Review: Who will win the Premier League 08/09???

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by AussieLFCfan, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How old are you again?

2. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    You have higlighted my post in a vain attempt to imply I contradicted myself? If you actually read it you would see that Riva and Keane (both on 35 International goals) getting the same total is fully accounted for in my post.

No Italian has ever scored more International goals than Keane - true.
    Keane has outscored every single Italian player except Riva - true.

You are just embarrassing yourself even more. :D

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I thought Keane had 34.

You're right. That was embarrassing.

I see now that if Keane was Italian he would obviously have been the greatest ever. I guess he just have to do with being the best Liverpool player in history.

4. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

it will benefit my NT :rolleyes:

5. {CFC IGHT}

{CFC IGHT} New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheat? i know that ref was a little retarded but that was a great dive. umfourtatnely that is part of the modern game. thats how italy won the world cup. and how the hell is arsenal going to win? they cant even beat dynamo kyiv. how are they going to beat teams in the later rounds? and i agree with the vela thing.:D

6. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True, but the only time is going to start is in the Carling Cup right now. :p

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's funny. Italy have never been at that Gerrard level. Even Inzaghi ain't that much of a diving cunt.

8. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Keane has also played many more games than probably all of the Italian strikers. Keane has 85 caps, while Baggio only has 56. So therefore whatever point you are trying to make is pretty much stupid, bevause he has simply had more chances to score. Plenty of Italian players have a better goal to game ratio’s than Keane. Baggio, Inzaghi, and Vieri to name a few all have a better goal to game ratio, with a lot less caps to their names.
    Anyways, I think Keane is still an awesome players and I don’t really see why he’s getting all of this hate.

9. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Try reading this thread first. The point I was making was to refute a suggestion by the person I replied to, that Keane was a pathetic player because he missed a good chance in a game. You can talk about ratios all you want but 35 International goals for a team like Ireland is not to be dismissed.

10. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m not trying to dismiss his achievements, he’s a damned fine player my friend. And I don’t agree with what the others are saying about him. However whatever point you were trying to get across is in fact dumb, because he’s played more games than most Italian strikers…of course his goal tally will be higher, it’s common sense.

Riva - 35 goals in 42 games
    Robbie Keane - 35 goals in 85 games

11. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    My point was not that Keane was better than Riva or anyone else. My point was that Keane was not a pathetic player for missing a chance in one match. I was merely highlighting his achievements. I could just as easily cited the fact that he has scored more than 100 Premiership goals. You needn't get all sensitive about your Italian heroes. I was not belittling them.

12. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    First time here. I think that Chelsea have a very good team and a coach that knows what he is doing, In England i like ManUtd but Chelsea is on a great moment.

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Awesome? Keane? If he's awesome the word has lost all it's meaning.

14. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So he's in a scoring slump for Liverpool? He's always been a good player before this season.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There's a big, big difference between being good and awesome.

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    anyone but chel$ki, yes even tottenham can take this:D

17. Sideline Soccer

Sideline Soccer New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Have to go with Man U but it will be difficult. I agree that Ronaldo won't have a similar season as before but he'll still score and win games.

18. FoxSkipper

FoxSkipper New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Thailand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manchester United for sure!!

19. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  20. Sunny75014

Sunny75014 New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I've voted for Liverpool because I think it's the most realistic choice. Although they git kicked out of the Champions League and they are definitely disappointed, it gives them the time to focus on the Premier League. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United are a lot busier...