Who Would You Love To See As A Super Sub For The Us In World Cup 06

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ttttt005, Dec 28, 2005.

1. eplkewell

eplkewell Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Mathis. Even if he usually sucks, he's got a cannon of a shot, and certainly could provide a late spark. I like the idea of Cobi Jones even more though- he was great against Jamaica and Panama and is now coming off a fantastic MLS season.

2. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    To those voting for Mathis...

The RSL faithful were unfortunate enough to have to watch him last year...we know...trust us...we are not kidding...HE IS DONE! The only thing he has left in his arsenal is free kicks...where he rarely shoots anymore, he just serves in a dangerous bender.

Please remember, it is not 2000-2002 anymore, Clint has had 2 major knee injuries and surgeries, Clint failed to keep himself fit during his prime years, Clint is paying for it now, and Clint has become a locker-room and field cancer.

His last chance to make the USMNT was last spring...the Bruce sent him home early.

DONE!!! For the love of all that is good, let it die.

3. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Ricky,

You're a genius! :cool:

4. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Chris Rolfe, obviously

5. soccrbom2

soccrbom2 New Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Terre Haute
    I would like to see Rolfe as well, I like Freddy and all, but Rolfe plays for my boys so my vote goes there.

6. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
  7. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  8. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definatly justin, mush more speed than any of those other guys, plus he has much more skill and more potential than almost everyone else on that list

9. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    I completely agree with your picks but in reverse order. Cunningham (because he's fast with good moves), Mathis (world class on free kicks & shooting accuracy), Adu (could create havoc, especially if he keeps getting better).

10. crazysoccerdude

crazysoccerdude New Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Hacienda Heights, ca
    Adu!!! Who better to run at a defense after 70 minutes or so.