Who will win the world cup 2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Colm, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, we've seen the groups and know who's gonna play who in the group stage. So as the draw has been made who do you think will win the world cup?

2. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Props to the Americans who had the balls to say the USA will win it.

3. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think there could be some kind of home field advantage in tournaments like this?

4. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First off, the poll was about who will win the world cup, not who you want to win. Secondly, it is absurd that the United States and Mexico (and mind you, i'm Mexican-American) would garner more votes than the likes of England, Argentina, Holland, Italy, France, or the Czech Republic. I think that, at this point in time, even Sweden and Portugal have more of what it takes to win it all than either the US or Mexico, though this could change in the very near future. (Look out for the US and Mexico to be serious contenders in South Africa 2010)

5. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Very true sad to say but i do agree with you.....im both a MEX and US fan and there is no way that either one will be able to win it. I mean both have shown MAJOR improvements but going against teams like Brazil,Argentina,Czeck Rep., Portugal,Germany(and others) who can honestly say that they are contendors for the final is going to be a challenge that will be very VERY hard to beat.

6. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    yeah pretty Bias ;) Especially after all the thread inthe US forum which showed lack of confidence their team

7. Craps

Craps New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Valencia
    I am hoping, and thinking that the Czech Republic can surprise everyone and win. Voted for them. Whoever voted for the U.S. needs to be slapped with a dead trout, because they're not gonna win.

8. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA
    I voted for Germany. I hink the home advantage will help them find their game.

9. AtlasZorritoX4

AtlasZorritoX4 New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    ~NORTHERN CAL14NIA~
    USA???????HAHAHA!..man i dont think so. I also dont think that Brazil will win...im not sure who is.

10. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Keep laughing bro, never doubt the undoubted ! ! ! Underdogs seem to surprise a lot of people.

11. 2-8-0

2-8-0 Red Card

Aug 4, 2005
    Certainly not Brazil or England :)

12. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps. But there does seem to be a "home field" advantage in this poll. :D

I voted for Holland. Time for someone new, and they have the talent and an almost-home-field advantage, at least in that Holland will never get to host a Cup due to it's small size. Germany is about as close as it will ever get. That helped them get close in 1974, and Germany isn't nearly as good now as they were back in 1974, so this is Holland's best shot for a long time to come.

13. Bubs2522

Bubs2522 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Connecticut
    As long as they do not have to play Portugal...holland can't seem to beat them

14. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, we know your Mexican @$$ voted for Mexico in this poll more then once...

15. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are there really 111 people (and counting) who think that USA going to be worldchampion?

hahahaahah

16. kaworu10

kaworu10 New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    hey, where's Korea!!!

17. Nutty

Nutty New Member

Aug 26, 2002
    NJ
    I love to see the positive thinking here, actually. In the USA men threads you'd think the sky is falling, everyone complaining about the draw. I think a fan should believe in their team no matter what the odds, and I think fans from all 32 teams should think their team is going to win.

18. gazzsamurai88

gazzsamurai88 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    the US really need more doctors in their country because i think you guys are going crazy!!
    WTF?!@? 117 peeps and 17.21% voted for USA

19. Madison midfielder38

Sep 29, 2005
    Ohio
    That is exactly what im saying I still believe USA can win the group.
    I voted for USA on the poll.

20. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Not much love for France, Spain and Sweden. 3 very good teams with apparently very little BigSoccer support.

21. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    True, but since no one has a crystal ball into the future, the alternative then is to vote for who we want to win.

22. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I would love the US, Ghana, Australia, Japan, Ivory Coast or South Korea to win the World Cup. The Saudis, Angola and T&T although that would be far-fetched. It would be so healthy for the game. After 2002, anything can happen with a bit of luck. Let's have a change in the football world order!

23. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    I have a feeling it's gonna be argentina, i don't really know why, i don't really follow them at all I just have a feeling it's gonna be them. After seeing those groups I don't think the US is gonna make it no matter how optimistic they're gonna sound from now until June, even though I think it'd be really cool if T&T won it, they won't, but if they did that'd be so cool

24. soccerguy3119

soccerguy3119 New Member

Oct 25, 2005
    we all know brazil is goin to win it

25. soccerbijoux

soccerbijoux Member

Jun 18, 2005
    Miami
    Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy And Holland Have Lots Uv Good Players Some Uv The Best In The World. The Winner Will Be One Uv These Guys. My Money Is On Argentina And Brazil At The Final. It Will Be A Great Final. Third Place Will Be Between Germany And Holland.