"Whose Line Is It Anyway?" is back this summer!

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by spejic, Mar 16, 2013.

1. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  2. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they do a good job with this. Drew Carey was the weakest link in the American version, IMO. I always hated the end... "Whoever wins gets to ruin the end of the show with me!" Yay.

I don't actually mind Drew Carey... but he was always outclassed as an improviser and should have stayed behind the desk.

This was never more evident than when he did the foreign film dub thing with Sid Caesar, who was amazing.

He was rightly self-deprecating in this, but I would have liked to see another of the stars in that seat instead of him... though they were good translating... but god... he couldn't even do a French accent.

sitruc repped this.
  4. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait! Brad Sherwood was my favorite haha

5. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The first two episodes were on tonight. They were absolutely brilliant. It's as funny as it every was, and the new games keep it fresh. I'm as happy as.. um.. give me a moment.. oh, I'm no good at this.

It looks like each episode has a guest star (as was infrequently done in the first incarnation of the show) and they don't do as much audience interaction. Kevin McHale (Artie from Glee) was good - it helps if they have comic and singing ability. The new host is fine, but (or maybe "and") she doesn't impose herself much on the show. She's there mostly to announce the 36 commercial breaks per episode.