Whose AC Milan bringing to Chicago?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by fscat, Jul 5, 2005.

1. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I live in Chicago and am looking forward to AC Milan coming here later this month to play the Fire. I've read that they are bringing their top squad, is there any news out there to confirm this? Or does anyone know the roster they are bring out the the States?

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan have brought their full squad to the US in the last 2 years. The only players that might not make the trip are Dida and Kaka(who will be rested after the Confed Cup). Jankulovski also won't make the trip because of injury. The rest of the team will be there.

3. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Is there any confirmation on Dida and Kaka? It makes sense that they wouldn't play, but is it official?

4. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    I did read somewhere that Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, and Maldini will all be there. The article was stating that Shevchenko married an American girl, Maldini has always loved the USA and would love to move there after his career is over, and I remember Pirlo and Gattuso being mentioned that they have confirmed going over for the tour. I am sure you will have a full team minus one or two stars.

Maybe Christian Vieri will make the trip and start upfront with Shevchenko?

My prediction:

Milan 3
    Fire 1

5. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have a hard time believing the Fire will actually beat them, even on their home field. I'm hoping for a tie, just to give some respectability to American club soccer. I think the only way a tie happens is if AC Milan doesn't take the Fire seriously, and the Fire, out to prove themselves, plays a great game. I imagine Vieri will play, just as a oppurtunity to get acquainted with his new team.

6. robby241

robby241 New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    US
    my bet is that milan will be up at half and and pull a few of their marquee players.

7. midnightman

midnightman Member

Sep 15, 2004
    7/21/2005
    MILANELLO - Below is the list of nineteen players who will leave for America tomorrow:
    GOALKEEPERS: Fiori, Eleftheropoulos, Favaretto.
    DEFENDERS: Costacurta, Cafu, Kaladze, Marzoratti, Nesta, Simic, Stam.
    MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Vogel, Serginho.
    STRIKERS: Ardemagni, Vieri.
    Paolo Maldini and Alberto Gilardino will join the squad on July 25.