Who will win Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by posteador, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who is going to win Copa Libertadores?

1. Fluminense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sao Paulo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Liga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. San Lorenzo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Boca

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Atlas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Santos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Final Eight: Who will win Copa Libertadores

Donde estan los bosteros? :eek:

Metro

2. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

Aqui. Por casa como andamosMetro?? No te preocupas que en Mejico ganamos

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

No, es que me llamo la atencion: cuando ganan, normalmente aparecen entre como 20. Y hoy pues....:eek:

Metro

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

Y bue, muchos tambien estan en el foro de Boca comentando :p

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Adriano é foda!!!!!!!

6. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América

Thanks, I liked the chant on tv, but i couldn't realy hear the words well, but now i searched it on youtube and i send the video to a river friend

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

São Paulo FC 1 - 0 Fluminense

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

I wasn't blown away by my team's play, but the difference was glaring.

SPFC fought far harder for every ball, every possession. Granted, Adriano's goal was probably the easier of his career - he used his right foot. But as the FOX Espanol guys were saying, if SPFC had kept up its momentum after the goal AND scored more, it would've been a goleada.

Fluminense was rattled, and they did show more poise in the 2nd half. But SPFC's defense was for the most part solid, and they frustrated Fluminense by fighting hard for possession of the football.

Conca has some good skills, and Renato Gaucho showed the typical malandragem carioca by standing so close to the sideline, prompting Oscar Ruiz to shout "SENTADO!"

All in all a solid, deserved win by a team that showed guts and showed Fluminense what Libertadores play is all about. But Fluminense can revert this at Maracana. My hopes rest on Adriano, on the defense - SPFC is very much able to hold a 0-0.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, you can't win the title if you miss your opportunities and expose defensive deficiencies in dead ball situations. Of course Boca can win it, but they need to be more effective at both ends.

10. Nuclear_Attack

Nuclear_Attack New Member

Sep 13, 2007

Of course I think Libertadores is hot shit. Now days clubs from everywhere have a chance but decades ago when players weren't treated like merchandise do you know how HARD it was to win the libertadores? With teams from Argentina, Brazil and specially Uruguay? those teams had historic players are extremely good teams, best teams in the world. Any team that made it into the Semis where very good teams, now days it has winded down do to the player market which it has affected countries specially Uruguay. I still give my respects to any club that wins it because it's not easy to do it.

11. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Is there an away goals rule in the Libertadores?

12. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008

Yes, same as in the Champions League. The away goals rule makes Atlas' 2-2 result at the José Amalfitani even more valuable.

13. UNLMTD FNDS

UNLMTD FNDS Member

Aug 19, 2007

Come on people you guys (BOCA FANS) are throwing words around as if this Boca has proven a lot this torney. They are EXACTLY WHERE THEY BELONG, one step behind Atlas. They couldn't capitalize in the group stages and ended second to Atlas, again they failed to capitalize when Atlas was at their WORST so they WILL pay in MEXICO! Must we forget the BJ- 3 ATL- 0 last time in ARG? Atlas played their game and got a result that was exactly what they were looking for besides a win (SOCRE AN AWAY GOAL!!!) Last time the Boca Ladies stepped on precious AZTEC soil they couldn't find the net, I think Stevie W and Ray Charles would have had a better chance. So don' t give me this BS rhetoric about your team and how great they are and try to tell me about their "History" because that is all it is, simply HISTORY! Just in case no one noticed Maradona retired a LONG time ago, Riquelme is hot garbage, the only way, I REPEAT ONLY way Boca will win in Mexico is if this Riquelme clown has a perfect game (we all know this is highly doubtful to happen). Boca will pay for the same deficiencies that cost Riquelme his stay in Europe, INCONSISTENCY! Atlas has gone far beyond expectations already, they are getting the job done with an EXTREMELY young and unexperienced squad. Now I am realistic UNLIKE 95% of the Boca "groupies", so I will go on to say this: The Next leg will be far from EASY for Atlas, but without the Home advantage, and sometimes partial officiating Boca will NOT get it done. Hopefully this will not be the end of Atlas' run and this young squad will find ways to continue producing positive results. So once again before you ladies talk so liberally, so arrogantly, but on top of all so stupidly please remember the 3-1 in Mexico and the second place finish to ATLAS in the group stages! In Mexico we will not see a COMPLETELY defensive Atlas Squad like we did today, we will see a WAY better Match in Mexico! My prediction Either 1-1 or 2-1 ATLAS! VAMOS ZORROS Y SALUDOS A LA 51!

14. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: En el nombre de Adriano

Si el Emperador está con ganas, como anoche, el Tricolor es serio candidato al título. Ningún defensor del Flu fue capaz de frenarlo en el Morumbí.

More...

15. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

Bold statement. I just hope they dont start blaming CONMEBOL if the results dont go their way.

