Who will win the jupiler league?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHA! I'm on my way to Katonah in an hour to pick up my nephew. If you have the urge to bring back some chocos and waffles on your next trip I'd meet you in that area to pick it up ;)

Heck I have €20 waiting to spend ;)

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome FcBlover. Good to have another local hanging around.

3. Albert II

Albert II New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Belgium
    RC Genk looking to strengthen themselves with canadian Klukowski, who's starting his third season at La Louvière. Should be a good player for the team.

4. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    Anderlecht has an eye on him too.It's true that this good is a real good defender.

5. FcbLover

FcbLover New Member

Aug 27, 2004
    in a house
    club brugge also, anderelcht schouldn't look for a defender, but for a forward, since all the troubles with aruna ;)

6. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    For sure but who can you get for a minimum of money...?
    ...an unknown guy or an old star (such as Ravanelli or somebody like that !).
    I think that if Aruna leaves now the club won't buy an striker they will cross fingers that no one wil be injured (double cross fingers for Iachtchouk !) during the CL.

7. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Anderlecht anounced they will only be talking to Aruna after tuesday, when the transfer period has passed. They said they understand the complaint of the player, but they regretted the way it was done.

8. Albert II

Albert II New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Belgium
    Standard lose again, this time from newcomers FC Brussels.
    What's with this club? At the start of the competition they're al big talk like 'This will be the year of Standard!' and 'This season we're playing for the title.', but after a few games it's back to the same old misery.
    There's still a lot of matches to play but if they want to be a real threat to Anderlecht or Brugge they have to get their ******** back together soon. :mad:

9. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Normally if Standard starts bad, they end good and the other way around.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aruna's imminent departure leaves me to think that Anderlecht has to look to eastern europe, Scandinavia, or Africa for a replacement.

Although another option would be to try and bring Sonck back to Belgium.

11. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Why don't they try to bring a Brazilian or Argentinian future star player to Belgium. They tried it once with three Brazilians in the beginning of the 90's and it didn't work out. Afterwards they never tried it again.
    Ronaldo was offered to Anderlecht one season before he went to PSV, but they were affraid because they thought he was too young.
    I think they should try and do it this way.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be great. Hard to believe River Plate's Cavenaghi went to Spartak Moscow.

13. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    :eek: The Russians seem to have enough of money.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably mafia money, but still builds a team.

15. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    PanicFC: Maybe I should have set a date to close this poll. Could you do it?

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't see a way to close the poll. I'll ask around.

17. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg
    I will bring you back a Gooch bobble head for that price :D

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are the man!

hope you are having a great time.

When do you get back home?

19. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004

What do u people base yoursel on? I knew that Genk was interested but Mike rejected the offer out of fear that he would find himself sitting on a bench. Well thats what i heard anyways.
    Personally I think Mike is going to stay untill the end of his contract, which is 2006 i think.
    Oh and by the way, brugge is probably going to win this year.
    I think its best for the other teams to concentrate on CL and the UEFA cup. And yea I'm also wondering how Beveren will do, i love the way they play. Little African team in Northern Belgium.
    Next game in CL for Anderlecht will be home against Werder Bremer, Its a must for Anderlecht to win. No offense and all but I'm supporting Werder Bremer in this one, simply because i support the players of my national team>>> Paul Stalteri.
    If there are any other Canucks or Americans that would like to have more info about the Belgian League, just ask :)

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm back. Computer trouble. Problem fixed now. Carry on. :D

21. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Welcome Gagnons, I'm sure we'll have plently of questions for you and all the Belgian posters here :).

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, welcome Gagnons.

That Staltieri is a great guy. Put him anywhere on the pitch and he does the business.

Who is Mike?

23. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Michael Klukowski, a Canadian national team player that plays for La Louvière for now. His teammates call him Mike, unless its a habit for shouting Mike and then gaze around while playing, im pretty sure its him :p .
    Yea too bad stalteri isnt playing tonight against honduras due a red card. Its a hole in our defense. Ah i keep telling myself that Canada will shine in 5 years or something, it keeps me going... :rolleyes:

Thx its great to be involved in soccer forum.

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know about Mike, didn't know we were talking about him - but good info.

Stick with that 5 year dream, I'm saying the same thing about West Ham.

How do you like living in Belgium?

25. Gagnons

Gagnons New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    ah belgium is alright i guess but to be honest its not my kind of people. I prefered living in england or france. There are a lot of political tensions here and a lot of racism but i have to watch my words cuz there are belgians here that will probably highly disagree with me. Oh but they have great beer!!

Yea someone said something about Klukowski earlier in this thread... like in august or something, just wanned to bring it back in.