Who would you like to see replace Pasarella?

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by leoriver, Apr 2, 2007.

1. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    1.Ramon Diaz
    2.Marcelo Bielsa
    3.Leonardo Astrada

Eventhough we are still in the Copa and what 5th pace in the local tournament this must be one of the worst soccer I have seen River play in a very long time.We have the players thats for sure.So who's to blame? For a fact I cannot wait to see fat ass Aguilar leave is presidential spot once and for all.Maybe Pasarella will follow.Despite that he has won alot with River in the past and is some what a River symbol I just don't think it's working out for him and obviously it shows in the results.

Dam in the group we are in this year in the CUP,one would think that River with the players and money they have spent this season would be clearly the team to beat.Not to take anything away from the other teams especially the venezuelan team but come the ******** on,we lost in River and playing like crap !
    Vs Quilmes,Argentinos,Gimnasia de Jujuy...

I'd love to see Ramon Diaz takeover but I think he doesn't want any of that till Aguilar leaves,yet another year goes by and we're with the same shit.

Bielsa,well i've always liked el Loco,guys a nut and practices great football,ON THE GROUND ! Seen some of the best soccer by teams coached by this man, Newells back in 92 and the National Team,not counting the world cup 2002.

I guess we'll have to wait and see wtf happens...

2. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I wouldn't have a problem with "Tolo" Gallego returning. What he's done with Newell's a few years ago and Toluca in Mexico has been quite impressive.

3. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La Vol Pe

By the end of the season he will be looking for a team to manage, and River might be possibly looking for a manager.
    Give him a chance, he's awesome.

4. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd give anything for Ramon to come back, but I can't see it happening as long as Aguilar is around. If not Ramon, el Tolo Gallego is somebody I'd love to see here, or why not Enzo Francescolli.

Also, if we could poach Simeone, I'd be ecstatic.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now, more than ever, I think it's time for me to reply to this thread. Here are my answers:

1) By faaaaaar Ramon Diaz. Still, it's impossible with HDP Aguilar as President. (Note: The same fucking fat ass fired Ramon after winning yet another tournament with River -2002- and beating Boca 3-0 in the Bombonera).

2) Bielsa. I've always like his teams. They always have the offensive style of play that River needs. He hasn't been working since he left the Argentine NT in 2002. Still, just like Ramon, it seems tough. He rejected Boca twice, and I heard he received a big offer (moneywise) from a European club that he's probably going to accept.

3) Astrada. Some many not like him, especially if they remember the last few games of his "era", but I actually thought he was a good coach. He was always a good leader, and he didn't do a bad job coaching us: he won one of three Argentine leagues he coached (the last time River won a tournament), and reached the Semifinals of the Copa Libertadores in both occasions (lost to Boca -by penalties- and Sao Paulo, respectively). Much better than being eliminated in the Group Stage, if you ask me. :rolleyes: Hmm, Gimnasia (LP) are after him, though, after having Troglio quit. Passarella will probably stay till the end of the season. Will el Jefe still be available?

Other than those three, I can't really think of any coach who is well suited to manage this team. I didn't like Gallego the last time he was in charge of our team, but I don't care.. I wouldn't mind seeing him this time. I'd prefer the other three though.. As for Francescoli, he doesn't want to coach, and he's said that many times when he was rumoured to coach River in the past.

Edit: lol.. I just read Leo's list. I didn't notice he had the same people & order as mine.

6. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bielsa would be great for the job, what happened to Argentina in 2002 was a fluke, freak accident. Bielsa had nothing but a positive, winning record at the time, still qualifying first in the eliminatorias, winning the olympic gold medal, and reaching the copa america final.

7. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one. I have faith in Pasarella and he's a solid coach. Look at the atmosphere he has to work with, players coming and going, a foolish management and corruption. Under these circumstances, he's done ok.

8. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Someone at a bar here in new york said casually "Pedro Troiglio" then after thought it made sense.....Astrada, Tolo, Ramon, Even that guy that got fired from banfield, profe hernandez ......all to me are ok canidates

9. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    you're kidding right?

10. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey guys, seeing that most of you want Pasarella out, I guess you could have your wish granted today. If you think it through, it's a win-win situation: Belgrano get a much-needed win, Pasarella gets his ass fired (he doesn't even need to bother against Boca Juniors) and you get a new coach that could hardly do any worse than Pasarella.. Good luck for today's match, anyway.

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    This question I saw in a River forum and I was wondering what people here thought.

Would you like to see Bianchi as the new head coach? (obviously a long shot, but an interesting question nonetheless)

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Obviously. It doesn't matter if he was Boca's coach in the past, no one can say he was a bad coach. Not only that, but it wasn't like he was a "super-bostero" or a huuuuge anti-River.

So yeah, I would like to see him manage us for two reasons:

1) He's a really good coach.
    2) All the Bosteros would want to kill themselves. :D

13. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That would be the only reason why I wouldn' t mind him coaching River, maybe we can arrange something.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lavolpe is not bad though, to me the biggest problem he has is the fact that he tells his players to take play the ball from the defense, its an error that cost him this weekends game, other than that i think that the players have a lot to with it as well. but lavolpe is first in the libertadores. i think that passarella is going to be here for a while, i just ask that he beats boca, for the love of don ramon and the saint lorenzo of boedo.

16. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    :eek:

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  19. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    So Pasarella salio a decir que los hinchas se van a tener que acostumbrar a putearlo por 2 años mas. Meaning he has no intentions to resign despite his very very poor performence as being our DT. Wtf is next? Aguilar said he won't fire him either but what else can we expect from this fat ********?

This first semester is one to forget.

20. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Passarella: cada vez hay más dirigentes que no quieren que continúe

El entrenador sólo es sostenido por Aguilar y por sus hombres más cercanos. Sin embargo, Passarella sigue confiando en revertir la situación.

More...

21. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Quién se queda, quién se va, quiénes vienen

Con Passarella ratificado en el cargo y tras decirle que no al Besiktas, ahora resta saber con qué equipo buscará el éxito en el segundo semestre.

More...

22. Jonathan V

Jonathan V New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Redlands, CA
    Every River Plate fan wants Ramon Diaz.

23. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And every bostero wants Bianchi, what the hell is your point :confused:

24. Jonathan V

Jonathan V New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Redlands, CA
    No, I want Bianche for the National team I wanted El Coco for our team but punk ass Grondona stole him from us to put him in the national team.

I like Russo as long as he doesn't mess up.

25. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    anyone its a new season already in the toilet, there has to be a new coach now.