Who's the Better team Saudi Arabia or SK?

Discussion in 'Asian Cup 2007' started by kimchipride, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
    i think south korea is better than saudi arabia.

if you disagree. you're probably short-sighted or saudi arabian.
    and yes. i'm biased. not even going to deny it. but who isn't?
    p.s. don't answer the last question. you could very well look like the stupidest person on earth.

2. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok now calm down buddy. just cause you think it doesn't mean every one should too.

3. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
    oh i'm calm. i just like to disagree to agree.

4. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Korea.

The best pick in Asia right now is Australia and Korea.

Iran has been in bad form with a crappy WC outing.

SA hasn't been a top Asian contender in a while.

Japan is sucking pretty bad right now but everyone goes through bad form and they're still in a different class from SA in my opinion in spite of the recent loss.

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Go post on a neutral thread? EVERYONE thinks Saudi Arabia is weak on paper, but when you face Saudi Arabia you can't beat them. Your European players could not beat our B team at home, just shows how weak you are to Saudi Arabia. So what SK played 2 good WC, one at home. Saudi Arabia was able to play a better WC in 94 in neutral land, but played miserable in 3. Did we forget how Korea couldn't win a game before 2002? In the Asian Cup, Saudi won 1 more, and Korea won the last time in the 60s, they couldn't even reach the finals since 88, when Saudi Arabia won against them in penalties. Saudi Arabia reached the Asian Cup finals 5 times in a row, they beat South Korea in the 2000 semis, we topped them in the WCQs twice before, and we beat them 5-4 and qualified to the Olympics 1986. Head to head, they are better by one goal, overall when you look at both teams its obvious Saudi Arabia is better, but when your simply a dumbass who is too lazy to read about Saudi Arabia, and just say SK is better because of European based players, till then, Saudi Arabia will keep on beating SK in the Asian Cups, Olympic Qualifications, and WCQs, no matter where Korean players play, we are the better. Simple.

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Please answer this question! If SK is better by alot than Saudi Arabia, why couldn't they beat them in the last 3 games? Even there A team couldn't beat our B team at home? Answer this if your a man. :rolleyes:

7. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    If I'm not wrong, these 2 teams last faced each other in WCQs. I think the Saudi's won both games, so as for now I say KSA is better until SK can prove that they can do something against KSA.

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    the last three games between southkorea and saudiarabia

Saudi arabia...........................Ko rea

3...............match played..........3

3................won............... ......0

5..................goals............ ......1

9. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol...all this prove and #. i still think Korea > Saudi.

10. Chosun HwoRang

Chosun HwoRang New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    NYC
    I think everybody deep down inside knows that Korea is the top team in Asia.
    Theres too much clashing going on between us and the other posters and thats why they choose not to admit it.

The fellow Asians might not want to admit it, but at least the world knows it.

11. Chosun HwoRang

Chosun HwoRang New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    NYC
    btw, I think Saudi's form is superb as of recently.

Everyone would admit after the WC 06 qualifiers, Saudi was pure crap. The Saudi's know what I'm talking about.

Even in the WC, Saudi was crap. But ever since then, Saudi has been very impressive so I would definitely put them in the top 3 of Asia as of right now.

All I know is, everytime Japan, Iran, or even Saudi plays Korea, we normally dominate the match. We always have a better game but we fail to put the goals into the net. I'm sure our rivals are aware of this and they know it's never an easy game when they face Korea.

12. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
    Here is the answer to your question, because I am "a man." Also, might I add that your pronoun usage is horrible, and your spelling of 'their' and 'you're' is incorrect, so don't you roll your eyes at me.

Q:If SK is better by alot than Saudi Arabia, why couldn't they beat them in the last 3 games?

A: SK didn't beat Saudi Arabia in the last 3 games because SK didn't score more goals than they conceded within a 90 minute period in the last three games that they played Saudi Arabia.

Yet, my answer to the thread remains the same. South Korea has a better team than Saudi Arabia.

13. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    We don't need to prove shyt against KSA. What's the use of being able to "prove" against Asian teams unless it's Japan or Austrailia?

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    The Korean capacity for hubris in this forum knows no bounds. :D

15. the hughes lad

the hughes lad New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Portsmouth, NH
    Who's gonna win on Satuday......... Man Utd or Spurs ??????? Man Utd all the way !!!

16. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    What the..

17. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Lol don't be such a hypocrite. If you actually read some of Laith's posts or Saudi64's posts in the thread, it's completely the other way around.

18. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Pronoun usage? We are in a soccer forum you know, not grammer, why should I care how I use my pronouns and stuff, if you do then whatever, but don't go telling others to improve their pronoun usage. Why didn't SK score more goals than it conceded in that 90 minutes? Because the opponent was better! And still, Koreans keep going around circles and for no reason declare SK is better than Saudi Arabia. Koreans give opinions without saying why, we give solid facts, proofs, and results. Its obvious who's better.

19. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Other way around? Explain how, didn't we give results and facts that we are better than SK, beat them in the last three games, what do you want more than that? But as usual, you go on and bring the WC. You know, we lost to Ukraine 4-0, not SK, we lost 1-0 to Spain, not SK, we lost to Germany 8-0, not SK. But we did win against SK 2-1, 2-0, and 1-0. ;) See the difference?

20. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ohhh... suddenly Saudi Arabia is the Maldives?! So only Japan and Australia? Why? Didn't Japan have the same WC record in 2006 like Saudi Arabia? Didn't Saudi Arabia lately beat Japan? Or the teams you can beat are suddenly the ones that count? Teams that can beat and tie you at home are not counted!

21. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Ok.

Saudi64, I'll try to explain it since it seems you haven't picked it up yet. Who would you say is better? Iraq or Saudi Arabia?

Saudi Arabia (KSA) Iraq (IRQ)
    14 Played 14
    5 Won 6
    3 Drawn 3
    6 Lost 5
    16 Goals 22

Head-to-head, Saudi has lost to Iraq 6 times, winning only 5 times. In the last two years, Iraq beat Saudi Arabia 5:1, 2:0, and drew 2:2. In head-to-head, it seems Iraq is better than Saudi Arabia, right? Does that necessarily mean that Iraq is one of the top footballing nations of the AFC just because they beat Saudi Arabia who is in the Top 5? IMO, no. Maybe Iraq is better against Saudi Arabia, but they can't really do much elsewhere. It seems it's only against Saudi Arabia and not the other Top 5 teams that proved themselves in Asia (Australia, Iran, Japan, and Korea). Despite these bad results, I would still consider Saudi Arabia the better team. They might not be that good against one particular nation, but they have proven themselves in other competitions and have qualified to the World Cup many times. Whereas Iraq has not.

So would you say Iraq is better than Saudi Arabia? If you do believe Iraq is better than Saudi Arabia, then I'll acknowledge that Saudi Arabia is better than Korea head-to-head. However, if you believe Saudi Arabia is better than Iraq, despite previous results, then you should acknowledge that Korea is better than Saudi Arabia.

For this is a very similar situation. Korea has gotten better recognition from the world, whereas Saudi Arabia has not. As I mentioned before, if Iraq was to beat Saudi Arabia, that doesn't mean that Iraq would suddenly be placed above Saudi Arabia and induct itself into the Top 5. If Korea loses to Saudi Arabia, that doesn't mean Saudi Arabia should be ranked higher than Korea.

Saudi Arabia (KSA) Korea Republic (KOR)
    9 Played 9
    3 Won 3
    3 Drawn 3
    3 Lost 3
    7 Goals 8

Also, it seems that you only care about this little Asian pond when there is a this world-wide ocean out there.

Have I made myself cleared, or do you want to ignore me and keep saying the same thing over and over again?

22. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You know what? Korea WILL face Saudi Arabia in the Asian Cup and Korea WILL win and make the Saudi fans sad. Period.

23. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

a bit too confident huh? From what i've seen Iran, Korea and japan all have bad result against Saudi for some reason

24. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    wat u talkin bout Sx2? We have a superior head-to-head against saudi plus the last 2 time we played we beat em 2-0 and tied 2-2 in saudi, meaning we r better if we use the same mentality saudi64 and sahbekham are using...

25. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    28-Sep-2001 JEDDAH (Saudi Arabia) Saudi Arabia vs. Iran 2:2 (1:1) FIFA WC 2002 Prel. Comp. AFC

24-Aug-2001 TEHRAN (Iran) Iran vs. Saudi Arabia 2:0 (0:0) FIFA WC 2002 Prel. Comp. AFC

24-Oct-1997 TAIF (Saudi Arabia) Saudi Arabia vs. Iran 1:0 (0:0) FIFA WC 1998 Prel. Comp. AFC

19-Sep-1997 TEHRAN (Iran) Iran vs. Saudi Arabia 1:1 (0:1) FIFA WC 1998 Prel. Comp. AFC

18-Dec-1996 ABU DHABI (United Arab Emirates) Saudi Arabia vs. Iran 0:0 a.e.t (0:0) 4:3 PSO Asian Nations Cup 1996

11-Dec-1996 DUBAI (United Arab Emirates) Saudi Arabia vs. Iran 0:3 (0:2) Asian Nations Cup 1996

28-Oct-1993 DOHA (Qatar) Saudi Arabia vs. Iran 4:3 (2:1) FIFA WC 1994 Prel. Comp. AFC

yeah iran does have the better results.