Who will win the CL 07/08?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Viola Star, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC

2. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar

3. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    :p Quaresma alone would run circles around Lazio.

4. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    Haha ye right, Portuguese league is nowhere near the standard of Serie A, put Quaresma in Serie A and see how well he does! I'd much rather Mauri, Rocchi or Pandev in my team than Quaresma!

5. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Then why don't we hear about Atletico, Real, and Chelsea wanting them:confused:

7. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    The seeding says all the truth that is needed when comparing Lazio and Porto. Oh and the fact that Porto has actually won the whole thing twice.

8. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA

hahahaha Just like he ran cicles around Inter Milan in the CL please Lazio have a 43 year old in the nets and barely passed Dinamo Bucaresti so Shut up

Pandev hahahahahahahahahah

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Well, to be fair, another massive club in Barcelona had Quaresma and discarded him. The interest in him only resurged when he left la Liga for
    the less difficult Portuguese Superleague (no offense, just stating facts). I've always seen the guy as Ronaldo lite. I don't think he can cut it against the best opposition; but that's just my opinion.

10. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    A fair comment, but you have to remember a few things:
    1) Quaresma was 19 at the time. Not exactly the peak by any means. He is just barely getting there at the age of 23.
    2) He was given 10 starts, 11 sub appearances. Not much of a chance. If Tevez were to have been given the same amount of time at West Ham, he would have been labeled a flop as well.

Quaresma wasn't ready for a high profile transfer at the age of 19. Not a lot of players are. But he has shown that he can compete it high profile games and against tough competition.

And yes he is a little bit of a Ronaldo lite...but he is still a great player. I don't think there is a team in the world who would turn him down if he came on a free.

11. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lazio isn't included because you have to be good to be included, anyone who pays a player as bad as behrami should be disqualified immediately.

12. Bartio88

Bartio88 New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    What are you on about? Behrami is an explosive winger and very fast. Good player.If you said Manfredini you would have had a point.

Lazio does have the qualities to beat every team in Europe at home and they are very dangers on the counter away from home with Mauri (deadly passes), Rocchi and Pandev. So yes they could win the CL although other big teams are clearly more likely to do so because they have more extraordinary class players in their teams.

13. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    Thank you, finally someone who knows their stuff! Behrami is a brilliant player and you obviously dont watch Italian football if ya think hes a bad player wolfbestseagle! And ye Mauri, Rocchi and Pandev play brilliantly together and if they are on form we are a match for anyone.

We can win it but I doubt it though, we've a quality squad but arent as good as the likes of Inter, Barcelona or Real Madrid. Anyway if we dont win it I hope Inter do!

14. filmguy

filmguy New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Since I can´t start my own thread yet, I´ll post my questions in this rather relevant thread:

Does anyone know a good place/bar/pub in Boston for watching Champions League soccer? I want to see Real Madrid vs. Werder Bremen tomorrow. Preferably a place not too far from Northeastern University, but all suggestions are appreciated.

15. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They came in second, how much closer can you get? ;)

16. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL

I say give Lazio a break since they're new blood. Their home games are going to be a riot, literally. Meaning we'll have more negative attention, not to mention Roma playing MU again! :eek:

17. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If it's on ESPN2, just go to any pub and ask them to turn it on. There's an Irish pub in Boston somewhere, but I don't think it's close to you. #1 solution is to watch it online. If you don't mind a T trip, go to the Northend for the Italian team games.
    http://www.myp2p.eu/index.htm

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-11409.html

http://www.boston.com/ae/events/art...ut_red_sox_nation_is_filled_with_soccer_fans/

18. irishwhisper

irishwhisper New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Dublin,Ireland
    ITALIAN fans are the best in the world, dont forget that! Ultras have the power at the end of the day. I cant wait to be in the Curva Nord again :)

19. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's good and bad Ultras. I don't condone the violent ones. The ones with true passion are great. :)

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Right, with a penalized Milan and no Juve. And BTW, how many points were they from Inter again? ;)

21. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They won the Coppa Italia, that counts for something. lol

They're the best club in Italy today, so Roma has a good chance. They made it fairly far last year too.

22. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

HAHA

23. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Anyways, Valencia made a very impressive statement in Germany. Milan and Real Madrid also getting off to a good start.

Chelsea, maybe the biggest disappointment in matchday 1.

24. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Methinks Schalke fans have hijacked this poll :rolleyes:

25. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA

hahaha