16. Nuclear_Attack

Sep 13, 2007

jajaja Riqueleme is hot garbage?
    someone find this kid some videos because I think he started watching football maybe a month ago.

17. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

lol. i just hope conmebol doesn't suspend the away goal rule just before the second leg of this match.

18. UNLMTD FNDS

UNLMTD FNDS Member

Aug 19, 2007

Relatively speaking my buddy! But let me guess you are from Argentina? There are people like you in every country. Since I am a realist I will go on to say that there are too people like you in Mexico who hop on the HYPE train every time a new "crack" comes along. But to be honest Riquelme is nothing more than a failure, and we don't have to look far to prove this i.e. Barcelona and Villarreal. Now don't come in here talking out of your ass and start comparing him to Mexican players because I will be the first to admit that we have had our fair share of international failures word to Borgetti. So maybe my friend in reality you are the one in dyer need of those videos, maybe you should remove that Riquelme hype cloth in front of your eyes and start to act realistically. Maybe begin by realizing that this VERY soon to be 31 year old is not the answer to Argentinas National search for the heir to the Maradona throne and start focusing on players of greater caliber, word to Messi, one which I would not argue against. Riquelme is about to be at the end of his soccer career, he climaxed before ever going to Europe, and that my SON is a failure in my book (relatively speaking). A player who is held in such high regard and is given SOOO much respect does not play a game like Rique did last night, and I know everyone is entitled to a bad game every once and a while. But in Riquelmes case its more like, a good game every once in a while. I suggest that before you come in here with your short mediocre answers and analyze someone else's knowledge about this great sport you begin with a self evaluation. Once you do that go find some text and video like you suggested to me then and only then might you be able to come back here and regurgitate a substantive answer rather then your useless and ridiculous flaming one-liners.

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Sounds like you don't know much about football, based on your comments about Riquelme. Frankly, your post is garbage.

Props to Atlas, they played a very nice game, and I like the way they always come out to play football, whether it's in Buenos Aires or Santiago or anywhere. They don't have a lot of talent, but the players know their role and they play positive football as a team and always try to play for the win.

Realistically Boca should beat this team, but if they cannot go to Mexico and beat them, then we don't deserve to win it this year.

I think obviously our forwards are in a bit of a slump and our defensive problems on dead balls have been exposed. I think if we get past this round, if we get Ibarra and Paletta back, and Palacio and Palermo get back to their normal groove, we can win the tournament again this year. But the way they are playing now, I don't think we will.

As far as this round, I am confident Boca can win in Mexico, because we are the better team, but football is what it is, Boca should have won yesterday and they didn't, so Atlas deserves lots of credit. I like them, they are a classy team. If the worst happens and Boca doesn't win it, I hope Atlas does. It would be quite a story if Brindisi takes them to the title.

20. UNLMTD FNDS

UNLMTD FNDS Member

Aug 19, 2007

I wish this site had a STONE FACE because you deserve one sir. RELATIVELY SPEAKING what makes Riquelme SO GREAT? Aside from your Club affiliation and Nationality? Please read my comment above. SMH.

Why is my post Garbage? Did I hit that Riquelme nerve so many Boca fans seem to have? I stated in my post that he is trash. He played a horrible game how is that not accurate? Boca fans talk too freely and make it seem like they are SO GREAT, and want to act like the next leg will be a walk in the park. SMH lets get real, Riquelme and cast dug a hole for themselves in ARG last night. I never said that they can not win I just don't understand the over confidence you guys posses, everything is possible, word to club America in BRAZIL.

21. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

My Mexican ass says Riquelme is not garbage.

Anyone who has seen him play and knows anything about the game knows that.

Now if you think he can't lead Argentina to the World Cup than that is one thing. But to say that he is garbage is stupidity.

Sock or just another stupid noob?

22. Nuclear_Attack

Sep 13, 2007

You guessed WRONG. I'm Colombian and only a person with little knowledge of football would say Riquelme is a bad player. What's next Tevez and Messi are "hot garbage" just because they're from Argentina?
    pffff get serious and more objective next time.

23. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

lol. hot garbage.

24. UNLMTD FNDS

UNLMTD FNDS Member

Aug 19, 2007

Accomplishments my friends. I am yet to read a post that answers my question. What makes him SO GREAT? And to the little kid above me, I said Messi was unarguably great, never did I bring Nationality into play other then when I stated that Argentinians give Riquelme too much credit. I have nothing against Argentinians, I was simply talking about Riquelme. So someone please answer my question. Again I REPEAT, Relatively speaking, what makes Rique so great, compared to actually GREAT players in the same field position.

Riquelme doesn't belong in any type of elite category or group.

25. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Maybe it would be a good idea if you take posts like this to World Rivalries, this is the CONMEBOL forum after all, and I personally wouldnt like inflamatory comments against Mexican teams and/or players in the Mexican forum.

Chill dude, there is a place for everything here in Big Soccer.