Who will win euro 2012?

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Aspire732

Aspire732 Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, I hope not as well!! But who knows!! My last Spanish prediction was right against Portugal so let's see!

2. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What a victory by Spain... I didn't expect a one-sided final!

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The scoreline just goes to show that the Spanish players were right. Spain aren't boring, their opponents are. Italy was the one team that tried to play attacking soccer and they gave us an exciting game were Spain absolutely shined.

4. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Spain were an amazing team altogether. I was sure Germany would win the title though.

5. Mario Balotelli's Belly

Jul 4, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Disagree because Italy tried to play them in the first game and did, and did it quite well. For me the reasons why Spain won

* 3 days extra rest than Italy served as an advantage, add that to a fatigued Italian team
    * Motta going off injured Italy playing with ten men
    * Spain came out switched on, Italy sluggish and were rocked by the early goal
    * The most important one being Spain were just far too good. Even before Motta came off they should have had a penalty and it would have been 3 nil and still a blood bath. Di Natale had 2 chances to make it a game, he didn't, motta went off and it was game over.

For all this Spain talk, Croatia were denied 2 penalties and perhaps could have knocked them out. They were boring against France, Portugal were only a matter of centimetres away from knocking them out. Just beause of the final now everyone erases all the previous talk. I knew if Spain won Iniesta would get the player of the tournament also. It was all Pirlo before the final, yet that got erased too.

Don't get me wrong, Spain clearly deserved to win it. And no excuses in the final they demolished Italy, but I'm not going to ignore everything else because of one game. I think people also have short memories also. One of the best teams of all time? Well their feat of winning 3 successive cups has to put them in that equation, but last world cup they had four one-nil victories in the knockout phase and were lucky vs Paraguay and Holland, Liedson had some golden chances too in the 2nd round. Last world cup it wasnt like they swept all before them. 2008 beat a Pirlo-less Italy on penalties and penalties again this time vs Portugal. 2010 world cup final their goal came from what should have been a dutch corner, could have easily gone to penalties.

I repeat Spain have been the best team in the last 3 tournaments and deserve them all, but I wouldnt put them above the great Brazil of 1958, 62,70. 3 out of 4 world cups is sensational. But winning 3 major tournaments in this day and age when the game has evolved is a monumental task!

Worthy winners. And yes, no question one of the best of all time, but I dont think theyre as dominant as what theyre made out to be despite the facts pointing otherwise this European Championship.

6. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's open a thread who's gonna win the World Cup 2014. I say Spain.

Damn this will be exciting....:rolleyes:

7. Jason Tilt

Jason Tilt Member

Jul 7, 2012
    good call

8. Jason Tilt

Jason Tilt Member

Jul 7, 2012
    youre a genius. everything you said would happen, pretty much did. And youre right about this haha.

9. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They played some great football and controlled the matches they played. I fully agree. I didn't expect that the score in the final will be so high though.

10. Jason Tilt

Jason Tilt Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Disagree. Italy played them in the first game and played them well. I believe by the time the final came around Italy were just tired, banged up, Spain were more rested and that bit more switched on. A combination of everything contributed to the result. I wouldnt just put it down to Italy trying to come at them.

11. ApproachWithCaution

Dec 16, 2006
    South Wales, UK.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Well actually, the English lower divisions are not crap. I think The Championship is something like the 4th most watched league in Europe or something like that. Why? Because the lower leagues in England have a lot of historically big clubs and the football is even and exciting. Anyone can beat anyone n the Championship.

look at sides like Blackpool and Swansea and Newcastle who have all bne promoted to the Premier League in recent times, all of them came up and held their own. By playing attractive football. OK, Blackpool went down, but they still impressed.

Most countries in Europe don't give a flying f*ck about their lower leagues. It's different in England.

12. Jason Tilt

Jason Tilt Member

Jul 7, 2012
    lol! you sure showed them!

13. Jason Tilt

Jason Tilt Member

Jul 7, 2012
    bro you kept saying spain wouldnt win and now you look like the biggest fool the planest has ever seen.

14. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Did you expect Italy to win against Germany? It was a big surprise for me.

15. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Says a person from England. So Germany & Netherlands are choker's? What is England then? When exactly did reach England an semi-final last time? Oh wait, wasn't it Germany who sent you home last time and bevor then? And you didn't even play better than us we had more possesion though. Lucky England made it to quarter final. England can't play in fact they just copied the "Chelsea tactic". ch ch chokers?

16. californiabloke

Jan 16, 2010
    Rather good choices by me, but predictable indeed, since the 4 best sides (other than the Dutch) reached the semi-finals.

Other than Greece reaching the QFs, there were really no significant surprises.

I have now chosen correctly the winners of the last four major international tournaments!