scouted by FBI helicopters looking for him. It is my own independent opinion that the two situations are analogous.

I'm sorry that you are so incapable of thinking for yourself to the point that everything you hear has to be put in context of administration statements. You have Bush on the brain. Free your mind.

It's posts like yours which exemplify what a failure of democracy the Left has become.

9. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it's attitudes like yours that show how well the Republican party have done in making Republicans hate their fellow Americans more than any enemy we have.

Look, it's quite simple. To some of us (you call us "liberals") finding and holding responsible the one individual that orchastrated the unprovoked attacks on US civilians is VERY IMPORTANT. We feel that this administration has NOT FOCUSED on this effort, and our feelings are warrented, considering that a vast majority of the forces sent in to find bin Laden have been shifted to Iraq, a completely unrelated effort.

If you think pointing this out makes us unAmerican, then you sir, do not care about the promises made by your leadership. That promise was to hold accountable those who attacked the United States.

For those of you not paying attention, Iraq has never attacked the United States.

10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Cha-ching! I'd rep you if I could

11. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Attitudes like mine? Attitudes like mine keep free thought alive. I don’t give a rats ass about either party and could not be less concerned with any party’s opinion. Parties exist to win, not think.

"If fans picked the plays, we wouldn't need a punt team."

No I don’t call “you” liberals. I count myself as a liberal. I count “you” as a Leftist, i.e. one who defines themselves by opposition to those who define themselves on the right. Whatever they think, you think the counter point. You are a slave to their thinking.

Yes, that’s me. Someone who doesn’t want to hold Bin Laden responsible. :rolleyes: Frankly I don’t want to hold him responsible. I want to bury him alive sewed up in a pig’s raw skin just because it would feel good. All that other stuff is icing on the cake.

Well that’s the point, isn’t it. How you feel. You fix the facts around your argument based upon how you feel.

It doesn't make you unAmerican. It makes you irresponsible. I think your unthinking desire for self-indulgence is very post-60's American.

Ah that’s what this is about. You can’t stand the idea that we might do some good in the Middle East so you wish to divert attention to the hunt for Bin laden.

That’s it, isn’t it? Most of you know how futile it is to search for Bin Laden. You know that it is almost a mission impossible unless we have a guy on the inside. That’s why you want to talk about it. Not because it’s important but because of your negative opinion about your fellow Americans, you think that by offering them unrequited revenge, you can get them on your side. Again, you’re failing democracy.

12. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But you can see how any human with half a brain could make the connection I did. Besides, you seeing Helicopters at one time or another looking for Rudolph doesn't really mean jack shit. If we're using that logic then for the record the Columbia Shuttle blew up over my house. Not to mention I have numerous friends, classmates, and professors who were on site helping with the recovery. I guess that entitles me to make bold statements about any future crash.

Seeing as how I heard the administration state this before you ever mentioned it, it says nothing about my mind. If I hear anyone regurgitate word-for-word rhetoric I heard 2-3 days earlier I'm going to call them out.

Hyperbole Police!!!

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is it true that Saddam Hussein tried to have George H. Bush killed while he was the US president, and if so, would that constitute an attack on the United States?

14. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Again, from the previous post, I would suggest you not let "what the administration said" govern your thinking.

15. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't, and its no different than any ESPN analysis I hear quoted a day later from some Monday morning QB thinking he knows everything.

16. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  17. shinyyy

shinyyy New Member

May 24, 2006
    Hamburg
    Attacking Minded, you truly are pathetic. I would normally let this go, but it irritates me to no end. I'm gonna rephrase Matt's statement so, instead of avoiding the point altogether by trying to establish some bullshit rational high ground for yourself, you can actually address the point he's making.

We think that this administration has NOT FOCUSED on this effort, and our opinions are warrented, considering that a vast majority of the forces sent in to find bin Laden have been shifted to Iraq, a completely unrelated effort.

Well?

18. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Well what?

You think that this administration has NOT FOCUSED on this effort, and you think your opinions are warrented, considering that a vast majority of the forces sent in to find bin Laden have been shifted to Iraq, a completely unrelated effort.

What's the question?

19. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no reason to bring this subject back up, me and Attacking Minded eventually got on the same page. He's not some right-wing regurgitator.

20. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Thank you and you're not some Left wing bomb thrower.

21. mmk786

mmk786 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    hmm :D

22. alain_9510

alain_9510 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Seattle
    I realize that this thread has started to drift away from the original question, but Dubya & Co. are too focused on trying Bin Laden's chauffeur for war crimes than they are on finding Bin Laden himself.

23. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Or US just need use Bin Laden as a convinent excuse to keep big military base in Afghan and other Central Asian countries to check China and Russia while Big Oil can have a good day.

If Bin Laden is dead, US may be force out of that area.

24. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Taxi Driver

"there was credible evidence that Mr Hamdan had not only been the al-Qaeda leader's personal driver in Afghanistan from 1997 to 2001, but had also served as his bodyguard and sometimes picked up and delivered weapons"
    http://www.msu.edu/user/svoboda1/taxi_driver/pictures/talk2me.jpg

In that case, the Chinese or Russians should kill him.

25. alain_9510

alain_9510 New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Seattle
    Re: Taxi Driver

That's probably true, but don't you think we should be more focused on what are supposed to be our top priorities?