Who Would You Take

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Mr.Soccer, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Mr.Soccer

Mr.Soccer New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Maui
    If you could chose any two players from all of the other teams in the WUSA, who would you take?
    We need more scoring so maybe a forward or scoring mid-fielder. Keep in mind if we had them, then we wouldn't have to play against them. Who causes us the most problems and if we had them would solve some scoring problems.

My choice would be:
    I have to think a bit longer before I decide.

2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To me the answer for one player is obvious. Pichon(sp)

There is no other player in women's soccer that can, at this time, create so many scoring chances each game.

Say what you will about Mia, Lilly, Prinz, Fotop, Milbert or any of the other "stars" the fact is that Pichon creates more, on her own, than any of the others.

BTW: One of the BIG reasons the Philly defense has been so good is that defenders for other teams cannot go forward too much with Pichon on the field, so it helps the D as well to have her.

To go with her a second very creative mid would be good, say Riisa.

Those two added to what the Beat already have would be almost unbeatable.

Of course their teams are NOT so stupid to let players like that go.

The better question would be who, that might be available, might the Beat go after?

That will require more thought.

3. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Pichon, Milbrett.

4. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    Milbrett - IMO the best player in the world right now, look what she can do with support (US Nats).

and thats it

5. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    Milbrett and Riise (sp?).

Someone we realistically have a chance at... Mandy Clemons from Philly. All these other players will never be released from their teams. Mandy has spent some time on the bench this year... However, I think she would fit in well with the Beat.

6. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    I would go after Bai Jie and Hege Riise - unfortunately, we would need two spots for foreign players to get them.

Riise is a main reason Carolina was so good this year during the regular season. She is the glue that holds that team together. Bai Jie is a very dangerous flanker. I don't think she has been given a chance to show off just how good she is at Washington (and has impressed nevertheless).

My 2 yuan worth.

7. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pichon and Millie

but like Kim said Clemens could be a possiblity.

8. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I would trade away my second born child for a healthy Kelly Smith.
    :D :D

Hey, I've gotten quite attached to my first born.

9. Mr.Soccer

Mr.Soccer New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Maui
    Pichon because of her work ethic and ability to score and Kelly Smith because she keeps the game in front of her. Put those two with the Beat players we have and you would dominate.

Charmaine and Pichon would be so dangerous
    Add Smith to our midfield with Sawa, Nikki and Kylie
    Wow would that be fun.