Who's the best #10?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Chivo, Jul 28, 2005.

1. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the way I compare players is the same way as basketball. If you take him away from the lineup, how much would it effect the team.

America minus Blanco would still be a top team in the Mexican league. They may lose his good crativity when he stands in the middle of the field just holding the ball waiting for guys to motion. He can give great passes here and there. BUT overall, America would not suffer and go down the table in Standings.

Galaxy minus Donovan would be go from roughly bering playoff team to becoming Chivas USA #2. I don't think Galaxy has won a game without LD and he has missed alot.

In the end they both play for different leagues and one is past his prime while the other is yet to reach it. I guess I will give the edge to Donovan cause in his only WC apperence he has accomplished WAY more than El Senor Blanco ever will.

2. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A

thats just fvckn retarded.

your right about taking cuah from america and still beaing a top team in mexico thats becasue they have WAY better players then galaxy does.. galaxy is like a 2nd division team in mexico.

donovan accomplishing more then " EL Senor Blanco " hahaha i nearly spit my drink out... that smells like BULLS_IT.

3. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    calm down there BUUUUUUDDY. No need to get all choked up.

4. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    lmao. im not getting choked up... your just making cuah sound like an amature.

5. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes been a key player but Mexico/America missing Blanco would not be a huge blow like US/Galaxy losing Landon.

6. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    America plays like shyt without Cuauhtemoc.

7. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Re: Who's the better 10?

I am actually surprised that Cuau has as many votes. All the US fans are going to vote for Donovan along with everyone who hates America (a lot of people). But Cuau is clearly the better player.

Right now, at the age of 32, he is playing the best futbol he has played since he came back from his injury in 2001. The guy single handedly made Veracruz the best team in the Clausura 04' (they are ******** without him now). He is the reigning champion with America (and was a BIG reason why he won the championship). So far, in 3 games this season, he has assisted or scored 4 of America's 5 goals.

8. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    Re: Who's the better 10?

well said solid.

mexico missing blanco would not be a big blow ??

look what happend to our last 2 cups lost becasue that fa_gg0t Lavolpe didnt call cuah, cuah could of deffinetly been the differance in the Pk against Agentina.

9. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a weird question inasmuch as not many people think of Donavan as a classic #10. Cuah, on the other hand, is very much a #10.

For the sake of this thread I vote Cuah - it's not even close based on the question asked.

And for those who say Cuah is past his prime? I would want those people to qualify themselves by listing how many matches they saw Cuah play in the last 2 seasons. For those who've been watching him he's on another level right now (America's only lost 1 match in their last 35) and the Aguilas are very formidable club now.

America's engine in the midfield is Blanco. They aren't the same club w/o him, IMHO.

Landon's skills are formidable but, I wish he had more playmaking skills. At his young age it's possible but, for now I think of him as hell on wheels to any backline from an attacking midfield position.

A better thread would be who's the most un-classical #10 in futbol?

Michael Owen gets my vote immediately.

10. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Landon, looking like he'll be bald at 30...the new age thomas dooley

Poor Blanco.....looks like Oscar the Grouch

11. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon isnt even a number 10 at all...he's more of a striker with some decent set up skills.

Reyna is more of the #10 for the USA.

as for Blanco, eh, who cares. He's a good enough player, but personally i think he's got issues without a player like Borgetti to play off of.

12. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

Do you understand futbol at all? It works the other way around..............

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    He surely does not need Borgetti on America to kick ass

14. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my bad, i got borgetti and blanco screwed up...i keep thinking blanco is the striker.

if blanco is who im thinking of now then hes the better 10....

15. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    Blanco dosnt need borgetti on america.. he does just fine... on the other hand borgetti needs cuah in El Tri so he can get some balls..

no one in mexico puts better passes then cuah..

16. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    this is cuah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    And its Cuauhtemoc not Cuahtemoc

18. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is dumb because all the Americans will say Donovan and all the Mexicans will say Blanco. That being said I go with Donovan because Im American and I hate Blanco :p .

19. badgoalie85

badgoalie85 New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Fairfax, VA USA
    blanco is WAY past his prime...but fortunately for mexico he decided to extend his playing career with the help of mr. steroid

20. badgoalie85

badgoalie85 New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Fairfax, VA USA
    what makes you think he isn't? he came off an injury at 32 and isn't completely sucking, and the rest of the mexicanos are juicing, so i'm sure he is too

21. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is one of the most stupid posts I've seen.

22. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That doesn't mean he's taking steroids dumbass.

23. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    and the lamest post has appeared...i'd like the "mexico goes for cuau, the US goes for Donovan" answer better than your lame post..

24. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    will this be your excuse when mexico wins in columbus?

25. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    1-This is not World Rivalries
    2-Rey Azteca and Badgoalie please dont take it that personal and do not call each other like that please
    3-PLEASE dont make this thread in anothe stupid US-MEX fight, please