Alert: Who Would You sign to Replace Martin or Should We Bet on the Kids?

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Aug 25, 2008.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    It is official, Palermo broke his cruxiate ligaments. It seems that Martin's story at Boca just added the last drop of mystery ... tied as the maximum scorer, needing a return from fatality to become the greatest scorer. Martin's life is a rollercoaster of optimism and determination ...

Should Boca go out to sign a replacement?
    If so, who would you like to see coming?
    If not, should we bet on Viatri?
    Or try a Palacio-Noir/Castroman a la Guille-Delgado days?

The names floating around so far are: Pavone, Figueroa and Klimowitz.

PS: Take care Pa-leeeeer-mooooo ... we are waiting for your return.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pavone would look good at Boca. Otherwise, go with the kids.

AGUANTE MARTIN PALERMO!!!!

3. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Suenan Pavone y Figueroa

More...

4. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Ischia duda entre dos chicos

Viatri o Noir es la única duda para jugar por Palermo en la revancha. El primero aventaja al segundo por características similares al goleador que se lesionó.

More...

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    cuanto tiempo mas para el regreso de palacios?

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    The kids. If not how are they ever going to develop if we keep replacing them. We already lost a good prospect in Boselli, I at least want to see Noir and Viatri stay at Boca a few years to see what they can do.

Palacio-Noir for me. Or Palacio-Viatri. Though Pavone does sound tempting.

Castroman should be 10th choice striker. I'd rather have Morel playing striker than that useless waste of space.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Farias and Frutos are also being mentioned as possible replacements.

Thanks, but no!

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I say give Noir and Viatri more playing time but still sign someone for cover. Pavone would be nice but I'm not sure he would sign to sit on the bench. Figueroa oh god know. Diego Klimowicz on the other hand is still a traditional 9 and could be useful in a covering role.

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    It seems that one of the Boca medical team members will travel to Genova this week to examine Lucho Figueroa.

Even thou Ischia is not fond of signing him, Pompilio and other important members of the Boca Football Commission have been trying to convince him. the "Bosses" are convinced he is the one to replace Martin and beyond, after Martin retires ... which could be sooner rather than later.

Figueroa is not playing at Genova, and is lisited in Genovese fan sites as on his way out of Italy to Boca. At the same time, all this could be solved in a rather "cheap" way, as Boca has had offfcial complaints with Genova regarding youngster Forestieri, who left the club under the "patria potestad" argument. He is in Genova's youth system, about to break into the reserve team and is also already with the Italian YNTs. Since Boca was asking for $$$ from Genova regarding the kid, the Figueroa transaction could "clean" it and have both parties happy.

Luciano played only 23 games last year and scored 3 gaols. He needed 2 surgeries to his cruxiate ligament tear, which took him 18+ months to fully recover. At Boca, they believe they can get Figueroa to be the NT player he used to be while at Villarreal ... and they don't forget he had a "decent" spell at the "primos" ...

The other candidates were Colombian Rodallega and Ecuatorian Caicedo, both starters at their NTs, but the $$ they were asking were quite steep.

Your thoughts?

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Initially I'm not sure about Lucho. It's not really a question of his abilities as much as it is the injury he's endured. If he can stay healthy and regain more fitness and form then he could be serviceable. I would use him more as cover for the pibe's than a starter.
    If the situation you speak of is true that we can essentially get him on a "free" then you have to move on that opportunity. If he pans out it's a steal and if not it cost us nothing. Now if it costs us nothing then we can still theoretically sign another player as well.

11. threervana

threervana Member

Jun 4, 2008
    China
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we can get Lucho cheaply, just do it.

We will have one more choice, although he played at River a coulpe of years ago.:)

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Really? Lucho as Palermo's replacement? I just don't see it.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see it.. I just hope it doesn't happen. :eek:

14. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    NO THANK YOU!
    I don't want any amargos. You really think Lucho could replace Palermo? give me a break. He's awful, has had a sh*tload of injuries lately. Enough of spending money on pointless and useless players who 'estan colgados' en sus clubes and that are out of shape and need like a year of training to accomplish anything. We've already seen this with Gracian (we now have Riquelme, Chavez, Gaitan and Diaz at that position) and with Castroman (another very bad signing)

If Lucho is the supposed option of the future than I say no thanks. Let's stick with Viatri and later on Phillippe (spelling?)