Who's watched a tape of the 11/9 SJ-LA match again already?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by FlashMan, Nov 11, 2003.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's watched a tape of the match again already?

Well, have you?

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No tape here, where I'm at, since the game wasn't on TV.

So all I have to relyupon is Yahoo Platinum.

However, I'm having trouble, still, getting it to work. :mad:

3. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    That was the ONLY game of the playoffs that I didn't tape. I figured, what am I doing? I'm not going to watch these. Never ask Blong for advice. My instincts are a joke.

4. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    So, you should have voted "Haven't seen it." :D (I understand, you just forgot to check it. Must be all the All Blacks-Wallabies anticipation scrambling yer brains.)

Anyway, had to abuse mod privileges on this poll, in hopes that Quakes office is reading this and decides to release an English tape of this "Game of their lives".

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, checked the second option. Will watch it as soon as I can get my Yahoo Premium fixed. Right now, nothing is in sync.

Some troubleshooting from the masses here may be required.

Believe me, Quakes v Wizards is ranking higher to me on the anticipation scale right now than the Wallabies against the Sheep Shaggers-- er, All Blacks.

And nicely done, at that. :D

They had better be at work on it now, in order to get the videotape/DVD out by Christmas.

6. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy heck! As of now it says 14,004 people were at the game and didn't tape it. Who the heck stuffed the ballot box?

Anyway, where's the option for came home Sunday and watched the tape? That's what I did. It wasn't minute by minute. But it was pretty darned close enough.

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries Mr. Meanie, and well done. :)

btw, the game is almost as good the 2nd time around, as the first. It's incredible how fast, and with how much heart and determination, the Quakes play. Also, I've read a few places where they say the game was "sloppy", but I think the Quakex exhibit an amazing amount of skill throughout the game.

And to score 5 goals against a defense that never gave up more tha 2 in any one game, I think you'd have to.

8. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Who's watched a tape of the match again already?

I checked "at the game and didn't tape it"....

I really hope the Quakes office sees this cuz I bet there are a bunch of ppl willing to pay good money for a copy of the tape of the game....

nice job BlueMeanie!

9. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Simple mathematics, my love. If 14,145 were in the stadium, not counting players and staff, and so many are begging for tapes because they didn't tape it, it's obvious that only about 100 or so people bothered to tape it, leaving more than 14,000 who were at the game needing tapes. Count me in.

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I mentioned the desire to have a nice tape of this game on Sunday night in the post game thread.

I did tape the game. But the feed was crap! So even though I taped the game and will keep my copy forever, I would still pay for an "official" copy. :D

11. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    add highlight commentary from FY and lando and you've sold a few tousand more! :D

12. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lando's great and all. But he wasn't the only one on the field, or at the game for that matter. I'd like commentary from him, but I'd like more than just Lando and Franky. Every guy worked hard that night. Even the ones who weren't on the field.

13. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Was this match also on 910 KNEW? If so, they could try to synch JohnJohn's audio up with the video.

If not, I'd love to have FSW overdub it with those a-holes Max Bretos and Allen Hopkins. Not that I like them, but it would be nice to hear LA homer announcers suffer. I wonder if Bretos will still be going, "YESSSSSSSSssssssssss!!!" when Roner and then Faria score.

The poll originator also left off the option, "I was at the game but taped the Simpsons. Woo-hoo!"

14. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, the key option I left off which I've read in a few places is this:

"I'm a moron. I was watching the game live and after the 2nd Galaxy goal I gave up and went to bed. I woke up to discover I missed the greatest MLS game of all time and that if someone led me to water in a desert, I would only think of using a fork and knife, and would subsequently die of thirst." :D

15. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you say that, sjqf? This is the best response BM, I mean, we have ever had to a poll. Looks as if almost everyone who was at the game has responded. :cool:

16. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Was at the game so no tape. Also I don't have VCR anymore just a DVD player. So as soon as someone gets a bootleg, or legal copy of this on DVD, let know, your price paid, I don't care how much, its worth it.