News: Who will succeed Sepp Blatter?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by The Germans are coming, Jun 5, 2015.

1. The Germans are coming

Aug 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Sauron has been defeated, but will the ring now be destroyed or picked up and used by someone else?

We have an open race this time, which means that alot of people could and probably will run.

According to various media outlets these are most likely to run:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/.../fifa-president-sepp-blatter-replacement.html

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cu...esidential-candidates-to-replace-sepp-blatter

And it is also worth noting that the South Korean FA boss traveld to Berlin today to speak to Platini and others in European football.

Personaly, I just hope that Issa Hayatou and Fahad Al Ahmed dont run. Hayatou has been proven to be corrupt and is even banned from the IOC, under him the Blatter way of doing things will simply continue. The Kuwaiti sheik essentialy is Blatter 2.0, he rules over Asian sport with an iron fist, is rumerd to be corrupt and is leading the gulf state push to have Australia kicked out of Asian sports. Under Hayatou we would be ruled as usual under the Blatter regime, under the Kuwaiti sheik, things will get a million times worse.

I am still hoping that Romario or Cruyff decide to run.

2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Luis Figo seemed pretty serious until he pulled out of the race. I'm sure Barcelona fans will support him ;)

3. The Germans are coming

Aug 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Holding a world cup tournament hosted by 2 continents with 48 nations, 12 from each continent participating?

No. That doesnt sound serious at all. Whilest a 48 nation world cup with a "round of 32" is logisticaly possible, currently Asia sucks and Africa still has a long road ahead. And the "two continent" thing is just pure stupidity. I like Figo, but I cant take him serious as a candidate for FIFA president.
    I hope that the next president will be someone who loves and breathes football, hopefully a former player and not some shady Swiss banker, powerhungry Kuwaiti sheik or some other kind of person who would be better served working as the executive of a company that has a reputation like EA games, Goldmann Sachs or Koch industries.

But I cant take Figo serious, mainly because of his redicilous proposals.