Who will win Copa Libertadores Final

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by ecuafutbolfreak, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    :D Just happy Liga made it this far! Will be even happier if they win it!

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Por el trono de América

Habrá un nuevo campeón continental y esta noche chocan en el primer chico. Liga Deportiva Universitaria recibe a Fluminense desde las 21:50. Seguilo Minuto a Minuto.

More...

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Look for Fluminense to win it.

In the 21st century, every year that Boca was eliminated from Libertadores, the team that eliminated them ended up winning the title. The only exception was Chivas of Mexico.

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bieler sends his regards to Veron.

5. lineofire

lineofire New Member

May 1, 2008
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Liga is putting the Brazilians away early. 4-1 at halftime!

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Flu looks terrible out there, this could be a huge goleada if they keep playing like the way they been playing.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well it's 4-2 now, about 35 minutes left, plus a complete match, i don't think it's over yet.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cmon LDU, 1 or 2 more without conceding please.

9. lineofire

lineofire New Member

May 1, 2008
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Fluminense got very lucky that off-the-post shot didn't go in. Down 3 goals even in the Maracana would have been almost insurmountable; two is definitely more manageable.

10. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. LDU Quito 4 - 2 Fluminense

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have seen leads like that go down the drain that were just as insurmountable as what LDU would have had in this tournament..:rolleyes:

12. lineofire

lineofire New Member

May 1, 2008
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Hence the almost... :D

The keeper did a great job of corraling the ball though.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fluminense has had the luck of a champion in this tournament. Everything has been going their way. Their keeper is horrible, probably the weakest link by far on their team, and he has been playing the best football of his career in the Libertadores. Earlier in the year, Flu was scrambling to find a top GK because they had no trust in him. This is a type of player that a European club will spot and think is very good and ends up being an absolute disappointment.

14. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I'm a bit confused here.:confused: Do they not use the away goals rule in the final?? Am I reading the Brazilian websites correctly when they're saying Flu has to win by three or more?? Hey Mengo, I know you're anti-Flu and all but can you clear this up??

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2x0 or 3x1 would give the title to Flu. I'm not sure where you read about having to win by 3.

16. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Nope, no away goal rule on the final. If they are tied on the aggregate once both legs have been played, 30 minutes of extra time will be played and then penalties if things don't change.

Liga should've finished Flu in the second half... they missed a great chance. Two goals is not a big difference.

17. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Shakes head

man can't they be consistent with the rules.

One tournament has this the other tournament has that.

18. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fluminense winning 2-0 or 3-1 next game would send both teams to penalty kicks.

Liga had a chance to end it that second half but Fluminense were able to regroup during half-time. Fluminense are so much stronger when playing off the counter attack and La Liga has shown they can handle the pressure with a two goal lead. Can't say that any of the two teams have an advantage off of free kicks both are able to score and tonight Liga showed they had an edge on corners bombarding Fluminenses box with chance after chance.

It's still such a wide open second leg.

Very true.

La Conmebol aclaró que en la final de la Copa Libertadores los goles visitantes no se contarán doble en caso de empate.Habrá alargue y penales, si fueran necesarios

[FONT=tahoma,verdana,arial]http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=693598&s=copalib&type=story[/FONT]

19. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's why when they announced changes to the Sudamericana they mentioned that, because the Sudamericana had the away goals rule in the final.

20. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Liga now more than ever has greatr possibilities. We have had great games playing like the visiting team. Except for the game with Olimpia dn the Same flu(we lost 1-0) we did good. and remember inthose two games, it was a substitute team. I think we can manage a result.

21. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    so your satisfied with second best???.. i bet you were Also happy when we lost to england by one goal in the round of sixteen.. this mentality has got to change.. we have to be ambitious, aggresive and greedy.. i hope the players now and in the future reject your mentality or else we will be forever almost good.. smh

22. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you jackass! you misinterpret! ofcourse i would be upset if they lost. all i am saying is Liga had a hell of a tournament regardless of the result. it would be devastating should they not win the cup. you don't even know me so just take your head out of your ass, king of losers.

23. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    of course liga had a hell of run..but at the end of the day, who really cares?...barcelonistas in our country can brag all they want about those two second places,, but who really gives a ********?
    you can tell a lot fom a person through his posts.. and saying your "just happy" liga made it this far ...
    really imo says you'll be happy with second best.. so whos the real king of losers?...:rolleyes:
    btw you cant be happier unless your happy to begin with, or unless you failed english. and you cant be happy and devasted at the same time. so i dont know what you mean if not satisfed with second place.

either way liga should really play smart in maracana.. they dont need to attack in large numbers and ceretainly cant sit back and defend.. they need to hold the ball for a good amount of time and attack so fluminense cant jsut say these people arent atacking so why not atack with my defense too.

24. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who can tell me what Flu is lining up? Who do you think was the best player in the first game. I liked a lot Urrutia. I am wondering if now finally Liga has the mental preasure off their shoulders. I think they will play a little more calm in Brazil.

25. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you just a loser king, from now on, i just ignore anything you say. for all i care, you probably have 1 ear, no legs, a leper.. I feel sorry for you. keep up the very intelligent input my friend. :)