whree is juan carlos arce

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, May 4, 2009.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anybody know where juan carlos arce is?...and why he hasnt been called up to the national team by platini?....every time he played he made some sort of a difference...(although he did ******** up against chile badly)..he was supposed to make the bolivia team turn around....

2. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well the short answer is that since he went to the club in Korea he hasnt done much, he returned to and is playing for Oriente, but I think the team has found other playmakers to cover the front and the middle. so in short the team has moved without him. He can still get called up but he hasnt been doing much for Oriente either, and going from abroad to a home team and not succeeding doesnt bode well for other clubs to get him or for Platini to call him up. I think there's still a chance he returns to Brazil but i think would have to be with a second division team.

3. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow thats sad..he has potential too..a lot of it...why the hell did he ever leave corinthians anyway...he was doin ok there...

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I remember he got called up to that micro cycle of players for the argentina game, but didnt end up making the squad cause he got hurt. I forget what it was, but from what i saw he still had his silky moves in the TV news clips they had of the team performing. He did this sick nutmeg on a from a cristiano ronaldo type move. He still has it, he just needs to go somewhere where his talent can be seen. I know he had connections to brasil, thats the place which brought the best out of him. He needs to go back there.

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He's quick, but doesn't have alot of speed. He's also a ball hogger, which too me isn't a bad thing considering we need more aggresive players.

I hope he goes back to Brazil or at least start tearing up the BOlivian league. I was shocked to see Castillo get the nod in front of Arce.... oh yeah, he got injured.

I hope he gets another chance at the nats.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Kidd, the Corinthians deal was over and wasnt offered a better one, I dont recall if anything at all was offered. I do know his contract was up though. i think he did well there as well, he should go back there even if it means a pay cut. He does have the skills and needs to be seen again. He lost ALOT going to Korea, not just skill wise but exposure wise as well.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^He went there for the money, at the time of the blue wings deal in korea, the offer was made public. For half a year they offered 500k to Oriente i think, so god knows how good he was earning in korea. So that meant for 1 year they were asking 1million US for the loan. At the time he had offers from teams in brasil but def. for not as good money, for a loan, like 100-200kish. Oriente or whoever owns his pass didnt bite. He isntead ended up signing last minute to that korean team.

If he would have just went to brasil he'd still be a regular to the NT maybe even being conveted to the midfield say the right side, which it seems Gatty' still is #1 at.

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    It has to be more then just where he plays though. I mean, how many players on the nats play in Bolivia? Most of them. So him playing in Bolivia isn't that big of an issue. If he's not being called up, it's either due to injury or a loss of favor.

9. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Arce is only with oriente to the end of june he isn't really signed with anyone oriente own's his pass and they couldn't get a buyer or a loan for him at the end of last year. The fact that Oriente is in last place and is playing horribly doesn't help his stock rumer has it that he might be headed for ecuador according to deporte total

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ecuador huh? I wonder which team, cause if its a team that gets libertadores time it can only be a good thing. Pachi is kicking ass over there, scoring and being a starter since he got there.

Arce can ONLY do better. Hes bigger, faster, more talented with teh ball.

IMO the NT shouldnt be arce's goal right now. At forward hes basically done. We are set with Martins and Botero up front, with Cabrera as the third string.

Arce needs to find playing time, and doing well somewhere right now and worry about his career.

11. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To me Arce always seemed better built for right midfield. He has good touch in passes and when need be he attacks and is dangeruos on counters. The fact that Gatty is still playing doesnt bode well for Arce. I know Gatty was used as a defender vs argentina but he likes to move up a lot to the midfield position. I think the right mid is still up for grabs, Flores i think played on the right and though he did ok, the biggest threat from the right was Gatty's crosses. Arce still has a chance to be there. He has to get over that injury and he needs to show better at Oriente, from what my cousin tells me, no one is impressed with him as much as before he left the team in the first place. Some say is arrogance since he played outside, so say is he's just not as motivated. He better get his act together fast though because the transfer window will open soon and Brazil is his best option.

12. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where have gustavo pinedo and ricardo pedreil been...

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

They got Married and ran away. Not.

Pedriel is on a high protein diet so that he can hang with the muscle bound players of the league he's in. He's already starting to play in some games.

Pinedo, I don't know. He was in some 2nd division team in Spain or somewhere.

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea pinedo was supposed to be a real star..wth happened

15. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pinedo was 2 skinny...so he's been working out and buffing up! he looks way better than he did before, and also he's better from that injury at the beginning of the year,

16. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    BTW...this thread should be merged with the "Whatever happen to..." thread.

17. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pinedo suffered a bad ankle injury and took him a long time to recover, last i heard he was with the second team of Almeira in spain. As far as i know he hasnt moved up and dont know if he'll still be there for next season. If I'm not mistaken he was loaned from Xerez

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ownership at DC United was asked about Arce and said the asking price was too high. I think MLS would be a great league for him but as usual our players overseas always seem to get bad advice.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hehe. I asked that question on that Q&A with payne. Yea, they must want alot for Arce, like i said before he went to Korea for 6 month fee of 500k us. MLS cant afford this.

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What's he making now?

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No idea. The highest paid player for bolivar last season was Valentierra, he earned 10k US a year, that apparently was ALOT for bolivian league standards, my guess is 4-6k a month for oriente might be what arce's earning.

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's what I was talking about our players getting bad advice. Don't you think he'd be in a better situation here in MLS playing every week with good competition for say...$250,000 and actually getting PAID? Pay checks here are solid, so's the league.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. But IMO for players of his caliber to come to MLS, they need to pay up. Not to mention the cost of living being so high here in the US. Remember with Peralta, they tried to get him to go down in salary for his 200+k and instead he decided to come back to argentina, get paid less, but still live good.

IMO Arce and his agent are after $$$ first and playing experience second. It would be nice to see him here for 200+, but it wouldnt happen. I still dont get how he can ask for so much, when we got a guy like Donnet here at DC almost for 250k who just came frmo Boca before coming to us.

24. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he doesnt belong in europe due to his size but he can fare well in mexico or some other decent south american team..if given the oppurtunity!!

25. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey guys, Arce's game has really gone down, its probably due to his confidence. He is def. not the player we all saw in copa amercia in 07, he is a ball hog and doesn't seem to want to play with heart. I know he has heart but it seems that he is going through a dry spell. I think he deserves a better team, but i don't think he will be leaving oriente. i think he has to change his attitude and maybe his play level will rise again.