Who's coming and going ... rumors and speculation (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by SueB, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the only italian midfielders that are good enough for Juventus are gattuso and pirlo and maybe de rossi. so we can just forget about having an all blue midfield. its just not gonna happen. and as someone said up here, if bonera was free, of course id want him over miguel. but right now its a no-brainer. miguel is a better player too. bottom line is, buying domestic players is just bad business. theyre way overpriced. just look at swp. chelsea pay as much for him as real madrid pay for robinho. thats rediculous.

2. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I completely agree that we(italians) dont have the talent in the midfield besides players like Pirlo and Gattuso and from there the talent really drops. The one thing we do have are outstanding backs and strikers. When Real was offering alot of money (not sure if the rumour was true) for Zlatan why not give him up, pursue Gila and still have some money left over in your pockets to pick up a Vieira. Like i said, there are some players that need to be on this team whether they are Italian or not, but at least look at home first before picking players off from other countries. All it does is leave the younger italians playing for a team like Siena, Bologna etc etc instead of gaining experience playing in Euro competitions and for the big clubs.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    whats the point? Zlatan is young and hes getting better. i wouldnt trade him for gilardino.

4. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The point is that Gilardino is even younger and should be even better with the likes of Sheva and Kaka feeding him. They are both great young strikers but I'm sure that most Juve fans would rather see a Gila in the black and white over Ibra.

You know what, i'll post a poll because i'm curious as to the response.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    To have Italian players is nice; however, it is not feasibe if we are to remain an elite club. I'm not saying this as a knock on Italian players. The point is that Serie A is a showcase for the WORLD's best players. If you limit yourself to Italian players, you are at a severe disadvantage to the other big boys, i.e. Milan, Inter, and the elite clubs from other nations.

Further, let us not forget that many of our players already figure or have figured big for the Azzurri (Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Del Piero).

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    DISAGREE!

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    sorry to break this to you but shevchenko and kaka dont play for Juventus.
    alrighty then.

8. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thanks for the heads up kemo sabe :rolleyes:

9. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    I cant believe we are even questioning this. Gilardino has had 2 20 goal seasons. Zlatan still has a lot to prove and his game should be completed even more. Gilardino is 22 and his game practically already looks complete. If he keeps this up he could surpass Baggio in the league.

10. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and just to add that Zlatan has one of the worst characters and work ethic in football today.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Absolutely on point.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    surpass him in what?

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and you know this how? does this mean youd take avery johnson over allen iverson too?

14. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's a little something called reading and actually knowing about him before he actually came to Juve...and you know what, i'd rather have a team player like Steve Nash over Iverson any day.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    easy to say after nash just won the mvp. anyway, i havent heard anyone at Juve complain about Zlatans work ethic. give me a link.

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Delp meant Baggio's 205 goal tally. If that's not what he meant, than I don't understand his post at all.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    my point exactly. if its goals, then sure. that might happen. but how is that relevant? Baggio wasnt a striker. i dont get it.

18. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyone who doesn't want Zlatan at Juve just really doesn't have a clue. Zlatan was maybe the best player in Serie A, whether or not he works hard or whatever.

His attitude would be a problem if it stopped us from winning. We won with him and his so-called attitude.

19. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's also easy to say after Ibra had one good season at Juve while Gila has had a couple in Serie A. Noone has complained at Juve but how many stories have you heard of infighting between teammates when he was at Ajax? When you're winning scudeto's and playing all the time it's easy not to complain (look at ADP) but once he starts to rub Capello the wrong way and starts losing playing time then we'll see the same old Zlatan i was used to seeing. He's a great player, an AWESOME player but I would still rather have Gilardino. The way Juve is made up at the moment, it's all flair and no finish ex: 'pool vs Juve

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    That is not true if Trez manages to stay healthy.

21. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Gumba you out of all people should know that you cant rely on one striker to get easy tap in's especially with zlatans rep he should have buried that one

22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I know that you can't rely on just one player. However, how many world class poachers are there? I'm just saying that Juve's attack is not that bad at finishing, particularly when Trez is healthy. They have also added Mutu to the different options. While I would have loved to get Gila, I am not preoccupied about our ability to put the ball in the net with the guys we have (Trez, Ibra, ADP, Mutu, Nedved, etc.).

23. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    juves offense will be at its best with del piero as a starter expecially since teams like to use the repeated fouling technique on him you have to think that if you draw enough fouls your strikers will make something out of it, this is no offence to del piero because he is a very good player who if he gets enough playing time can easily have a 15-20 goal season in 05/06 leading juve to scudetto 29,is a fan favorite in turin and also happens to be juve's leader

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    do you even know what work ethic is? Zlatan has always been erratic, but ive not once heard anyone question his willingness to work in his game. but hey, if you dont want Zlatan on Juve then thats fine. i dont care what you think. the last sentence in this post shows you have absolutely no football knowledge at all so ill stop replying to your idiocy.

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    With respect to Ibra's work ethic, one thing that he does that drives me absolutely nuts is that he will not chase after the ball after he has lost it trying to dribble past the defender. That can be one knock.

I wouldn't, however, say that Ibra completely lacks work ethic.