Whoop A$$ alert...

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by CaptSteamer, Feb 17, 2009.

1. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis
    I just looked at Baltimore's schedule for this Saturday and uh oh, they are in Mass again. The Blast could play the entire game withOUT their keeper & prob still manage to win. :eek:

2. Dave K

Dave K Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Gloucester, NJ
    At least this game will be a challenge, as they are home vs Rockford on Friday night and then have a long bus ride to Western Massachussets on Saturday. Guess that means the Blast will only win by 20 this time.

3. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baltimore is the SHHEEE-IIITTT this year! Thems my boys up there. I don't think any team in any league could beat them this year. Can someone please tell me why the Twisters haven't picked up any new players? I see other teams are picking up x players and brazilians to get them better. but why hasn't M-T done the same? I tell ya what. If I got my ass kicked all over the place week after week, I would get myself some bigger friends to hang around with, if you get what I mean.

4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The Washington Generals never sign free agents.

5. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHA.... this is funny. because the Wash Gen's new they were gonna lose every game. I guess M-T is the same way!

6. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis
    Any thoughts about the Blast-Twisters game tomorrow night?
    Blast 18 Twisters 5

7. StormGuy10

StormGuy10 Member

Oct 26, 2008
    18-5?? or 118-5??

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Blast 16 Twisters 2

9. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still don't get it. That Chicago team is signing Dan Antiouk. New Jersy signed Shaun David. Both those guys have great indoor experience. Why isn't the Mass Twisters signing anyone like this? Of all the indoor teams playing right now, they seem to need the most help. You would think they would want to boost up there squad. If I was the coach of that team, I would've added quite a few new players by now. Just don't get it. MT is getting what they deserve I guess. Nothing against them.

Baltimore - 25
    MT - 9

10. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Do you want to go play for a team that:
    1) draws 75 fans
    2) can only afford to pay your bus fare
    3) may not be around next year
    4) your rent for your apt in Mass would be for a one year lease, so what do you do in 2 months when Paul L closes up shop, and you still have 10 months left!!

11. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Paul L will be fine. Its when Ed Hale stops sending checks from First Mariner bank to Springfield that the problems start.

12. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    You got it Shelts...

Ed will only do that for so long...especially when First Mariner Stock is trading at .75!!

13. Indoor Alter Ego

Indoor Alter Ego New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Baltimore
    Shelts how many fans attended this fiasco?

14. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Why do you hate Ed Hale so much? Your jealousy really gets to me!

And how can you be so ungrateful when he built this bank for YOU?

15. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    And I thought he built the bank so he could appear in every one of their commercials!

But despite all of that he is one of the few owners who is truly a fan of indoor soccer. Not many of those around nowadays.

16. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Because he supported Martin O'Malley:)

17. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    To be honest I didn't go so I don't know. I would imagine 500 would be a stellar turnout. I'll give the Twisters some credit, they do treat the fans well. The people are nice and they are trying to put on a good show.

18. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis

19. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    I agree.

They do try hard they've been around for 10-12 years but must improve their operation. They also need to add some better players to their roster, they have some good players but not enough to be competitive. They could make a big improvement in their play with a keeper. Any teams backup in the NISL or XSL would be an improvement.

20. zinsy!!!

zinsy!!! Member

Jun 4, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Nat'l Team:
    United States