Who will win the jupiler league?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never met a Belgian I didn't like, plus they have that great beer. Love the waffles and chocos as well. Hopefully Omnikell will bring some back.

2. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Welcome back ! it's my turn now to have computer problem at home.I'm posting these days from work but I'm afraid I'll desappear these coming days for a short (I hope) period of time :(

3. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    I don't disagree with you but from what I can see you're living in Antwerpen which is not the quietest city to live in Belgium politically speaking so that's probably why you you're talking about racism and political tensions but I welcome you with great pleasure :D
    BTW I won't do any comment about beer as it seems obvious that we're the best in this matter as you've certainly noticed ;)

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Welcome Gagnons, in which neighbourhood of Antwerpen do you live?

5. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Thx mates,
    I live near Hoboken -here it comes- KIEL! :D
    I'm planning to go watch La Louvière - GBA and secretly support for Mike Klukowski :D, I'm looking for to see what they've done to their stadium, maybe we can actually sit down :D
    Gerby is right, its way calmer in the south than it is here, maybe as exception Charleroi.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very cool stuff guys. Are you practically neighbors?

7. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Since he lives in Antwerp, chances are big that he might be living 3 miles/few kilometres from here. To be honest, with 3 hours driving, u can get to the south so the way i see it, were all neighbors
    But I dont know, where u from Tomo?

8. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I live near the Stuyvenberg Hospital, so quite far from you.
    Which cafés do you visit?

9. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Stuyvenberg sounds familiar... Is that near St-Jans place?
    Oh I visit Irish pubs :p and this bar called De Tijd, the owner is Canadian and it welcomes many travellers. Local bars here are De Ton and Stadion sometimes but jesus the cops or the hooligans f...... the door.. Lots of stuff happening here!! I love this mentality :D , very competitive, u dont see that in North America>>>> soccer hooligans that is.

Makes me think of that one episode of the simpsons where they had a soccer game, no one was actually playing on the field and after the game, the supporters practically burned down the hole city out of frustration lol

10. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    I was in Antwerp in late August to see "Le Cirque du Soleil".Very nice city.Had lunch at "Nanno" a "fusion" restaurant,it was excellent.

11. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    It's not too far from St-Jansplein. You've never been for a drink in the city center? Have you visited petrol already?

12. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Well, I've been around the Cathedral lol, Linkeroever, Groenplaats, the mair, so on... but I've never heard of Petrol, what is it?

13. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    They organize parties in an old petrol building every thursday, friday and saturday. It's on the banks of the Schelde in the absolute south of the city.

14. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    sounds cool, i might check it out but i work most of the time, Im already booked for 3 weeks starting tomorrow... but I'll try to keep that one in mind