Who will win MLS Cup 2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by GPK, Nov 10, 2006.

1. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What say you?

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if they play bore the heck out of everyone soccer like the ir last 2 MLS Cups, the Revs will lose again....

If they dare play more open soccer, create chances.... i choose them to win....

3. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    The Revs are boring to watch in playoff games.....I am seriously hoping that Houston scores first so that NE doesn't kill the game right away.

Hoping NE will win it and think if Dempsey plans they will have a slight advantage....with Ricardo Clark suspended.

Cool things to look out for:
    -Ching got to go to the WC -- Does Twellman get his revenge and win the MLS Cup??
    -All canadian center midfield for Hou....Serioux and De Ro....could we get a sneak peak at the Toronto FC midfield?
    -will Dempsey and Joseph raise their transfer fee price with great games???

4. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston will have home field advantage, more fans in the crowd, and looked better in the previous rounds. Plus, I want New England to win; therefore they will lose.

Dynamo, 2-1.

5. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    NEW ENGLAND 1-0! TWELLMAN breaks out to score a goal!

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have Wahl saying Nicol would not commit to more adventerous soccer....OTOH, Dempsey according to Soccer 365 article will play this game,... Maybe in his last game in MLS before Europe, Clint can turn it up a notch and even have his team play more attractive, daring soccer than his team has in the playoffs (and that Nicol has wanted his team to play?)

7. Shopping Cart Man

Sep 21, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't know about this one.

The team I hated (Colorado) got knocked out by Houston, and the team I was bandwagoning (DC United) got knocked out by Houston, so I'm a neutral fan for this one.

The teams seem evenly matched in my opinion, and the difference maker might be who shows up to work. I remember that Clint Dempsey didn't have a great performance in last year's cup, and his lack of presence hurt the team.

The only difference may be the presence in the bleachers, with Houston bringing 4,000+ to Frisco this Sunday. That may slant my neutrality, and it also might pull Houston to victory.

Houston 3
    New England 2

8. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Houston is a better team though doesn't handle bunkers well because DeRo isn't a traditional #10, though he seems to keep getting better at short passing. Also, Clark out will hurt. Still I'd ride the better team: my guess is Houston finds a way to win it's 3rd MLS Cup.

9. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm a Colorado fan, so I can't be happy about Houston being in this. Also, seeing Dwayne, I just can't forget that HOU was SJ just a year ago. I hate big changes like that, though it's inevitable. To me, they are the Houston Earthquakes, honestly.

I've not been able to see New England too much this year, but have loved their style in the past. I also just like Matt Gum-Chewer Reis' on-field persona. Good GK as well.

Thirdly, I used to live in New England (Vermont), so, go regional teams.

11. Kung Fu Hamster

Kung Fu Hamster New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Yesterday I ran a FIFA07 simulation: Revolution 1-0 in regular time from a 66th-min. Twellman goal. For what it's worth.

Which means Dynamo 4-0 (3-0 @ half) in real life.

12. rockymtn_mike

rockymtn_mike New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Adams County, CO
  13. nerevfan

nerevfan New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Seattle
    NE Rev all the way, it's time for a MLS cup in NE after all the effort.

Peace
    D

14. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just cast the 330th vote and the decision is split dead even, 165 to 165. Wow.