Who would do better in Italy, Gerrard or Lampard?

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by LeboViola, May 8, 2007.

1. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    An argument my friends and I have is which of the two english midfielders would be more successful in italy if they were ever to move to the greatest league in the world. Please feel free to add your 2 cents and help us settle (or continue) this argument as we are interested in the opinions of others.

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    both would have to develop to the italian game in Serie B, to ever make it. They would be running around like headless chickens in Serie A.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

ha, well that's taking it too far :).

my vote goes for gerrard, as I just feel he is the better player in any league, imo

4. maçon

maçon New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    toronto
    definitely gerrard. lampard is too inconsistent and regularly shies away from the big games. serie a would eat him alive.

5. joeginto

joeginto Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I disagree. I watch plenty of both (EPL and Serie A) and they'd both do very, very well in Serie A. I think it would be an upset if either of them weren't the best players routinely on the pitch during a Serie B match. There would be some exceptions but... I think they'd both score 10-12 goals in Serie A. Just my $0.02...

6. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    interesting..... i chose lampard to do well in serie a based on Juve's past interest in lampard. Gerrard is great, but liverpool players (excluding Ince) dont do too great in italy. but i just dislike liverpool so maybe im biased. :p

7. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    I chose Gerrard IMO he and Terry and England's only world clas players and both could probably make it in any league. Lamps is a decent player but he's not as "complete" as Gerrard.

8. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Gerrard would fair better. Lampard is a joke ;)

9. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    There too quick for their own good in italy, i'm not sure if they could slow down their game. They would be alright on counters, thats if they do just end up booting the ball forward instead of giving it to runner, when they have the ball. They also need to learn to play a more defensive part to their game. I think if they went to B to learn the italian game, they would be far greater in Serie A, rather than just moving there straight away. Serie B has worked wonders for Mancini, Taddei, Jiminez, etc, etc.

10. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    cant argue with that. but gerrard and lampard are too old for serie b as a developmental league. just chuck them in serie a and watch them go.

11. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Gerrard would do better, because he is a better player. Lampard would do fine too in Italy though... I'm hoping one of the two is on the move this summer.