Who's out there?

Discussion in 'Virginia Cavalry' started by penske, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, is anyone here waiting for the Cavalry to arrive in Northern Virginia, we were just discussing their prospects for the 2014 Spring Season.

2. davidrpaige

davidrpaige Member

May 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess nobody is here. For a new team, the Calvary is not generating any particular buzz. I'm in Fairfax and I've seen nothing in terms of local promotion of the team. I have serious doubts on the future of this team.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats interesting is that the club themselves asked us to create this forum. I am not sure why there is no traffic, unless...

4. Virginia Cavalry FC Media

Feb 9, 2013
    ceezmad repped this.
  5. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, Virginia Cavalry Media FC, (if that's your real name) as this thread implicitly asks - where are the fans? It's great that Virginia Cavalry FC sponsored a 20 year old event. I think it's great the club posted info here to show how the club is getting in front of potential fans. So far no fans of the team have posted in this thread. Just a moderator, a local who has doubts, and the club have posted. VCFC has 7 months before they are set to begin play. I know Facebook shows 1,271 likes. But where are your fans/supporters? And while you're here - How many people have signed up for tickets? I don't think the cub is taking deposits for season tickets yet - why not?

Thanks for any reply in advance & good luck launching the club. I hope it's very successful!
    Signed, Random Internet guy in Ohio

6. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The crickets are clearly fans of the Virginia Cavalry. Let's respond to the Bugle call and ride on you Iron Horses!

Daniel the Bricker repped this.
  7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question in the other thread, which is apt, is when does the coach get announced? Surely the building the roster process needs to start very soon.

8. shepchews

shepchews Member

Apr 28, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When does player signing get going?

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of questions for this club unfortunately.

10. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see a couple of snarky posts were removed from this thread - including one from me...I think it's a legitimate thread response to opine that this ownership group has no idea what they are doing when it comes to reaching fans and building a team. If I should put it in another thread I will and at the same time offer my apologies for running afoul of the rules.

11. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with all the uncertainty around Atlanta, I'm starting to wonder if this team will end up being the relocated Silverbacks next year. The fact that the Silverbacks haven't started selling season tickets for 2014 and we haven't heard a word about this team leads me to believe that might be possible. The only problem is the fanbase hasn't been engaged at all yet.

12. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blame DC United

13. davidrpaige

davidrpaige Member

May 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How on Earth is this DC United's fault? If you are saying this is some great and grand MLS/DC United conspiracy, then that is the dumbest sack of crap I've heard on Big Soccer...in the last 5 minutes. DC United can't even get their own buisness in order, as evident this past season, let alone conspire/sabotage another team. VA Calvary's troubles/issues lie squarely at their own doorstep and nowhere else.

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? LOL

Apparently you are new to minor league sports. This is almost normal. It's only recently that some lower division teams actually had a plan and time to execute it.

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I blame DCU for every single problem in the world.

F*%# DC United!

16. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was half joking, but please see my post in the Virginia Cavalry FC thread

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://gathr.us/screening/7865

Soccerwire.com is hosting a private screening of Next Goal Wins (featuring former D.C. United coach Thomas Rongen) at Tyson's Corner on May 29 at 7:30pm. We still need to sell 21 tickets to "tip" this screening so the theater will host us.