Who's better..Helder Postiga, Ricardo Quaresma, or Cristiano Ronaldo?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by WizardOfTheDribble, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    he his about 23, Antonio Sousa[Beira-Mar] is the longest coach with the same team, in the portuguese league his going on the 8th year

more on coach and the son at
    www.uebe.pt/beiramar/

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    can wait for Tiago to comeback because his a better player then Postiga, Quaresma and Ronaldo.

3. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Tiago better than Postiga, Quaresma or Cristiano Ronaldo...........right.

Anyway I think Quaresma is the best of the three right now. It's a close call between them. Cristiano Ronaldo can become as good or even better than Quaresma in the near future. Postiga is a striker so he doesn't have all those fancy moves but I think he will do very well for Tottenham. I wouldn't mind having him back to Porto to help out in the Champions League.

PS. Paulo Ferreira (24 years old, FCPorto) will be the owner of the right defender position in the NT for quite a while, there's not even a doubt about it. Classy player.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    not the way Miguel his playing

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Cristiano Ronaldo by a mile

6. bpereira

bpereira New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    vancouver canada
    Portugal has even more young talent after the under 21 here is a list

Hugo Almeida = Striker very Big Man

Ricardo Vaz Te = Striker = 16 yrs already one step away from being on the Bolton First team

Manuel Curto = Midfield Very underated

John Periera = Midfield Benfica great palyer

Vinerri = Striker

Felicano Prudencio = Midfield Plays for Southhampton. 16yrs

Bruno Gama = Midfield Braga some people same he is the best Portugal"s prospect and he is 15 yrs

Paulo Muchado = Midfield Porto very good

Rui Gomes Big time striker at 15 Gama to Gomes is very lethel.

My Pick is Vaz Te and Gama Look out World The Wizards of Europe are going to be very exiting to watch and A top contender for many World Cups to come and Euro Championships.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    how can you guys forget Tiago

8. bpereira

bpereira New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    vancouver canada
    Everyone talkes about Tiago Mendes Why?

I seen 3 under 21 games and he has not really sttod out

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    because he was sick, he missed the game in Guimaraes with a a cold and we lost, his presence in France was very positive a lot of the guys would have take the day off, its hard to play with fever.

Tiago had two strong games with England, and he can scored, remember is not a attack midfielder but a defensive midfielder

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    three other players making a name for themeselves, Custodio and Paito from Sporting, Paito could be call for the finals, he plays on a position that we in bad shape, at LD positon

but the best play after Ronaldo on the Portugal vs France, was the surprise play of defensive midfielder Meireles of Boavista.

11. bpereira

bpereira New Member

Oct 27, 2003
    vancouver canada
    You know what guys at the end of the day it"s all about what happens on the field. So no matter how good it looks on Paper and it looks real pretty. At the end of the day paper does not win championships.

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I will go on record and say that Tiago would be with the A team in the Euro 04, its going to be very hard to use Rui and Deco together, they got get another defensive midfielder, Costinha can't do it all

Maniche also will be a option.

13. ainojonai

ainojonai New Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Interesting to read this topic after 13 yes being posted. Now the future stars of Portugal should be put on the shoulders of Renato Sanches, Joao Mario, Bernando Silva, W. Carvalho, Andre Silva etc

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    blast from the past. All I can say is Hugo Viana turned out to be a good player but not on the level of Quaresma or Ronaldo.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Wow this thread makes me feel old

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Damn, I remember all those players too in the first page. Still can't believe we didn't win anything with that crop of players.