Who will win the 2011-12 Concacaf Champions League?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by billyboy23, Sep 14, 2011.

1. RRS94

RRS94 New Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Monterrey
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, i agree with you, but i don't think that it should be used to justify a league's level. I do think that the salary cap is bullshit (as many other things in the mls), but it does level up the league I guess, when american national players get better the mls will get better (and they are getting quite better) but i guess you're right in the salary cap, for example damarcus beasley and hercules gomez would be DP in mls? wouldn't they??. But overall what i mean is not having salary cap doesn't mean that clubs can buy everything, UNAM for example hasn't bought a player like in 3 years, crazy.. greetings

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salary CAP explains part of it, Even that LA and NY have salaries of 10+ Million (80% on 3 players).

But yes as others mention 4 Million (average actual salary in MLS) is higher than most (if not all) Central American teams.

I would also bet that 4-5 million is about what Uruguay clubs pay their players yet Uruguay does much better than MLS against FMF teams.

So Salary is a reason (a big one IMO) but is not the only reason.

[​IMG]

By payroll Mexican teams should never lose to Central American teams or CFU teams, I think if we look at the CCL and do a points per dollar Honduras teams would come ahead over all other Concacaf clubs.

Arguably the best Mexican club when it comes to developing players. I wonder what Pumas will do once Martin Bravo and Dario Veron get too old. They are going to be hard to replace from la cantera.

3. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ahhhhhh. Good point (I hope TFC isn't included in that description - lol).

4. MexicanTeams

MexicanTeams New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ok my fellow Mexicans since we know that Santos is going to take care of Toronto we can assume that this CCL 2011-2012 will be successful (even though we lost at mexico to the MMLS for the first time in history 2x times). Therefore I think that it is time to start planning our conquest of the 2012-2013 CCL. As we know the MMLS is sending perhaps their strongest teams ever to the next edition of the CCL in :

1.Real Salt Lake(group winners over Cruz Azul and Runners up to Monterrey Last Year)
    2.Seattle Sounders(Almost defeated Monterrey in Mexico last year and defeated Monterrey in Mexico this year, made us nervous vs Santos this year in the Quaterfinals)
    3.La Galaxy(Almost defeated Morelia in Mexico and they have ********van who plays at 10000000000000000000000% against any Mexico team)
    4.Houston Dynamo(Tied Pumas in Mexico 4-4, 3 years ago and always play good against mexican teams just ask Pachuca, Monterrey, Atlante)

So Far we have:
    1.Santos (It will be their 4th appearance in the CCL and I firmly believe they have learned from their errors and will only get better Internationally against Central American and MMLS Teams)
    2.Tigres(It will be their 1st appearance and I know they have facking Tuca but even though he sucked at Libertadores the old man has a good knowledge and experience in the CCL having participated in the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 CCLs where he was eliminated by Cruz Azul twice in the Quarterfinals and Semifinals respectively. Besides that Tigres has a great team like Monterrey and the best fans in the Mexican League.
    Imagine the Volcan sold out for a CCL group stage game now that would be facking epic!

So to end this summary I ask all you, which 2 other Mexican teams would you like to see qualify for the 2012-2013 CCL?

I think we need a heavy hitter there like America or Chivas(imagine azteca hosting many CCL games, epic!!!) and another good team like Monterrey, Pachuca, Toluca to show the MMLS who is BOSS, AGAIN!!!

What do you think?

5. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Honestly, it doesn't matter if we send Tijuana & San Luis... Mexican teams will still be 3 or 4 of the Semi Finalists (when the tournament starts for realz).

Realistically the MLS & Central American clubs have not yet provided enough competition to reallly see what the FMF clubs are made of... they will have to up their game substantially before we see the FMF clubs really push themselves at the CCL level.

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the potential final Santos/Monterrey would be awesome....best final so far in the CCL era!

7. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is mmls? What is ****van?

8. MexicanTeams

MexicanTeams New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mickey mouse league

landon ****van

9. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh like the mexican baseball league, ok I get it.

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Keep it clean guys. Not a rivalry thread.

11. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    At least show MLS some respect by calling it by its proper name. I would never insult La Primera or its clubs in that manner. It's bush league.

12. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    In order to keep this thread from becoming rivalryesque, I'll just say that it will be impossible to get people to respect your league at this juncture. Look at the poll above. Galaxy had most votes to win it all, and they are gone. They had most votes last year and they didn't even make Group Stage.

Also, go and read many posts in their forum where people make ridiculous claims. The league is laughed at due to on-field results, but its fans make it so that it gets no respect and won't for a long time.

So it's best to not ask people to show respect. It's a futile endeavor at this particular point in time.

13. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexican baseball teams can actually win international competitions.......OHHHH BBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

:D;)

14. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's never futile. Simply take the high road.

15. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I believe you would vote for the "other" option brotha ;):D

16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    It is in this case. The high road would be to ignore criticism and just talk football.

17. MexicanTeams

MexicanTeams New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So fellow Mexicans which teams 2 other teams would you like to see join Tigres and Santos for next years CCL?

18. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Merida and Chilpancingo

19. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fyp :p

21. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Mexico now stands at 28 titles all-time. That's seven more than the rest of CONCACAF combined:

Code:
    [B]Countrywise list of winners[/B]

Mexico                   28

Costa Rica                6

El Salvador               3

Guatemala                 2
    Haiti                     2
    Honduras                  2
    Surinam                   2
    Trinidad and Tobago       2
    USA                       2

22. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gaps closing.

23. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I find it ridiculous that last year when RSL made the final people were claiming that the gap was closing when really the US has as many titles as Haiti and Suriname

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You did not understand

The gap was closing to catch El Salvador, but RSL lost so the gap did not close :(

25. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

the gap is closing guys

Canadian football with U.S. football