Who Would You Choose To Lose?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by RegginaFan1, Jul 24, 2006.

1. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Guys,

Inter is on the hunt for a big attacker. The names I read are Ibra, Trezegol, and Toni.

As Juventini, if it's between Ibra and Trez, who would you choose to lose? Personally, with me, I would want Trezeguet to stay. He has proven himself way too many time not to lose. Ibra, on the otherhand, has been "quiet" this past season. He has proven his talent in the past, but would he have more so-so seasons in future alla Zidane?

So let's say we lose one of them. Who would you rather lose?

2. Captain Hamhock

Captain Hamhock New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    NYC
    No contest. Keep Trez. He is a pure target man and a natural finisher. Because we had a mostly defensive midfield last year, I think we had to keep Ibra in there to create plays up top, for himself and for Trez. This year we will probably be more offensive in the midfield.

In any event, I was hoping Ibra would be sold even before the season. His antics, on the field and off, don't make him high on my list.

3. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    trez wants to break the plantini record. He will not go.. bye bye ibra

4. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd rather lose Ibra. As a Lyon fan and Juve fan, I wouldn't cry if Juve loaned Trez out for a year.

5. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Aye, Captain! I'm with you. I too was not a fan of some of the stuff. I don't know how much patience he tested with the board, but he looked ready to be sold last winter.

Think of other guys they sold in the past, like the great Baggio. They paid Michael Schumacher $22 million dollars that year for Ferrari F1 and wanted to give Roby only $2 million at Juve. So, I'm suprised Ibra wasn't already sold and in a Chelsea uniform by March. Oh well. Go figure...

6. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle
  7. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would definately keep Trezeguet,,,,but on the downside hes much older than Ibra, so........either one would be fine(Remember: you still have Alex,Bojniov,Lucarelli,etc.)

With Alex and Lucarelli not getting any younger,maybe Ibra wouldnt be so bad.Give the kid some time,hes still young. I actually think serie B would be good for him and even get him back into form

8. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Trez is 29/30 imbras 24

9. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Trez is 28, will be 29 in a few months.

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i want them both to stay. if i had to choose, id let Trez go. Zlatan got five years on him.

11. small-axe

small-axe New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    I wouldn't lose much sleep if they both left. Ibra's BS will be even more annoying in Serie B. As for Trezeguet he is a brilliant scorer, but he offers little else and tends to disappear for long spells...not my favorite player. I would prefer to develop younger talent (Palladino, Bojinov, etc...). For the right price, I say sell them both.

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    thats like saying a goalie doesnt do much and then he makes two unbelievable saves to keep a clean sheet. doesnt that sound idiotic to you?

13. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ibra. He makes more mistakes than any other current player.

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    what you dont know could fill a book.

15. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We will just have to agree to disagree. You like Ibra. I can't stand him. We can never agree on anything regarding Ibra. It's as simple as that.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i dont like Zlatan any more then any of the other players. but you hate him. and your posts clearly shows that. youre not objective and youre just talking shit.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So you are saying that every time he touches the ball, it is a perfect touch? Haven't you notice any situation where he has just given the ball away or mistimed his movements?

18. Bianconeri29

Bianconeri29 New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    California
    I would like Ibra leave too, I've never liked him. He misses a lot of chances and took Del Piero spot. His atittude was disgrace lately. I would be more happy if he leaves than to stay.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    where the hell did you get that i think Zlatan is perfect? please find some post somewhere where ive said everything Zlatan does is perfection. you keep saying everything he does is wrong. it doesnt have to be one of the two. its obviously somewhere in between but you dont understand that. maybe you need to grow up a bit.

20. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle

This topic is so good because somehow it is really not about people hating Ibra or people questioning his talent. In this forum it is really about Del Piero losing his spot to some other striker. If Ibra leaves somebody else will steal the starting spot from ADP. Don't you guys get that ADP is getting REALLY old for a striker? He will not be able to be a starter over a course of an entire season because he will get injuries!!! Somebody that is 32+ and play striker or midfield cannot hold up a starting spot unless they are extreme physical specimen and let's face it Del Piero is NOT. The same goes for Nedved. Age is the reason he gets injured all the time...
    If you really like Juve then I don't understand how you can dislike every player that steals the starting spot from ADP, because then you don't know much about football.
    Hate Ibra all you want if that is what it really is then, fine but don't blame Ibra for ADP not starting.

21. Captain Hamhock

Captain Hamhock New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    NYC
    I think the think that irritated me most was Ibra's attitude at being subbed constantly for ADP. I don't think anyone is under the illusion that ADP can play a full 90 minutes each game if the league, coppa and Champions League schedules. However, when it was clear that ADP was hitting a run of good form last year, at the same time Ibra struggled, many of us wondered why ADP didn't start more often and play 60-70 minutes, rather than coming on or being subbed at the half. The fact that the #1 goalscorer of all time had to take a backseat to a whiney Ibra irritated many of us. Plus, he had no finishing touch last year. He had moments of brilliance, to be sure, but there are only so many times you see Ibra scuff a relatively easy header or tap in before you start to get annoyed.

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i couldnt agree more, del piero wasnt out best player but he was the heart and soul of juve last leason just look at our performances while he was injured last season, plus in serie b del piero should definetly start becuase he plays well as a support striker, and if i remember correctly deschamps used a trident attack with monaco in their CL runners up season. Plus he can definetly still give 60-70min a game this season seeing as there is no champions league and we are in a lower division. also the younger players like palladino and bojinov both said it was their dream to play along side del piero.

23. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Well, I agree with you, but Ibra getting too much playing time was Capello's choice and not something that I bra decided.
    Yea, Ibra struggled really bad and I don't think that his biggest fans would argue with that. It happens to a second year, young player and it has happend to many big stars in the past. Now if he struggles this season as well, well then he has lost it but...
    Ibra has an attitude and it may irritate you, but at the same time I think that his attitude is what has gotten him to where he is. He has a similar background to Rooney and Henry and they also have their attitude.
    Love him or hate him, he is still a HUGE talent and Juventus will be better off with him than without him!

24. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle
    I am willing to bet you money that the strikers will be hacked even harder in B so I totally disagree with you when you think that ADP could last 60-70 min per game for the entire season.

25. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with most points of this posts but there were the occasional moments in which ADP shouldn't have been started. Those were mostly in the big matches like Juve's match against Bayern Munich in the CL. He had a poor first half and the Nedved came on to set up a goal for Trez. I think even Zlatan had a part in that goal.

When did I say that? I said that he makes lots of mistakes or that he makes too many of them. Not everything he does is wrong. He did score seven goals in the Serie A so I wouldn't classify that as seven mistakes.