Who would you like to see us play in friendlies?

Discussion in 'England' started by TRS-T, Oct 26, 2014.

1. TRS-T

TRS-T Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    The FA are said to be arranging home and away friendlies against Germany, Italy, Spain and France.

Obviously these are good tests for our players but to be honest I'd rather we played against more unusual non-European opposition in friendlies.

There are some good African teams we have never played against before such as Ivory Coast, Senegal and Mali.

The Ghana and Poland games at Wembley had good atmospheres due to the 20,000 'away' fans so how about we play some teams who would have a lot of support? Nigeria? Australia? India?

Who would you like to see us face in a friendly?

2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Why arrange friendlies against non European teams in the next two years? What's the point?

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Germany, Italy, Spain and France.

4. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A friendly versus the USA wouldn't be bad. I'm sure they would bring as many supporters as they can. Plus if we beat them then they will have claim that we are better than them because we simply beat them and it would have to negate their "superiority" over us in the past two World Cups. Going by their standards of course.

But really it would be a good atmosphere and it will see where we are really at.

5. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    No. Just no.

6. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought I could joke around on this topic. Not a serious enough one.

7. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wouldn't mind playing the USA, or the Aussies.

8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    it is not so much who to play in friendlies, but a methodology of how to approach the friendlies and what you want out of them. i dont care if they play Jamaica or Cayman, just use them effectively. EG the mass subs at half time kills any chance of properly evaluating the team. bringing in new young players and have them play a full game within the system i think might be better. sure they might lose games (well maybe not against Cayman or JA) but you have a better view of the players within your system. no reason to have all the established players players play all the games. sit them out and play the young uns

9. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Friendlies are boring..

10. matleblanc

matleblanc Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Friendlies are boring and unpredictable. Often the main favorites do not play as good as they can.

11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    wat

12. Handicappers

Handicappers New Member

Dec 6, 2014
    I would like to see England and USA.

13. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Yeah. No.

14. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Friendlies are useless.Thank god FIFA is starting a league of nations and there will be something worth watching soon.

15. bestvaluestore

Sep 21, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC