Whos better Lampard or Gerrard?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by pfc4life, Dec 22, 2006.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    HA HA HA

Applauds the effort.

2. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    HA HA?

There are two main trains of thought here

Group A
    Believes Gerrard is the better player but also acknowledges Lampard's talents.

Group B (Mostly Chelsea just out of school fanboys)
    Believes that Lampard is superior in every department bar running and scoffs at Gerrard and quality being in the same sentence.

You can clearly see the drastic lack of football experience from group B in this debate.

Group A ofcourse is correct while group B need to take their childish rants back to the playground where they'll be appreciated. Thanks for your efforts guys but this is big boy talk now. :cool:

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Better player? Not that shit again. Clearly, you have no grasp of logic or have no concept of cognitive process.

Group C - Bin dipper supporters who think Gerrard is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

4. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Yawn

Keep trying, someone might laugh sooner or later.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Too late, they have been laughing at you for a while now. Better player with pretty much every statistic saying the exact opposite. You are a sad little Scouser.

Yeah, the PFA awards argument - pathetic.

6. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    You fail to grasp the fact that the people who actually play the game at the highest level have voted Gerrard a better player for the last 5 years, and the managers of England have always selected Gerrard when avaliable without fail, where as Lampard is a different story.

The whole business of him and Gerrard playing in the England team was solely for Lampard's benefit because Gerrard was in whatever.

So I suggest its you who needs to get his cognitive process gears working.

7. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Pathetic compared to what, your word, and you call me a clown.

Keep the abuse coming your showing your age and desperation.

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Or b/c Gerrard is tacticly less disciplined and he needs to accomodate a more important and a better player.

9. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    That is entirely your opinion and in no way does it relate to one player being better than the other, if this is your sole reason for claiming he's better then I suggest you move on.

Gerrard and Lampard instead of Gerrard and a more defensive player, your argument doesn't hold water.

Why not go for Lampard and a defensive midfielder? Your just wishing your reasoning to be true for the sake of dissing Gerrard as par the course for a player that rejected Chelsea.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Besides the PFA awards, give me one, ONE statistic that shows Gerrard is a better player.

11. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You know that all professional footballers can vote in the PFA, right? It's not just the players of the top 4. It's the cloggers from League 2 who get most of their 'footballing knowledge' from the Sun. Similar story in the FIFPro - the players and managers of some proper shit clubs vote in that.

12. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If the game was played on paper you might have a point. There is no greater accolade than that from your fellow professionals, it's why rightly or wrongly Giggs just had to win one.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ok, that's what I thought.

14. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see, if you are not a premiership footballer you are an idiot basically? Good to know. Any chance they get their knowledge from you know playing the game for a living?

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sigh... no, not really. Sure some of them are committed students of the beautiful game, I'm sure. But most are basically idiots. And of course, a bit busy playing and being 'Big Charlies' to be watching and learning from the best.

******** it, Harry Redknapp knows a lot about football, but he still thinks like a ********.

16. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tactically less disciplined? That's the best one yet. When Lampard and Gerrard both play in the same side for England a panel of Stevie Wonder, Wally Karue and Arsene Wenger could see who shirks their defensive responsibility constantly and it isn't the lad wearing number 4.

17. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    These are the sort of fans we are dealing with here. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yX4ay-M9sE"]YouTube- Lee Evans on Football Fans[/ame]

18. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While I don't agree with everything Frosty is saying he raises probably the most valid point so far. While he and I have given Lampard his due and alluded to the talent he has and the fact that if by better you mean works hard at his game but is also fortunate enough to play in a team of champions you have a point, on the other side we've had nothing but childish insults and arguments with more holes than an England player orgy.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Give Lampard his due by saying he's inferior to Gerrard. Well done lads, well done.

20. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Being cleverer than what you look is a lot better than looking cleverer than you are.

21. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What about looking the same level of stupid as you are?

Plus Lampard isn't FORTUNATE to be part of a team of champions; he is and for five years has been THE KEY PLAYER of a team of champions.

22. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008

You just keep churning it out.

Yeah you obviously love Fat Frank, im sure he admires your endeavour to make him look better than what he really is.

Be my guest and carry on.

23. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Funny that because every Chelsea fan has been telling us Cech was the best keeper in the world, then Cech was the best left back, then Terry the best CB (even though Carvalho has always been better) and Makelele was the one player you had that actually was undoubtedly the best in the world in his position and Essien is considered one of the best in his position if not the best and then there is Drogba who is in the top 3-5 at least.

Yeah I see what you mean, not like he's had any support not to mention Robben, Cole, Duff, etc etc.

He is a big part of the team but that doesn't mean he wasn't fortunate to land on his feet with Chelsea, hell your team were fortunate to not go into administration let alone be arguing about if Lampard is better than Gerrard. Fortune favours the brave though and I'm not for a second suggesting he hasn't earned his luck.

24. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ferguson said he would have replaced Keane with Gerrard, wanna ask him if he still respects him in the last 2 years?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIODOS2u4Vk"]YouTube- Steven Gerrard 2008-2009 Goals/Assists[/ame]

Clearly nothing to fear there. :eek::rolleyes: