Who's coming and going ... rumors and speculation (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by SueB, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i think its probably a good thing if we do not get cassano becuase all it will do is complicate the situation with who will start as our forwards i mean its almost certain that juve will use a 4-4-2 and if you add cassano to the mix that means we would have ibra trez dp mutu and cassano 5 world class players all fighting for 2 spots. even if trez is injured DP or mutu could step in and play and if DP or ibra get injured along with trez there is mutu and if he gets injured well im not sure what will happen with the rest of the forwards but the odds of that happening are slim to nil

3. VigorLamezia

VigorLamezia New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    CT
    Club:
    Juventus FC

whats going to happen with that if anything, Juventus is going to buy Milito and loan him to Messina for 1 year, thats how Messina would get him.

"sta pensando bene di girarlo a un club amico, il Messina per l'appunto"

So he would be brought back to Juventus next season, because they want to see if he can prove himself in Serie A.

4. VigorLamezia

VigorLamezia New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    CT
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    since this is the rumor and speculation thread i'll put in what was in the papers the last week of my stay in Italy. The Miguel situation is still waiting on the decision from the Portuguese federation, but if he has to remain under contract with Benfica then Juventus are ready to take him on loan. Another objective of Capello was Cristiano Zanetti from Inter in exchange for Giannicheda or Micolli. But that scenario died down the past couple of days when Moratti did not want to aid Juventus with squad reinforcements so they opened talks with sending Zanetti to Real Madrid. Another rumor which is still strong is Mancini from Roma in a deal with Micolli which opened up again after the ban was lifted from Roma. Also they are still looking at Oddo from lazio and with Torino going to B they are going after Andrea Mantovani.

On another note I was sad to see Tacchinardi go after 11 seasons with Juventus, I hope he does well in spain.

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Channel4.com says that Miccoli could be shipped off to Aston Villa or Benfica.

6. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man with all the injuries it is looking like Juve should buy anyone it can get.

Thuram out with thigh injury
    Buffon out for three months
    Birindelli has been sidelined until Christmas with knee ligament damage
    Chiellini has broken his nose
    Camoranesi, Nedved and Ibrahimovic also picked up knocks
    Vieira who didn’t play for France last night because of a thigh problem

It looks frightening when Del Piero and Trez are your healthy guys. :)

7. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
  8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Wouldnt be mad. del piero is beggin for starting time and ancelotti would be the man to give it to him. ANd i hope this does happen in spite of cassanofutureofitaly. LOL jus joking. No but seriously i dunno man i love del piero and jus seeing him leave juve would break my heart. LIke cassano would you let maldini ever leave, becuase thats practically how we feel about del piero.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rumors dujour is Delpi to Milan and Cassano to Juve.

11. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Doubt this happens but it would be good for both players especially Cassano. Maybe he would finally calm down and live up to his potential especially with the WC next summer.

12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Looks like Miccoli is off to Benfica.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050822/4/a6rx.html

While I don't mind that he won't have the chance to burn Juve at another Italian team, I'll miss seeing him play in the league. He's a fun player to watch.

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too bad he's getting shipped off to Portugal. Lippi will probably ignore him for the Azzurri. I think if Udinese had less forwards, Cosmi would've picked him up...

14. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    how on earth would this benifit del piero i mean on juve at least he is the third forward which means he could still get good playing time but if he goes to milan i would be shocked if he gets to play at all i mean look at milans forwards already sheva, gila, vieri and inzaghi realistically dp will be 4th at best i mean if he wants to ride the pine all season sure but clearly he does not want that

15. italia805

italia805 Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Baltimore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    del piero is not willing to be a third or fourth stricker at that. even though he is third stricker now, he will barely see any playing time due to the tactics of capello. now if he moves to milan, anch. has already stated that del piero would get plenty of playing time b/c his formation and tactics suits del piero's style. how that could be is beyond me, but del piero is probley willing to give it a shot considering this is a world cup year and he is trying to make his final appearance and silence all of his critics. i think he still has it in him, and being called up recently for the ireland match has sweetened his taste buds to make the squad.

16. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't Capello have an equal rotation between Trez-Ibra-DP at the 2 striker spots?

17. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004

I don't remember if he began the first few weeks of the season like this.

But it's no secret Ibra and Trez are and were his first choice.

DP seemed to start only when Trez was still getting match fit and the one time when Ibra was suspended.

18. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
  19. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    if this is true moggi should be kicking himself since cassano would likely still be available for free not only that but this is a bad trade for juve because sure cassano is very good but look what juve will give up i mean chellini is a very good defender and hes still young basically in my mind he was our replacement for cannavarro or thuram becuase i mean there not gonna last forever also really what difference does it make for juve i mean ibra and trez will be the starters and its unlikely for moggi to use a formation with 3 forwards so cassano will be in del pieros current situation (on the outside looking in) not to mention i thought mutu would ressurect his career this season

20. Captain Hamhock

Captain Hamhock New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    NYC
    I think this is just speculation. Juve "has hand" here. Moggi can just wait until January to pick up Cassano. Cassano may be miserable because the Romanistas hate him, but that isn't Juve's problem. I also can't see giving up a good, young talent like Chiellini. I can't see trading a good young left back just so you can have Cassano four months before we sign him for free.

Its not like we are hurting for strikers, unlike our need for depth on the wings, especially on the left. I don't know if Mutu as a winger/striker is really an answer there.

21. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Cassano isn't going anywhere for free....if Roma have to they will insert a clause into his contract like they have been discussing so that he doesn't walk for nothing.

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    that would be a bonehead move for roma since he wont play its better to let him leave for free than have to pay him to sit on the bench and complain that way roma can use the money that they would have payed to cassano to help resign a current player or bring in some new talent.

23. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    How smart of a business decision would that be to let him leave for free? They paid 20 million pounds to get him and now they get nothing in return..

24. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    he has a salary doesnt he if juve wants to they can just wait it out until roma decides its not worth it to pay him to sit on the bench and distract the rest of his team who wants to win games for roma

25. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Zlatan didn't really cause problems in Ajax. He feuded with Van Der Vaart but it seems like everyone does so...
    A lot of "experts" see Zlatan as a future Gold Ball player. Why get rid of a player like that?