Who's the ref?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by tmaker, Apr 11, 2004.

1. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    I was up at the Sounders-Whitecaps game in Bellingham (!) tonight, watching David Simon referee, so I missed all the MLS games. But it brought a question up: How do I find out who is refereeing each MLS or A-League game ahead of time? Is there a schedule, and if there is, how far in advance is it?

Does anyone know?

2. BentwoodBlue

BentwoodBlue New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Dela-where?
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.ussoccer-data.com/schdmenu.htm
    This will only show you who referees from the past and for the day of the match.
    From what I found, you cannot find out in advance unless you are in the pool.

3. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    Thanks. I kind of suspected that. Would be useful still, though.

4. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL

MLS Referees are listed in the preview report of each game....including a bunch of statistics for the CR. You should be able to find out this information sometime during the week preceeding the game. In the A-League, this information is not posted.

5. nylaw5

nylaw5 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    West Coast
    How was the A-League game? I have read that Seattle v. Vancouver is quite a rivalry. Referees?

6. BentwoodBlue

BentwoodBlue New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Dela-where?
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seattle v. Vancouver is quite good. I remember driving from Portland to catch the match.
    I also enjoied the Portland v. Seattle matches as well. Had the pleasure of meeting some really nice referees after.