Who would be soccer world champion 2014 in Brazil?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Deutscher Meister, Jan 15, 2014.

1. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you cant see the bigotry in his comment then I can help you and you probably have the same thought process he has. To say that all african teams are dumb in tactics as the reason they cant win the world cup is simple racist.

[]__[]

zahzah repped this.
  2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nah. He might have been underestimating those African teams, but it's not racist. One can say Scandinavian teams lack skills and tactical know-how to win WC, and they'd be right, and they wouldn't be racist. One can say that about USA as well. And Peru. And Australia, Japan, India, Poland, and the teams from Africa who qualified.
    Of course, those teams could surprise, but they aren't among the favourites to win it.

Besides, he didn't even say "all african teams are dumb in tactics". I could admit that that would be racist in my books too, but obv that's not what he said.

3. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dage and JamesBH11 repped this.
  4. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Look at Serbia last world cup. Physically and athletically gifted, golden generation and arguably the best defensive team in the world at the time.

Or what about Portugal in 06. Extremely talented, had everything they needed but were tactically stupid for their over reliance on Ronaldo.

They were too tactically dumb to win it. I guess that's racist too.

5. futbol561

futbol561 New Member

May 5, 2014
    I will say the US...I have to root for my home country until they are out. Should be after the loss to Ghana. ;)

6. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Spain of course

7. williamnantz

williamnantz New Member

May 13, 2014
    NSW
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brazil & germany in the final....
    n germany will conquer

8. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    1. Argentina
    2. Portugal
    3. Brazil
    4. Italy

9. atraxus

atraxus New Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whenever the World Cup has been held on the American continent it has been won by a South American team.
    Uruguay in 1930 and again in 1950, Brazil in 1962 and 1970, Argentina in 1978 and again in 1986, and the last time it was held in the Americas in 1994 it was won by Brazil. I fully expect a South American team to win again this time. I think Brazil will triumph on this occasion as there is huge expectation on them to succeed and I cannot see them failing in front of their home fans. Argentina will give a good account of themselves and if Brazil should fail, then I can see Argentina winning. Spain will not retain the World Cup as no European team has ever won on the American continent and it is 52 years since a team successfully defended the World Cup.

10. Klose_fan

Klose_fan Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany over Spain is my vote. At least silver this year guys!
    Brazil overrated especially after watching yesterdays game.

Klose to take record as all time World Cup goal scorer.