Who's going?

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by jlscrub, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

What kind of place is Puerto Ordaz do you have a link of what it looks like and the stadium thank you so much

2. Su-35

Su-35 New Member

Jul 10, 2006
  3. Su-35

Su-35 New Member

Jul 10, 2006
  4. Riker

Riker Member

Jan 26, 2005
    US
    I might actually go. Have been there twice now. Went to Puerto Ordaz, Puerto LaCruz, Margarita and Merida. The trip is very enjoyable, hopefully I will make to Brazil - Ecuador in Puerto LaCruz and after I will try to enjoy the beaches in Margarita

BTW: Any ofyou know good playas in the continent. Last time I went to a small town called Puerto Pirito but I did not like the playa that much. Any sugerencia?

5. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    If you are around Pto La Cruz Head to Cumana´s beaches like El Colorado. If you are in Pto Odaz... well I don´t like Pto Ordaz or San Felix.

To everybody if you ike to party pick up semanal Urbe for the 411 on the best Rumbas around the country for that week.

[​IMG]

6. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So which BS posters are in so far for Copa America....?
    jlscrub and Arango...that's it??

I've purchased my plane tix - but now need to figure out the best thing to do... Many top games are played in the 1st match – Mex v Brazil / Uru v Peru/ USA v Argentina..
    I’m now not arriving until 6/29… Spending 3 days in Maracaibo seems to be too much – a waste of time? So maybe instead, considering flights
    within the country are decently priced--thank God for cheap oil ;),

maybe it makes sense to go see Ven v Peru on 6/30 in San Cristobal in what will be a crucial match for either team. The stadium will be pumped, plus it’s gotta be a MAJOR party scene that night, no matter where you go! Plenty of time to get back to Maracaibo by 7/2 for the Arg v Colombia clasico … any thoughts?!

7. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Isnt Peru vs Venezuela in Merida? Well I was thinking of staying in El Vigia, Merida or El Ejido que esta a un mas cerca. because Merida is one of the toughest places in venezuela to find a room to stay in (anytime of the year).

8. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    >> Grupo A[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]FECHA[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CIUDAD[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]HORA (GMT)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PARTIDO[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]26-jun-07Mérida18.00 (22.00)Uruguayvs.Perú26-jun-07San Cristóbal20.45 (00.45+)Venezuelavs.Bolivia30-jun-07San Cristóbal16.00 (20.00)Boliviavs.Uruguay30-jun-07San Cristóbal18.15 (22.15)Venezuelavs.Perú 03-jul-07Mérida18.30 (22.30)Perúvs.Bolivia03-jul-07Mérida20.45 (00.45+)Venezuelavs.Uruguay

Venezuela's 1st 2 games are in San Cristobal. I think I'll catch the 2nd game in SC.... time to find a room.:(

I thought Colombia had few tourists...It's not easy to find proper reviews from past travelers. Many of Venezuela 's host cities have limited hotels and some get horrible reviews online, so I hope that part of the $1B Copa America investment was to fix some of these hotels up!

9. beaverSmackdowN

beaverSmackdowN New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Hotels, hostels... Americanos stick together!!!

Well everyone, I have been looking for places to stay in Caracas and Maracaibo, and it seems most places are booked. If anyone wants to go down there as a group, my friend and I would be happy to meet up with you all and stick together, especially because of the danger involved in public areas. I pretty much just wanna watch the games, play a little, drink a little, and explore the countryside, cities, and hopefully some beaches.

I wanna see all the US matches plus maybe Mexico vs. Brazil. Anyone got any ideas so we can all stay at the same hotel and maybe travel around the country together? I think strength in numbers is the best thing in a place like this. It might make things less stressful and probably less expensive.

10. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Hotels, hostels... Americanos stick together!!!

What's your planned itinerary at the moment?

11. briefreader

briefreader New Member

May 19, 2006
    I might be heading to Copa America as well. My plan is to see all the US games, and maybe Mexico v. Brazil since that one looks enticing. I would be open to meeting up with people and traveling together for those games. I keep hearing the country is not the safest around, particularly Caracas. But who knows. The only other thing I really want to see in Venezuela is Angel Falls, which I understand is on the other side of Venezuela from where the US games are going to be held. But that sounds like a quick in and out trip over a couple of days.

12. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    regarding safety, just use good judgement and be aware of your surroundings. I think a bunch of folks are heading solo (like myself), so it might make sense to form a group of folks that are in that particular situation (book tix and hotel stay?). I would advise you buy your main RT tix soon. I bough mine about a month ago. From NYC - RT $575 but I would assume fares will increase in the next couple of weeks.

13. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Have you investigated airplane prices from Maracaibo to San Cristobal?

14. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you really cant fly from Maracaibo to SC... I think Merida is the airport to go to. I would be flying from Caracas to Merida :)45 minute flight) and then taking a bus to SC. To get back to Maracaibo I'll take one of the 'fancy buses' ....I figure it's probably a 4-5 hr ride.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    um how far is barquisimeto from maricabo cause thats the only place i could find a hotel to.... :(

tho the best seats were only like 70 bucks which isnt a problem :)

Tickets to all 3 games to see Colombia play 210
    Tickets to Venezulea 700 dollars
    Hotel 1800 bucks (2 weaks)
    Colombia pownin Argentina Priceless :)

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

...I dont know the distance but I would say 4-6 hours away.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    o.... cause thats the only place were u can get a hotel room

18. DC_Gunner

DC_Gunner New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    DC / Cambridge, MA
    Has anyone been able to purchase tickets over the internet? The only thing on offer seems to be "VIP" level, and only for a few games...

19. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

where did u call crzd?? r u trying to book it with family or r u flying solo?

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it me and my older brother.. payin 200 a night at barquisimeto is the best i could find. or a deal with plane/hotel tickets is 1400 per person.

the games are like 70 bucks for the most expensive tickets tho when i tried to go buy them only Ole Ole has them but they want cuckin $500 bucks... unless I get to eat with Leo Messi or Ronaldinho then no dice

21. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

well, I'll be there, I'm likely be splitting a room with with Fabio (Perucho from BS)... my plane tix was $575 for RT, there'll be tix at some point. Dont u have family in Venezuela that can buy tix for you? I have some extended family but it's been a while.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea my mom is takin care of getting her fam to buy the tickets tho tehy all live in Caracas... but from boston to venezulea being there for 1 week is goin to be 1400, seems reasonable I think. I have to wait till my bro gets the ok from work, if not Im goin to try to go with my gfs dad but he is from the enemy.... uruguayan.... haha but sure hed love to see Colombia-Arg which is the main reason I want to go when we smack around a Arg with Messi hope he misses 3 penatlies haha

23. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I watched the 3-0 pounding they gave us in Peru in semis:p ... hey Crzd, get in touch with your Venezuelan side and find out what the deal is with these f'in tix!! No one seems to be able to get thru and buy tix!! I'm not paying $500 + for a stupid open bar and tix with some of these special promotional offers!

24. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    i plan to go but have made no hotel reservations whatsoever. never even set foot in venezuela.

25. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

most are in the same boat Jinks... hope to see ya there!