Who will win the Serie A in 05/06?

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by BMike86, Jul 19, 2005.

1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally think that it will be either Juve or AC. But since AC had came a shootout away from winning the CL last year, and since they are coming to town next week to face off the Fire, I will say AC Milan.

But why do you guys think about Serie A? :D

2. ddbboommbb

ddbboommbb Red Card

Aug 26, 2004
    It must of took you a long time to think up those two teams, good work, juventus or ac milan, your brilliant, I was leaning more along the lines of maybe parma or chievo but now that I think about it juventus and ac milan are better picks, you deserve a standing ovation for your wonderful predictions, why dont you add Inter to them and you will have a 99.9% chance of getting it right. bravo

3. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    this is me in rabid fanboy mode, but I really think that if Zamps comes through with Miccoli, we have a shot. Talk about the final piece to the puzzle. Miccoli + Caracciolo w/ Makinwa on the bench when we need him? With Brienza and Corini in the middle? Sanatana and Gonzalez on the D? Good God, man! If anything, We should finish no lower than a CL spot, and do CONSIDERABLE damage in the Coppa and in the UEFA Cup.

VOLARE.

4. ENZO!82

ENZO!82 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Caserta - Italy
    Milan....with Gilardino...it's very hard for Intern and Juve! :rolleyes:

5. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Way to go out on a limb and take a chance on predicting that Juve or Milan will win Lo Scudetto! I'll take a wild guess, and predict that the Patriots or Eagles might compete for the Super Bowl title this upcoming season.

Roma will be the dark horse in Serie A and will surprise everyone in spite of FIFA's attempts to hurt the club. IMHO, Totti will lead Roma to Lo Scudetto this year.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    what has fifa done to roma?

7. AllNamesWereTaken

AllNamesWereTaken New Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Norman, Oklahoma
    I have to agree that Milan with Gilardino is going to be extremely hard to defend. All of that talent up front will be almost impossible to stop. Can't stand them, but you have to say the favorite is Milan

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I wish this was a public poll, so I could see who voted for Chievo. :D

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i agree. i hate undercover votes. anyway, whoever votes for anyone but inter, milan and Juventus need a cat scan. no one else has a chance ;)

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well I'd say Firenze and Roma are "capable", but the odds are nearly zero ofcourse.

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    theres always a chance. but theyre slim. to say the least. id give milan and Juventus 40% chance. and inter 19%. the rest 1% chance.

12. spanishfan1

spanishfan1 New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    I say a new team needs to win it, I'll go with inter. milan may have gilardino and shechenko, but inter has Adriano.

13. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're saying Adriano is better than Shev and Gila. Wow you're crazy

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    id take adriano before either of those two.

15. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inter's offence of Martins and Adriano can not compare to Shev and Gila.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    why not?

17. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan

Gila -23 goals
    Shev (injured)- 17

Martins- 11
    Adriano(injured)- 16

Shev-24
    Gila- 23

Adriano-17
    Martins- 7

18. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Well let's look at the starting line ups of the top three and see where each one stands.

1. AC Milan - Dida, Cafu, Stam, Maldini, Nesta, Gatusso, Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka, Shevchenko, Gilardino.

2. Juventus - Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Zambrotta, Canavarro, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved, Trezegeut, Ibrahimovich, Camoronesi.

3. Inter Milan - Toldo, Cordoba, Burdisso, Materazzi, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Veron, Solari, Adriano, Obafemi Martins, J.Zanetti.

Overall all three teams are tied for me in the goalkeeper department. All three are top class. As for defense Milan and Juventus are almost similar with Inter lacking behind a little bit because of Burdisso, but if they get Samuel they should be fine. In the midfield is the same situation again. AC Milan and Juventus are neck to neck while Inter has a different feel to it but just a little back of both. In the forward department I feel as if AC Milan and Inter are slightly ahead of Juventus for my liking. And if Mancini does get Samuel and also develops Pizarro from Udinese and Wome from Bologna Inter should be there at the end of the season. For me:

1. Inter Milan
    2. AC Milan
    3. Juventus

Why? Because of the three teams I feel as if Inter might not have all the stars of the other two clubs but are the most poised for success as we saw in the Coppa Italia this season.

19. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Yes but don't forget that is when they (Sheva and Gilardino) were the lone strikers on their team with the rest as support. Obafemi supports Adriano as we see by the goals. It will be interesting to see if Gilardino will score less to give Sheva more for the benefit of the team or vice versa.

20. giallorossissimo

Apr 8, 2005
    South Florida
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know about putting Sheva over Adriano but if Inter buy wisely this summer they have a serious chance of winning lo scudetto. I'm not naive though, and I won't rule out Juve to repeat or Milan to win.

In Mancini's first season he led Inter to a Coppa triumph. It's a start, and I think that if Inter correct their big mistake from last offseason which was selling, and more importantly not replacing Cannavaro (and no, Materazzi is not a worthy replacement) they could go pretty high up in the tables and in the Champions League. Chivu would be perfect for them but he's staying with la Roma :D . Then again, I predict that Wome will fit in well with the nerazzurri.

It's a shame they lost Vieri but did'nt get Gila. Oh well, Pizarro and Solari were good purchases so I expect good things from them.

As for Roma, well I think we've got a shot at the title. Last season was a disaster and we have a lot of fans to appease. As long as Totti vows to do his best, we're pretty much guaranteed a place on the upper half of the table. The FIFA thing hurt us badly but maybe the team will convert their grief and anger to goals. I expect that Roma will get to at least the UEFA cup quarterfinals and I would not rule out a victory there. We may not be able to handle the CL but I think we're better than a lot of the other clubs in the cup. Besides, two seasons ago we recovered from a disastrous eight place finish to find ourselves finishing second to Milan. After a poor showing this year (eigth in the table), history would be with us to compete for the scudetto.

I agree that Palermo may just be next season's darkhorse. Of course, with a UEFA cup berth everyone will expect a lot out of them. Then again, the Sicilians could fall prey to what happened to Fiorentina last season; a CL worthy squad who fell apart and NARROWLY avoided the drop to Serie B.

And mark my words, watch out for Lecce.

21. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Id beg to differ i think Adriano is close to the best in the world and he alone is proably a better strike force than gila and shava combined
    but i think we all knwo juve is taking it all this year

22. GStuto

GStuto New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    one striker isn't going to hand you a scudetto...it was obvious milans problem last season was NOT scoring.

you must also remember AC Milan isn't the only team making improvements.

remember we now have Mutu AND Vieira, a great striker and an outstanding midfielder.

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i think its horrible when people only look at goals when you compare someone. two goals can mean more to a team then five goals from another player. shevchenko and gilardino aint gonna score 47 league goals between them next season. and martins could have scored 20 too on a crap team as the lone option. both teams have two incredibly talented forwards. milan might have the edge, but its not by so much theyre not comparable.

but since the only thing you mritalian1210 can come up with are goals, here we go.
    player minutes goals minute-per-goal (2004-05)
    martins 1845 11 159mpg
    adriano 2400 14 171mpg
    total 4245 25 170mpg
    (15 goals in 17 games in european cups)

gilardino 3382 19 178mpg
    schevchenko 2488 16 156mpg
    total 5870 35 168mpg
    (7 goals in 18 games in european cups)

now, figure inn that gilardino and shevchenko were their teams first options, like marakana10 so wisely pointed out, ill take martins and adrianos numbers. if the brazilian hadnt slumped like a biatch for like three months, this wouldnt have been close. notice how gilardino is the least effective of them all.

just for spite ill throw in that Trezeguet scored a goal per 149 minute ;)

24. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'd like to lodge a complaint that Fiorentina isn't even listed as one of the choices. Are you saying we don't even stand a chance? :)

25. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Very nicely put. Goals per minute is what usually counts. And as I said before, who will be the striker to back down or score less? Plus don't forget Vieri and Pippo! So if Inzaghi gets back to full fitness Milan have a big problem on their hands, and if Vieri starts producing don't be suprised to see Gilardino sitting on the bench for his first season with the Rossioneri.