Who's the Better team Saudi Arabia or SK?

Discussion in 'Asian Cup 2007' started by kimchipride, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    Saudi was trashed by Ukraine 4-0 not Spain.
    Saudi lost to Spain 1-0.
    Saudi Arabia did better this WC than last WC.

Overall, I guess Korea is slightly better than Saudi Arabia.

2. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Heh can't blame them Dubai IS one of the richest cities in the world, they even have an indoor ski slopes:eek: Where else can they get snow.

3. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

Ittihad tried to loan Eto'o.Eto'o also wanted,but Barcelona didn't accept a deal (of course,hehe).

But they signed Jared Borghetti now.

And Kallon returned to Monaco.But he's fantastic...many guys here in Brasil were afraid of him at SP x Ittihad game after some beautiful plays.

And Jeddah won the league 5 years in a row,lol.

I think the Saudi League isn't strong overall,but they have the most powerful clubs in Asia (Al Hilal,Al Shabab and Al Ittihad specially).About both NT's,a curious point here is about PHYSICAL CONDITION.SK players have more speed,strength and stamina than Saudi players.But guys like Mohammed Noor,Yasser Al Qahtani and Mabrouk Zayed would be starters in South Korea NT IMO.

4. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Do you mean Saudi League?
    Al-Shabab won the Saudi League in the last 3 years, TWICE. (2003/04 & 2005/06)
    thanks to Nashat Akram ;)

and Al-Hilal won it once. (2004/05)

so when Al-Ittihad won the Saudi League 5 years in a row? :rolleyes:

5. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi and Korean league are not on par....Ittihad isnt the top team in KSA, and still it massacred korean clubs going on 2 years now. (yet it hasnt won a league title since 2002-2003 domestically)

As far as National teams...our last three meetings, we defeated (and outplayed) you. Korea is definitely no Japan when it comes to rousing fear in us

6. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. If there's anything you know why your league has more "Quality" in terms of players who are not "Saudi Arabian". It's indeed sad just buying players for 1 week or 1 game just for the ACL if that's what you're benchmarking to. To give you a hint, Korean Clubs don't give a sh!t about ACL. Besides you wouldn't know anything about the quality of the K-Leauge and I accept that, but just judging by the ACL as benchmarking just confirms you don't know much. I'll give you an example, just weeks ago, a K-League team called Ulsan thrashed the Japanese J-League title holders Gamba 6-0 at their turf and also thrashed C-League's champions Dalian 4-0 and got the trophy of some meaningless tourney. Ulsan is by no means the best the K-League's got to offer if I talk corresponding to your tone. Does that mean that the entire K-League is head and shoulders above these respective leagues?

And regarding your analogy of Japan aggravating the Saudis to piss in their pants has nothing to do with this conversation. Outplayed? Yes, indeed you outplayed us by having 35% possession of that game.

P.S: FYI Korea doesn't give enough to give a sh!t about competing with Asian teams.

7. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I was 3 times in a row...

They also won in 1997 and 2003 (almost 5 times in a row,lol).

8. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Uhuh, live in your own Saudi world, talk about being delusional.

9. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Give him some slack man.

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Koreans are a better team. On paper

Gk-> The Korean #3 is better than Mabrouk Zaid. Easily Korea
    DF-> Aside from Al-Montashiri, I think most of the defenders are shite. LYP is a good defender, and Choi is not bad either. Korea has the edge
    MF- Park Ji-Sung is a better playmaker than Sulimani and Lee Chun Soo has better technique than Mohammed Noor. Depth wise Korea is better too.
    ST-> If healthy LDG and AJH are better strikers at the moment than Al-Kahtani. But Al-Kahtani is young, but I rate him as even worse than Park Chu Young. Not too mention the Seol man.

On PAPER, Korea should be the better team. But the results don't overwhelmingly favor the Koreans in the past. Victories are not won on paper.

I will say though that Saudi Arabia has a pretty good league.

11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    well... I love to see, Park, Lee and Kim playing :D

Don't even Ask :D

12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We have better records in Asia, they have better records in the WC. I think the league are both close despite the funny results. And Saudi NT has been a bit better lately head to head, but I think they are both pretty much equal.

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    But on paper, would you actually say Saudi Arabia has more talented players than South Korea? Thats all I want to know (I know this is slightly stupid because things are not won on paper, but still).

14. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    er... I could assume who Park and Lee is but... There's like a lot of korean players that have a last name as Kim...

15. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    김치, I believe it was a joke about the large Korean population with the names Kim, Lee, and Park.

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Saudiarabia is made up of a team that many in asia could not name more than 2 saudi players. They have no superstars now. None of them go to europe. But still they can compete with teams like japan. Except for asian cup 2004 (which was a disaster), they have been one of the best teams since the last two decades.

And for the question who is better, southkorea definitely, with their european players, seems better as they did also when they played with saudiarabia in worldcup qualifiers 2006.

And everyone saw what happened.

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Göteborg Sweden
    You can't honestly compare Saudi and Korea...

Now if it was China vs Saudi then I'd be happy to throw my 2.3 cents in. :p

18. Spherical

Spherical New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    I'll throw some outsider's yen in :)

World Cup-wise, South Korea has a better record.
    The same is true in global friendly matches.
    And of course, SK has more players in European leagues.

Their head-to-head is almost equal.
    Their respective domestic leagues are hard to compare.
    In Asian tournaments, Saudi has a better track record.

So, I would say South Korea has the edge in national team-wise competition.
    But then, all of the above has already been stated in this thread, eh? ;)

19. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    It probably was but then it didn't sound like a joke.

20. broomtree

broomtree New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Even China has players in Europe right now...

21. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Depends on.

Saudi really good players : Mabrouk Zayed,Mohammed Noor,Yasser Al Qahtani,Hamad Al Montasheri

I think these 4 players are better than their correlative SK players.So SK have 7 players above Saudi Arabia.Qahtani sometimes makes fantastic games,but sometimes disappear.Mabrouk Zayed too (after a horrible 4x0 against Ukraine he was absolutely fantastic against Spain).Mohammed Noor knows to play as a Defensive or Offensive Midplayer,has good long shots,knows to pass well,etc.Montasheri is a good DF,but needs to be more "mature"...

As I said,the problem is about physical conditions.Here in Brazil we have the same problem :

Ronaldinho at Grêmio,Brazil - http://external.cache.el-mundo.net/.../2005/11/balon_de_oro/img/partido_gremio_.jpg

Ronaldinho,Barcelona - http://www.barcelona.com/var/plain/..._barcelona_football_tickets_14_imagelarge.jpg

Robinho,Santos - http://www.esportes.aol.com.br/repositorio_imagens/esportes/futebol/1005_robinho_180_ae.jpg

Adriano,Flamengo - http://adrianoribeiro.altervista.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/thumb_flamengo_01.jpg (Sorry for the tiny pic but you can easily compare with...)

Adriano,Inter Milano - http://penalidade.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/79830.jpg (this :D)

Now I think...if Yasser,Noor,Montashari and other Saudi players could improve their physical power and condition...

22. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well if you correlate this to where they are on the field:

SK top lineup (subject to change of course and probable ridicule by others)

------------Ahn JH or Lee DG-----------

Lee CS-------------------------Seol KH

--------------Park JS------------------

--------Lee Ho---------Kim NI---------

Lee YP---Song JG----Kim DJ-----Cha DR

---------------Lee WJ----------------

Can you say any of the Saudi players man for man can beat them? I can't. I think we will agree to disagree then.

23. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Ahn JH was dropped from the roster for the Iran game. We need Kim JK in the defensive line.

24. prostock

prostock Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Owned.

25. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

Seeing Mabrouk Zayed performances,when he's playing well(like against Spain or against SK at WCQ in Korea),I would prefer him instead of Lee Woon-Jae(actually).

About Ahn or Qahtani,same thing.Yasser display against Valencia or against India was superb.Ahn knows to score,but I think Qahtani has more tricks...against UAE two days ago he made two fantastic moves floping the ball over two DF.Or something like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8qBX_LZMY

About Noor and any SK Midfielded,it will depend on about team formation.Noor would fit well in a 4-5-1 formation as a CMF helping defence and advancing to score.The problem here is what I said,physical.Noor would become a tank like Patrick Vieira,but...

And Montasheri...he's young,but with time and experience (since Asian DF usually makes horrible mistakes,specially arabs) he'll improve and could be a very nice DF.But he's like Noor,needs a strong body...