Who's coming and going ... rumors and speculation (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by SueB, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  2. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    IS Chiellini a left back?

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yes.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moggi disclosed today that he discussed with Inter the idea of swapping of Tacchinardi for Cristiano Zanetti.

Miccoli is on his way to the warm Sicilian beaches, as our DG said that Palermo is close to signing him and finally he expressed sadness over also having to sell Tudor.

5. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like that move alot. I find Zanetti played well under Capello at Roma and would be a great player coming off the bench in place of Emerson/Viera. IMO, Tacchinardi was a liability coming off the bench last year.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    im not a big zanetti fan. id rather sell Tacchinardi and buy someone whos more of a project. mozart for example.

7. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well of course i'd rather them do that or even have kept Maresca but if we have to pick up Zanetti to get rid of Tacchinardi then i say do it.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't understand all the speculation about Zanetti. Simply put, we do not need him. You have to figure that Emerson-Vieira are the staring pairing. You would think that Tacchi and Blasi are at least adequate cover. Why would they exchange Miccoli for Zanetti (as Gazzetta reported)?

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    miccoli is going to palermo.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I read differently the other date. I read that he was being used a trade bait, for lack of a better term. I really don't care either way; I'm not a big fan.

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    well yeah that seems to have been the plan all along. but now the cassano thing is over, for now atleast, and im not so sure theyll be getting anyone they can use miccoli in a bid for. so i think theyll just sell him. outside of mozart and miguel, i think Moggi is done for the summer. gettin zanetti basically changes nothing.

12. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'd probably agree with that. It will be funny to see what happens if we get Miguel. From what I saw of him, he'd definitely start over Zebina. Plus, we all seeem to forget how Chiellini will fit in. I know Chiellini is a left back, but I'd be curious to see if Zambrotta is moved to teh other side.

It seems funny talking about all these options we have this season as we were contantly short of options last season. You've got to figure that more players are on their way out.

13. NavillusMot

NavillusMot New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    USA
    Miguel is out of his contract with Benfica now. I see him as a must have player. Anytime you can get a player with national experience on a free transfer, you must take advantage of it. Miguel would be the whipped cream on top of this already stellar transfer class. (Cassano would be the cherry on top.)

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juventus midfielder Manuele Blasi could join Lazio in a deal that sees Massimo Oddo make the opposite switch.

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Not that I'm a big fan of Blasi, but I do not want to see this happen. I'd rather have Miguel than Oddo at this point. I think Oddo is pushing 30 whereas Miguel is only 25.

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm not in love with Blasi either, but he's an instant starter at Lazio. I actually think he's slightly better than Giannichedda so thats a bit curious tho GG can play in the back also.

But Oddo is a proven commodity in Serie A and a bit more of a sure thing than Miguel...

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I would agree with your characterization of Oddo, namely "proven commodity." I would also agree that Oddo is more of a sure thing than Miguel. However, that said, I believe that Miguel has much greater potential to do well at Juve. From what I have seen of Miguel, he was a pretty nice defender with a great ability to push the attack forward on the right; I was much more impressed with him at the Euros, than I have ever been with Oddo.

While I agree that you know what you are getting into with Oddo, I think that Miguel is a gamble worth taking on the right hand side because IMHO it has more potential payoff than the conservative Oddo move. Further, it is a gamble that Juve ca afford because we already have Zebina, who is serviceable in that role.

In all honesty, I would still prefer Bonera before any of the options.

18. Captain Hamhock

Captain Hamhock New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    NYC
    I still think (hope!) Bonera is coming. Once we have dished Taccinardi or Blasi we will have the money to bring him in.

Or maybe not, if we go with a 3-4-3, we won't need the extra depth.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i agree with this 120%. id rather have Blasi as a back-up for Vieira and Emerson then send him away for a awfully defensive oddo. we can get miguel for free. hes twice the player oddo ever will be. and we keep Blasi in the process. you guys are so harsh on Zebina. i dont share that view. hes as good as most around. hes better then oddo.

20. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Duck you gotta remember though, Juventus is supposed to produce and use Italian players i dont want to be an Inter, I dont want Blasi to leave but i would agree to Oddo, so please no more foreigners at Juve i want an Italian

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    there arent enough good italian players to fill a whole league. so if you only want italians at Juventus, then you can forget about winning anything.

22. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i dont think he means to have a whole team made up Italians. I would rather have a mix of both and i mean 50/50. How sad is it when you are representing an Italian city and you only have 3 maybe 4 italians starting (Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta) and then you have Del Piero. I don't really think of Camo as an actual Italian even though the NT might think so. Why pick up a Miguel when we can have a Bonera.

There are some core players that it doesn't really matter where they come from because they are that good like a Nedved, Vieira and even a Thuram but when you can pick up that same type of player and he's italian that's just a bonus for both the team and it's fans. Personally, i think they should impose the import rules again because it is getting out of hand.

23. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Bonera or Oddo were on a free like Miguel, then yes I'd want an Italian over a foreigner. But I wouldn't go out of my way for a lesser player who costs money just to get 1 more Italian on the squad.

24. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Im sorry but you just dont get the prestige that Juve represents for Italy. I think for such a team to only have 1 real italian in the midfield there is something seriously wrong with that. We only have 1 italian striker in Del Piero, and as much as i hate capello for it, he isnt even guaranteed a spot. I dont want a team full of foreigners and on top of that we are teaching these foreigners OUR game. Because lets face it, i dont think Zlatan would be that great without Juve or Zebina would have a season like he had without Juve. Im happy to still se that we have a 50/50 italian defence. BUt our midfield in my opinion should consist of just italians. We should have Zambrotta and Camo on the wings ( and personally i dont think Nedved cuts it at Juve nemore.) In the middle we could keep viera but lets get rid of emerson and let blasi grow or let giannichedda play a bit. In attack i dont mind the one thing that bothers me alot though is that Zlatan is guaranteed a first line when he in my opinion has done nothing to earn it. I have read papers in Italy that say he doesnt even go to practise sometimes. I think with the addition of Mutu that him and Del piero will work good together, but i would prefer Gilardino of Mutu but i guesse i cant complain.

25. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are you stuck in the 1970s? It's tough to win with a predominantly Italian starting XI because it would cost an assload to bring in Italian players from other Serie A teams.

Or you must be stuck in the 1990s if you are mad about DP not featuring as much as you would like.

Bottom line is winning. I could care less how many Italians or whoever they have on the pitch as long as they win trophies. You seem to intent on being able to have your cake and eating it too.