Who's the new face of LaLiga after Messi leaving Barca?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Varnagel, Aug 8, 2021.

?

Who's the new face of LaLiga?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2022.
  1. Benzema

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Oblak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Luis Suarez

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Griezmann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hazard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (please specify in the thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    For over 10+ years, Messi was the face of LaLiga (together with CR7 tbf).

With Messi out of the league, who is the new face of LaLiga currently do you think?

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Currently there is no one of such stature to be the face of La Liga. With that being said, the league lost out as well, Messi was their biggest super star and public attraction for more than a decade.
    I don’t know exactly how to quantify the impact that he’s had on the league in that sense but I think it’s safe to say that it’s historically the greatest and so, their greatest loss. Especially when Ronaldo was there as well. With that being said, this day was fast-approaching regardless due to Messi’s age.

What could “save” La Liga in that regard is if the next biggest rivalry moves to said league. By that I obviously mean the heirs presumptive to arguably the biggest rivalry in history; Mbappe and Haaland. Great rivalries sell tickets and is very marketable.

As much as it pains me to say, if I HAD to pick a new face objectively, as things stand, it would have to be either Benzema or Suarez until Mbappe and Haaland come over to La Liga.